Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 00:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Calcutta to Vizag in a Tata Vista - 2241 kms round-trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
It's wonderful to read this excellent Vizag travelogue of yours. Long, rather really long drives, beautiful beaches, awesome foods -- you had all the ingredients for a perfect road trip! Keep traveling and keep posting.

Best wishes,
Thank you for your kind words, Golam! Yes, it was a great trip - to be honest I was more than a little worried about the long, really long drive on day 1, especially when we were navigating all the diversions in Odisha, but thankfully it all worked out in the end. Now if only the roads in Odisha and the condition of our very own NH-34 would improve, it would really help in planning more such trips!
Neversaygbye is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:12   #17
BHPian

Great auto blog... it was worth spending time reading it... thoroughly enjoyed it... I just have a quick question... You mentioned... "we promptly got a proper scolding from one of the AK-47 carrying army men manning the portcullis".... I just wondered if you accidentally hit upon the super secret Indian Navy Marcos base in Vizag??
MadSnapper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 23:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSnapper View Post
I just wondered if you accidentally hit upon the super secret Indian Navy Marcos base in Vizag??
Thank you for the kind words.

Considering that this was the alternate route to the top of Dolphin Hill and it was just adjacent to Hindustan Shipyard, there is every possibility that you are correct. I did find it odd that one route is out of bounds to civilians whereas a civilian can still reach the same destination by an alternate route. The AK-47 also seemed to be overkill for a sentry guarding a portcullis (Actually there were two of them). Obviously there is something to hide on this route. If you see the photo of Dolphin hill taken from Ross hill, there is a channel between the hills and that leads to Hindustan Shipyard (and maybe the base?)
Neversaygbye is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks