Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 23:43   #31
BHPian

Its below that. It was used to store ammo when the fort was in use. Haven't gone down myself. Too dark for comfort.
Old 21st June 2007, 09:55   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Its below that. It was used to store ammo when the fort was in use. Haven't gone down myself. Too dark for comfort.

I was made to believe it stored water and ammo for ships that came by for a refill. But I assume the gates were locked. Will try a peek next time, who knows I might find myself some antique . Thanks Rohan.
Old 21st June 2007, 17:04   #33
BHPian

Kiran, how was your temperature needle behaving on highways? I know it stays close to halfway mark in the city even with the a/c for the newer Palios, atleast the Palio 1.6 Stile I test drove behaved that way.Does it stay at half even on the highway? Does fan speed 2 kick in when the a/c is switched on or does it stay on 1? In the older ones, fan speed remains on 2 constantly while the a/c is on.Hence the needle never reaches the half way mark with a/c. But its good if it remains on 1 for most of the time-saves some fuel and the fan as well. I've noticed the temp needle touching the half way mark with a/c in Swifts too.

P.S- Nice place to keep the idol, in your line of vision always.Saw it in one of the pics

Last edited by roms : 21st June 2007 at 17:09.
Old 21st June 2007, 17:40   #34
Team-BHP Support

Interesting question Roms. And I knew you would observe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Kiran, how was your temperature needle behaving on highways?
What I realised that this is one of the MOST sensitive temperature gauges I have ever come across. In the past I have driven the Zen and the Getz extensively but never saw the temp needle move as much as it does in the Palio.

Quote:
I know it stays close to halfway mark in the city even with the a/c for the newer Palios, atleast the Palio 1.6 Stile I test drove behaved that way.
Correct and to generalise this statement we can infer that all Bharat-III compliant cars show the same readings.

Quote:
Does it stay at half even on the highway?
It stayed 2 mm below half way mark on the entire highway stretch before it rained. With the A/C it moved just a mm upwards. When you take a break the fan runs for about a min and shuts off. After you just turn on the ignition and do not crank the needle touches 3/4th mark (SCARING THE DAY LIGHTS OUT OF YOU but this happens because your water pump is not working at this stage but your fan is running)!!! As soon as you crank the engine "ON" it comes down 2 mm below the half way mark. When the sun goes in cloud cover and you are doing continues speeds over 100 kmph and more air is hitting your radiator the needle comes exactly at midway between the 1/2 and 1/4th mark. With the A/C on in such conditions it stays there. When it starts raining and atmosphere goes cooler like at Amboli in my case the needle was about 1 to 1.5 mm above the 1/4th mark with the A/C "ON". Quite some study, isn't it? I wanted to share this observation with you guys, thanks for reminding me. And one more point. In night time driving i.e. when the normal temperatures drop, the needle doesn't come anywhere close to the half way mark.

Quote:
Does fan speed 2 kick in when the a/c is switched on or does it stay on 1? In the older ones, fan speed remains on 2 constantly while the a/c is on.Hence the needle never reaches the half way mark with a/c. But its good if it remains on 1 for most of the time-saves some fuel and the fan as well. I've noticed the temp needle touching the half way mark with a/c in Swifts too.
This is a good observation and I will do this test as a part of my project to compare the 1.6 Sport and GTX. Will keep you posted but one thing for sure, the 2nd speed fan kicks in when the engine temp reaches 97 degrees. I can be specific because I drove my car for 15-20 kms with the examiner in the car showing constant readings.

Quote:
P.S- Nice place to keep the idol, in your line of vision always.Saw it in one of the pics
Thanks bud. I couldn't find a better place in the car and on the dash board looks bad and doesn't stay upright.
Old 22nd June 2007, 12:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

These are some of the best photos I have seen---feel like I too have travelled along with moralfibre.
Great travelogue !! Waiting for the Goa pics
Old 22nd June 2007, 13:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the typo, I meant 'waiting for more Goa pics'.
Old 24th June 2007, 06:23   #37
BHPian

hey kir,so you finally made it man.fun fun and fun.what happend to that yellow lady play boy??is she with you in pune now??dont tell me your next thread is marriage mania
Old 25th June 2007, 10:14   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
These are some of the best photos I have seen---feel like I too have travelled along with moralfibre.
Great travelogue !! Waiting for the Goa pics
Thanks vnabhi. Thats all I have in my picture collection. Hope you saw the Picasa album link.
Old 25th June 2007, 11:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

sigh! long live the palio! wonderful on long drives! nice pics, and you still got an FE of 15+ with AC. brilliant!
Old 28th June 2007, 18:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Really nice report Moral. I have been dying to such a drive for a long time. Alas, I have family that is not too keen. :(
Old 29th June 2007, 18:22   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
sigh! long live the palio! wonderful on long drives! nice pics, and you still got an FE of 15+ with AC. brilliant!
Yes Madan I got 15+ and trust me if you have the right gear shifts, it is not difficult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Really nice report Moral. I have been dying to such a drive for a long time. Alas, I have family that is not too keen. :(
Do it solo then! It is as much fun.
Old 11th September 2010, 17:34   #42
BHPian

guys...does anyone know the current condition of roads from nippani to sawantwadi?
Is it advisable to go via belgaum or take a right from nippani?Planning to leave on 16th for a few days in paradise

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks