Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Falling for the (Water) Falls | Monsoon saga in the magical Western Ghats

Nice pics. What was the duration of exposure for your waterfall shots?
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:24   #17
BHPian

Lovely post! Generally us auto enthusiasts write all about the details to get to such places but sometime leave out the scenery!

MH waterfalls' beauty is truly something else, and the sheer number of waterfalls too is something that is amazing. Most of the locals even in small villages actually treat such waterfalls as hangout spots, they have their own local following! Some of my fondest memories of Maharashtra roads trips are stopping by at such places and eating 'Kanda Bajji and Misal' at nearby local huts.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 21:00   #18
BHPian

If reading and watching the writeup along with photos is so enthralling, wonder how it would have looked in real life. Thanks and appreciate the efforts for making it truly enjoyable.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 01:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
That paragraph, even its unquoted entirety, might just be some of the most beautiful writing I've come across. I see this abundantly splashed throughout your post. Hats off!
Half the time I was searching on Google for meanings of words in his post. He has impeccable command over English. Can be a novelist. Great pictures which do justice to his literary skills.
shaheenazk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Nice pics. What was the duration of exposure for your waterfall shots?
Thanks a lot.

The exposure time in most of the picture are 1-2 sec. Few pics when volume of water is less has 4-5 secs. A B+W ND 8/16 filter is used. f is taken as 8 to 10 and sometimes bumping it to 16 (to achieve lower exposure). Camera mounted on tripod firmly, 2 sec delay in shutter, umbrella to protect rain droplets on lens. Camera is fully on manual mode with manual focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post
Lovely post! MH waterfalls' beauty is truly something else, and the sheer number of waterfalls too is something that is amazing.
Thanks a lot. Waterfall bring energy to the environments and prosperity to the villagers. The villagers love the people coming to see these waterfalls as these water stream add their revenue streams (parking, tea, food, corn, shelter etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
If reading and watching the writeup along with photos is so enthralling, wonder how it would have looked in real life. Thanks and appreciate the efforts for making it truly enjoyable.
Thanks a lot. In real world they look amazing to the extent that these pictures can not justify+ the wider view that our eyes can catch is beyond the capability of any mechanical device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
Great pictures which do justice to his literary skills.
Thanks a lot. I am writing a book as well just for my friends, about the time we spend together during engineering, post graduation, jobs and how my life is shaped by these friends/events. Although this book is just for these friends (specially my 3 close friends).
UD17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 16:01   #21
BHPian

Mesmerizing photography, some of the best photos of waterfall I have seen. Your passion is quite visible in these.
Not sure if there are leeches in the area you have been to take these photos. If yes how do you manage to save yourself from their fury?
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 11:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
Mesmerizing photography, some of the best photos of waterfall I have seen. Your passion is quite visible in these.
Not sure if there are leeches in the area you have been to take these photos. If yes how do you manage to save yourself from their fury?
Sir thanks. Fortunately no leech here but we can find snakes specially vipers around the waterfalls/waterbodies in Maharashtra.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks