Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2022, 15:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Darjeeling->Rishop->Kolakham->Samabeong->Dooars in a Duster AWD

What a nice travelogue. Amazing scenery and good food and locations. East is a place I've always wanted to visit and this makes me more hungry!
bhargav_dave is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 20:10   #32
BHPian

Words are hard to find to describe the quality of this travelogue. The write up and the photographs have a perfect blend, which I always say as "SAMBA MAGIC".Keep rolling.
Sayata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 17:55   #33
BHPian

Absolutely amazing pictures with great detailed travelogue.
I have also visited almost all the places last year with my motorcycle. Felt really good looking the same from your lense.
As always Sambamagic is awesome to see!

Keep sharing the good pics. I am yet to write down my last years bike rides travelogue.
Sharing a few Pics from the similar route.
On the way towards Darjeeling
Darjeeling->Rishop->Kolakham->Samabeong->Dooars in a Duster AWD-nb-2.jpg

Near Dow Hills Kursheong
Darjeeling->Rishop->Kolakham->Samabeong->Dooars in a Duster AWD-nb-5.jpg

Road Towards Pedong
Darjeeling->Rishop->Kolakham->Samabeong->Dooars in a Duster AWD-nb-3.jpg

Near Kolakham
Darjeeling->Rishop->Kolakham->Samabeong->Dooars in a Duster AWD-nb-6.jpg

Inside Neora Valley National Park
Darjeeling->Rishop->Kolakham->Samabeong->Dooars in a Duster AWD-nb-7.jpg

Near Lingsey Village
Darjeeling->Rishop->Kolakham->Samabeong->Dooars in a Duster AWD-nb-8.jpg

Way to Gorubathan from Lava
Darjeeling->Rishop->Kolakham->Samabeong->Dooars in a Duster AWD-nb-1.jpg

Near Gorubathan
Darjeeling->Rishop->Kolakham->Samabeong->Dooars in a Duster AWD-nb-4.jpg
SVK Rider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 19:54   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Beautiful places, beautiful stay and photogenic sky with the red beast. Perfect combination
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post

If you have not already done , try out Summit Swiss Heritage once in Darjeeling. It offers excellent views , is pretty close to the mall and has a spacious parking. I bet you will love the narrow alley that takes you into their parking lot
Thanks a lot. This is a very useful info. There is definitely as dearth of good hotels with an amazing view and parking as a combo in Darjeeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
And yes, Darjeeling-Calcutta inside 12 hours need some serious driving, we mere mortals can only dream about. Keep tripping,
Thanks Abhi. The last line you wrote is among one of the most humble lines I ever came across!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post

Samabeong seems a gem of a place and I have now bookmarks the routes via Ramadhura and Upper Fagu. Goes on to show, that N Bengal never fails to disappoint, no matter how many times you visit.

Route to Geetkhola seemed steep at places during the turns. WBFDC Banani is the better-located property at Murti in my opinion, but the WBTDC place is undoubtedly more posh.
Thanks a lot. A stay in Samabeong is worth it. I was with my parents, else one can try out the scenic trail walks through the tea estates. They will provide a guide with you.

Regarding Geet Khola, though it's doabale with a 2wd, I will suggest not to venture with a 2wd. Even if it rains a bit, a 2wd will face difficulty in climbing up.

Yes, I agree, the location of Banani is any-day better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
from Rongpo towards Ramdhura, there is a stunning viewpoint at the Jalsa Bungalow. It's definitely worth to spend some time there if one drives along that road.
Thanks Golam da. And thanks again for this pointer. I was not aware of it. Will try this for sure, during my next visit. Eagerly waiting for your Arunachal travelogue to come up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav_dave View Post
What a nice travelogue. Amazing scenery and good food and locations. East is a place I've always wanted to visit and this makes me more hungry!
Thanks Bhargav. Please do plan a trip to this side of the Himalaya. I guarantee you will love it. For any queries or doubts please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you plan the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayata View Post
Words are hard to find to describe the quality of this travelogue. The write up and the photographs have a perfect blend, which I always say as "SAMBA MAGIC".Keep rolling.
Thanks Sayata. A trip together is a long due. I still cherish our last year's Gurudongmar trip together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Absolutely amazing pictures with great detailed travelogue.
Thanks Souvik. Wonderful pics. Please write the travelogue ASAP! Am a fan of your photography.

Last edited by Samba : 11th November 2022 at 19:59.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 17:40   #35
BHPian

Many thanks for this post, Darjeeling brought back so many childhood memories. For us settled in the south, it's close to an expedition to see snow, we need to drive several thousand kilometres to reach the base of the Himalayas.
I am an admirer of your road trips, I pray for all of you in the forum that witness the natural wonders of this planet.
God speed.
scorched_earth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 23:22   #36
BHPian

While reading this TL from Bangalore, the images of the mighty Kanchenjungha brought back so many memories from our North Bengal & Sikkim trips. Your road trips are always special - be they stunning destinations or the superb routes that you always manage to take !
The timing of this trip was spot on as the bright and sunny weather (with a perfect dose chill) opens up a whole new dimension to the hills. Rishop & Kolakham are extremely dear to me for the sheer variety of birdlife on offer and I just loved seeing those images of Neora Valley Jungle Camp. We stayed there in March 21 and it was a fantastic experience.

As for Samabeong, the place simply looks heavenly. The old world charm of the bungalow coupled with that starry night sky had me sold on the idea of yet another North Bengal trip ! Thanks Samba for sharing such a brilliant narrative coupled with some incredible shots (that we always expect from you)! Rated 5 stars !
turboNath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks