Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:11   #16

Re: Beaches of Uttara Kannada district - The best kept secret of Karnataka

I am humbled by your words of appreciation, especially when it comes from a localite from Karwar. I am sure you will have loads of memories from your 'motherland' and it would have been even more beautiful in the past than it is now.

Haha absolutely the most beautiful beaches of my childhood is now part of one of the largest submarine bases of the world!!but none the less the charm of uttara canara is unmatched
Samay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 16:57   #17
BHPian

Uttara Kannada apart from beaches has a lots of forest area including National parks and tiger reserves with a lot a secluded places.

The district is pristine with a loads of unpolluted rivers, lakes and forests. There are lot of perennial rivers that flows throughout the year.

It is a delight each time I visit Uttara Kannada
TheCarLover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 19:33   #18
BHPian

UK as few natives call it (Including myself), has varying landscapes in every direction. Try driving and staying around places like Sirsi and Dandeli post monsoon. The weather is are absolutely fantastic and the green will be everywhere.
It was one of the top 10 districts with the maximum forest cover in the whole country ! This is after a drastic fall in the percentage in the last 40 years due to illegal Logging.
Jesse_Mach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLover View Post
Uttara Kannada apart from beaches has a lots of forest area including National parks and tiger reserves with a lot a secluded places.

The district is pristine with a loads of unpolluted rivers, lakes and forests. There are lot of perennial rivers that flows throughout the year.

It is a delight each time I visit Uttara Kannada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Mach View Post
UK as few natives call it (Including myself), has varying landscapes in every direction. Try driving and staying around places like Sirsi and Dandeli post monsoon. The weather is are absolutely fantastic and the green will be everywhere.
It was one of the top 10 districts with the maximum forest cover in the whole country ! This is after a drastic fall in the percentage in the last 40 years due to illegal Logging.
Wow! nice to hear from 'UK' natives. I feel jealous of you people who have such wonderful places to go back to, unlike we native bloreans Yeah, exploring forests and hills are the next goals. Wanted to go around Dandeli-Ganeshgudi this time, but had to skip it. Are you aware of any good home stay options (not the Dandeli resorts kind) that allows us to walk around forests, rivers, do some trekking ?
Old 23rd February 2022, 13:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Wow! nice to hear from 'UK' natives.

Am a native of Chennai. But yes, time permitting, I like to explore a lot, especially secluded places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Are you aware of any good home stay options (not the Dandeli resorts kind) that allows us to walk around forests, rivers, do some trekking ?
There is one homestay called Amara in Gund village in the Kali tiger reserve. Their hospitality is exemplary and second to none. Have already been there multiple times. The forests areas are restricted to a great extent. You can speak to them and check out the options available.
TheCarLover is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks