Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2023, 11:39   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tadoba Diaries | Tigers & Wildlife

Wow Ramnath_77. Am I actually reading a travelogue or a book about wildlife? What a fantastic travelogue this is. You've seen practically every species in that area, and I'm so envious of your luck to capture these encounters. Super Amazing images and I thank you for sharing the beautiful photos.
Krish_Diesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 15:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post
Wow Ramnath_77. Am I actually reading a travelogue or a book about wildlife? What a fantastic travelogue this is. You've seen practically every species in that area, and I'm so envious of your luck to capture these encounters. Super Amazing images and I thank you for sharing the beautiful photos.
Thank you Krish_Diesel. Glad you liked the travelogue and images.
Tadoba is extremely additive for me personally which makes me keep going there regularly and has helped in getting some good images
Old 7th February 2023, 14:17   #18

Dear Ramnath_77

We are planning a trip from Pune to Tadoba since 2 to 3 months.
I was planning to book Safari to Moharli Core but the slots get booked quite quickly.

I'm only getting the slots for Pangadi & Zari core. Any inputs on how do visitors fare on tiger sighting in this zone. Is Pangadi / Zari core better than the buffer zones in Moharli?

Travelling with 2 kids and hence Tiger sighting is key element for making this trip a success

Thanks a lot.
Old 7th February 2023, 14:48   #19
BHPian

Great compilation @ramnath_77.
Loved your pictures. They are simply amazing

Thanks for sharing.
Old 8th February 2023, 08:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK0909 View Post
Dear Ramnath_77

We are planning a trip from Pune to Tadoba since 2 to 3 months.
I was planning to book Safari to Moharli Core but the slots get booked quite quickly.

I'm only getting the slots for Pangadi & Zari core. Any inputs on how do visitors fare on tiger sighting in this zone. Is Pangadi / Zari core better than the buffer zones in Moharli?

Travelling with 2 kids and hence Tiger sighting is key element for making this trip a success

Thanks a lot.
A few quick pointers to help you plan better
1) Pls access https://mytadoba.org/ which is the only authentic site to book safaris.
2) The booking system at Tadoba has been designed such that the prices for booking during the 1- 60 day window is cheaper than booking during the 61-120 day window. As a result most of the folks wait for the clock to turn from the 61st day to 60th day and then book and this leads to most of the tickets getting booked on exactly the 60th day. If you are lucky you will end up getting a few open slots aviable even after that but the main zones are unlikely to be available.
3) Having said the above, many of the buffer zones also have good tiger population and more importantly regularly sighted in the tourism zones (eg. Agarzari, Dewada, Junona etc on the Mohurli side and Alizanza and Madnapur on the Kolara side). Hence you can always take a chance with these as well in case you dont get tickets in the main core zone.
4) Pangadi/Zari gates lead to Kolsa zone which is extremely beautiful. Also the number of vehicles allowed in this zone is only 4-5. This has positives and negatives. Positive is that in case you get a sighting, there is not much disturbance of other vehicles and hence you can get to photograph well. Negative is that the area is huge and due to lesser number of vehicles there are lesser number of eyes to comb the forest area for sightings. Hence a safari to this zone could be a hit or a miss.
5) Based on your need, i feel you should try and book in the 61-120 days period (you will end up paying higher fees but you will definitely get core zone (Mohurli gate or Kolara gate). You can do 2 safaris here and another 2 in buffer which would be much lesser in terms of cost. Try to book safaris around Mid May - Early June period at the moment and there are tickets available at the moment for this period.
In case you need further details, pls feel free to DM me.
All the best with your plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate_Drive View Post
Great compilation @ramnath_77.
Loved your pictures. They are simply amazing

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Sedate_Drive
ramnath_77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 11:34   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnath_77 View Post
Glad you liked the travelogue and images.
Hi Ramnath,

Can you please let know how the safari jeep payment happens? I am assuming that the jeep is private ones like in Pench.

So once you make payment and confirm your booking at forest department site, you share that booking details to the resort who arranges a jeep they in touch with.

The jeep when entering the forest gives your booking details and forest department transfers the payment of the jeep from your booking based on that later?
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hi Ramnath,

Can you please let know how the safari jeep payment happens? I am assuming that the jeep is private ones like in Pench.

So once you make payment and confirm your booking at forest department site, you share that booking details to the resort who arranges a jeep they in touch with.

The jeep when entering the forest gives your booking details and forest department transfers the payment of the jeep from your booking based on that later?
Hi mpksuhas,

Thats right. You can share the booking details with the resort and they usually arrange for a gypsy. However in some cases if the distance from the resort to the gate is on the higher side they might ask you for an extra charge. You can get this confirmed with the resort before you travel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks