Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2022, 12:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Zoomcar’ing in ‘Golden Triangle’ of Odisha, the soul of Incredible India

Super travelogue and so well documented. Though I am from BBSR and my parents stay a stones throw from Parsurameshwar temple, I learnt so much from your travelogue.
You seem to have missed the Kedar Gauri complex a few meters away (maybe it was documented but I just skimmed through and will read in detail later).
The old town is amazing to explore. However it is not that well documented for tourists
deepak_misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 14:18   #17
BHPian

A very well documented and detailed writeup. I, being a resident of Kolkata, visited all the places many many times from childhood, but never went through such a detailed travelogue. Kudos to 'TurboOnTurmac'. Please keep on writing such travelogues.
Only one thing I would like to mention please refrain from using the 'camera stamp' on the pictures. These are unwanted eyesore.
edunata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 18:02   #18
BHPian

Excellent writeup. I will definitely read this again.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 18:29   #19
BHPian

Thanks for this lovely travelogue, TurboOnTurmac. This definitely goes to my to-do list. I have already saved your circuit and hopefully should do it soon.

Ram
marsbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 19:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
What an amazing travelogue you have penned @TurboOnTarmac. It felt like i was literally taken to these places by reading your travelogue.

Also appreciate the lengths you have gone to mark the corresponding sections of the relics to explain what they correspond to.

I must admit that you have now prompted me to add these places to my bucket list
Thank you, vivekkp. Very happy to see your nice words.

I am sure you would enjoy visiting these marvels in future. Knowing a bit of details about their background history, the myths and legends, the culture and the people behind them would make us appreciate them much more for what they are and what they represent. All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatafanatic View Post
Very well written with adept explanations of importance of places

I am on way to a Cycleogue from Bhub to maybe same places as covered in writeup, should be interesting indeed.
Thank you, tatafanatic. wow! looking forward to read your Cycleogue! Wishing you safe and joyful trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post
Super travelogue and so well documented. Though I am from BBSR and my parents stay a stones throw from Parsurameshwar temple, I learnt so much from your travelogue.
You seem to have missed the Kedar Gauri complex a few meters away (maybe it was documented but I just skimmed through and will read in detail later).
The old town is amazing to explore. However it is not that well documented for tourists
Thank you, deepak_misra. Your parents live in a nice historical neighborhood. That 3-5 square kilometers area is a treasure trove of Kalingan history and culture. I missed a guide there. There is so much but no sign boards or publications that explains what they are. Hopefully once the planned infra development and the excavations around bindusagar are completed, may be we see good information boards and guides helping tourists.

I had developed a bit of Phobia after succumbing to the intimidation by priests, only because of my inability to strongly say NO due to respect for them, and left with bad feelings during my visits to sacred Kashi vishwanath temple and now at Navagraha 'temple' (actually its small makeshift room). It might be a very simple local behavioral aspect that everyone used to and accepted the way it is, and also evolved to deal with it, so NO negative views or complaints from me. Hence, I felt worse about myself that I cant even deal with basic normal intimidation. I wanted to visit Kedar Gauri but fresh after the episode at Navagraha, a part of me forced to stay clear of it. I saw it from a distance and left

Last edited by TurboOnTarmac : 1st April 2022 at 20:05.
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 19:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edunata View Post
A very well documented and detailed writeup. I, being a resident of Kolkata, visited all the places many many times from childhood, but never went through such a detailed travelogue. Kudos to 'TurboOnTurmac'. Please keep on writing such travelogues.
Only one thing I would like to mention please refrain from using the 'camera stamp' on the pictures. These are unwanted eyesore.
Thank you, edunata. I removed the watermark option on my phone camera, just now

I am glad that you had liked the detail. Its a tough call for me to either make it short with some key details and nice pictures or should I capture the detail that gives us much more perspective, appreciation and knowledge about these icons so that when we visit them, not only that we enjoy their beauty but also admire for what they are. I veered a bit towards more detail that I researched during this visit and felt it will help fellow travelers in future. Hence, it became lengthy. Glad that you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Excellent writeup. I will definitely read this again.
Thank you, rajesh1868. Looking forward for your feedback after you have read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post
Thanks for this lovely travelogue, TurboOnTurmac. This definitely goes to my to-do list. I have already saved your circuit and hopefully should do it soon.

Ram
Thank you, marsbhp
Hope you would be able to visit soon and I am sure you would love these marvels.
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 22:12   #22
BHPian

Thank you very much for this excellent travelogue. I was very keen to visit Orissa and see all the places you have mentioned. Now I don't think I need to make a trip. All my curiosity is quenched by your writing.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 14:52   #23
BHPian

Extremely informative and interesting travelogue, which is nicely written and covers all relevant details. Wonderful to read on history and it sure requires repeat reading. Thanks for sharing. Did you visit Chausath Yogini Temple of Hirapur ?
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 10:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Thank you very much for this excellent travelogue. I was very keen to visit Orissa and see all the places you have mentioned. Now I don't think I need to make a trip. All my curiosity is quenched by your writing.
Thank you, lejhoom.
I think with the knowledge gained about the history and archaeological features, you may probably enjoy more in visiting the places and exploring with physical senses in reality.

In my case, The surya image in National museum in Delhi was there all over in the internet and I had seen it on mobile/laptop. However, the feelings I experienced when I was really infront of that image in National museum, is something special.

Wishing you a great trip sometime in future to these marvels in Odisha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
Extremely informative and interesting travelogue, which is nicely written and covers all relevant details. Wonderful to read on history and it sure requires repeat reading. Thanks for sharing. Did you visit Chausath Yogini Temple of Hirapur ?
Thank you, sukhbirST

I had not known about Chausath Yogini Temple before. A quick googling gave me about its uniqueness of being open roof (no roof) temple built in 9th century at the peak of Shakti movement in those times. Its more like the ones we see in Greece. Very interesting one to explore and probably I may visit if I go across to the region again in future.

People visiting Bhubaneswar must add this to their itinerary due to this unique feature that is not common in Hindu temples. Thanks again for sharing this input.
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks