Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 13:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: With my Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 in Ooty

Really nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Usually stay either at Sterling Fern Hill or Gem Park during our annual trip to Ooty. Haven't been there post Covid though, how was the upkeep at Sterling ?
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 13:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
how was the upkeep at Sterling ?
Although they didn't mandate cleansing the hands, there were sanitizers at most places; housekeeping & room service staffs were not just masked, but also wore gloves all the time (God knows if the gloves were changed everyday). Even the security staffs were gloved all the time (we accidentally walked during midnight & observed this)

Overall, the resort didn't have minimum occupancy most of the days (for that matter it was the case with entire Ooty) & for us it was cloud 9 experience. They're currently renovating for the upcoming season.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 12:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Ooty is one place where I would like to ride a Bike, I have done it once, I wish I had a better bike though than a rental. The smell of eucalyptus in the crisp air, the chill and the winding roads. The Queen of hills indeed.

From the checkpost where you have parked in Avalanche, you can walk down to the stream but to go inside all the way to Emerald lake you will need the permission of the officials.

I hear the steam engine is being restored, We had travelled in it during college days, you could walk next to it in certain parts of the journey, good fun.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 23:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good one aargee saar. My home's a few KMS away from Earl's Secret. I can see you had a great time.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 26th January 2022, 12:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Good one aargee saar. My home's a few KMS away from Earl's Secret. I can see you had a great time.

Cheers!
VJ
Sir, please accept my sincere apologies; ideally I should've started this thread stating an apology to you. Why? To have missed sending you a PM for a meet. Mistake is entirely mine. Why did I do it? May be sheer laziness + a determination not to open mobile & laptop during vacation.

Although I succeeded not bringing laptop, I had to open mobile a few times during the day post Tuesday (for work); we never called anyone during that time as well barring children twice during the week; sort of complete isolation.

May be all these factors combined, I missed sending you a PM, but please trust me, every Kothagiri signboard reminded of you. Pls forgive & at next opportunity for sure, we will make it please.
Old 26th January 2022, 17:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

I get it, please don't apologize. There's always a next time.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 21:45   #22
BHPian

What a co-incidence!
I stayed at the Aventura this past weekend.
Word of advice, please avoid these as they are not at all comfortable. No space for standing, not place to stow away luggage.
Plus, the washrooms are not attached.

Coming to the Ooty side, I loved the place. Lovely weather and great roads. I found a gem of a sweet shop/bakery named Prabha Sweets (very close to A2B & Kailash Parbat) on the Commercial Road. Very tasty snacks.

Would love to go back to this amazing place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks