Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 13:42   #16
AZT
BHPian

Re: Rhymelogue 2.0 | Drive from Kolkata to Varanasi | Agra (via Lucknow) | Gwalior

What an amazing travelogue with pictures. Hats off to the creativity and rhyming, 5 star thread
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 14:39   #17
BHPian

Re: Rhymelogue 2.0 | Drive from Kolkata to Varanasi | Agra (via Lucknow) | Gwalior

Hats off Subhojitb, rated this gem 5 stars. In Bengali "ek kothai ossaaadharon"
livetodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:56   #18
Team-BHP Support

Uniquely amazing travelogue! You are a talented person @subhojitb. It is detailed as well as entertaining. The replies from Abhi and SS Da are fantastic as well.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 18:01   #19
BHPian

The quoted lines are very aptly put! The destination might be the same, but our point of view, our preferences dictate what is ultimately rendered through the camera or the pen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhojitb View Post
Each travelogue is unique and highlights its own points of view -- the perspective of the author; traveling in silos or groups; a relaxed holiday or a sightseeing spree or enjoying an adventurous journey and the list can go on and on.
The photos clicked by your son are excellent and speaks of maturity at such a young age. And every time I see the droolworthy photos of Biryanis, Kebabs and Curries of Lucknow - the itch to visit the city just for the sake of its Mughai dishes becomes overwhelming.

During my recent trip, I was crossing Lucknow around 2 PM. Believe it or not, it took me couple of hours just to cross the city and get onto the ALE. Since you too visited the place - did you experience anything similar?

Best Regards,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 00:44   #20
BHPian

Thanks so much, abhi_tjet, DicKy, haisaikat, AZT, livetodrive, BlackPearl, sayakc for taking time from your busy schedule in not only reading the travelogue patiently but your positive comments covering a varied spectrum is indeed I am really fortunate to receive as a writer.
Each perspective is special to me and the 5-star rating that I will cherish for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
A remarkable way of narrating the journey

Wondering which time of year did you travel since we travelled to Agra end of this October and could only manage Taj Mahal, but point being the Raebareli stretch of road on way to Lucknow was indeed a badly broken one.

Rated 5 stars for the wonderful jugglery with rhymes clubbed with enticing photo, please keep more of these coming.
Thanks haisaikat for your generosity. Its indeed such a pleasure to receive the positive feedback and accolades but at the same time it has made my job harder to write my next travelogue.
Since I stayed in the northern parts of Benaras, taking the Prayagraj RaeBareli route would have taken more time. Hence opted for the Jaunpur-Sultanpur route. My journey date was 11th October this year and apart from one-two usual congestion spots which took max 10-15 min each, the journey was quite smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Hats off Subhojitb, rated this gem 5 stars. In Bengali "ek kothai ossaaadharon"
Thanks so much livetodrive. Let me rephrase it in Bengali - "oshesh dhonyyobad" or rather "shudhu dhonyyobad diye apnake choto korte chaina"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Uniquely amazing travelogue! You are a talented person @subhojitb. It is detailed as well as entertaining. The replies from Abhi and SS Da are fantastic as well.
Thanks BlackPearl so much for the superlatives which has accidentally landed in my lap. Would try my best to remove that "talented" tag at the earliest
Indeed, the replies from Abhi and SS Da are wonderful to say the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
What a wonderful way of presenting a travelogue! Loved reading it. Beautiful captures and narration.
Please keep exploring and sharing in this novel way
Thanks so much abhi_tjet for your kind words. Would try to remember your words for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
That's a refreshing change.

To be frank, I would have got stuck writing even one stanza
Thanks so much DicKy. Sir, you are truly being modest here. Somewhere, someday when our paths cross and we can discuss many a things under the sun over a cup of coffee, may be I can share the "real" secret of writing a stanza. But sshhhh, no comments here; else Mods might remove the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
What an amazing travelogue with pictures. Hats off to the creativity and rhyming, 5 star thread
Thanks so much AZT. It's indeed a special honour that I am fortunate to get but not worthy enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
The photos clicked by your son are excellent and speaks of maturity at such a young age. And every time I see the droolworthy photos of Biryanis, Kebabs and Curries of Lucknow - the itch to visit the city just for the sake of its Mughai dishes becomes overwhelming.

- did you experience anything similar?

Best Regards,
Sayak
Thanks sayakc so much. I have passed on your feedback to my son and he has conveyed his best regards.
Yes, me too gets deeply attracted by the Lucknow-i cuisine. I couldn't resist writing that line - "Feels like I am Wajid Ali Nawab" in my post tasting those dishes - pure bliss, each time every time.
As far as I can remember, the Dastarkhwan restaurant in Lalbagh area to ALE took around 45 min or so, with normal city traffic and no unusual scenario.
subhojitb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 01:19   #21
BHPian

Any update on the road conditions from Kolkata to Varanasi recently. Google map have started showing 15hrs. I am travelling end of march. Would appreciate any info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks