Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 15:52   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

1998 Contessa Classic does trans India - Nepal drive of 10,000 km in 28 days

A 1998 Contessa Classic 2.0 DSL with four young men drives across India also reaching Nepal, completing 10,000 kms in 28 days. The four Jabir P., Niyas K.P., Yoonus K.P. and Ameen K., all cousins from Jabir’s mother’s side, set off on their 1998 Contessa 2.0 DSL from Morayur in Mallapuram dist on December 8th 2021 to create another milestone for this great car, that already has a mega achievement to its credit. The earlier record created was by Salauddin and Neena Choudhary who set off on their mission from New Delhi on 09.09.1989 on their Contessa Classic (1.8 GL petrol) to circumnavigate the globe in 69 days, 19 hours and 5 minutes, covering 25 countries across nearly all continents but Antarctica, creating a Guinness World Record in 1989.

Says Jabir aged 30, a chartered accountant, “Me and my three cousins from my mother’s side set off from Morayur in Mallapuram dist, Kerala, on December 8th 2021. We travelled along the western parts of India to reach Srinagar. Traversing 10,000 kms in all through Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, UP we also visited Nepal. Overall, it was an awesome experience of the myriad weather conditions through the length and breadth of our country and the neighbouring kingdom Nepal. The topographic variations and the rural hinterlands gave us very different first hand, feelings. Many of the bystanders including the commoners, Indian Army jawans and cops were seeing the Contessa for the first time ever. They took pleasure crowding around our car and were asking us all about our long and arduous trip. Many of them including the Army jawans and cops took selfies with the car. I wanted to create awareness amongst the people of the country about the power and utility of the Contessa. Many people doubted its abilities. I proved it and I am so happy about it.”

Message Spread :- Don't scrap older cars. They are fit as a fiddle if looked after well !

Thanks to inputs by Jabir P. and to Vijay Anand for linking me up with the foursome who have undertaken their mission successfully.

Link for the full article by me:-

https://magazine.derivaz-ives.com/cr...ssic-contessa/

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 31st January 2022 at 15:53.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks