Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:59   #31
BHPian

Re: A Question | An Underrated SUV | 9271 km | 12 States | Bengaluru - Assam Road Trip

Amazing travelogue.

It is always wonderful to catch up with friends, relatives, and new people, and what can be better icing on the cake if it can happen with a road trip?

It is a memory for a lifetime, to be relished and relived for years to come
TheCarLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 17:46   #32
BHPian

Re: A Question | An Underrated SUV | 9271 km | 12 States | Bengaluru - Assam Road Trip

Wow this was a great read, and congratulations on this amazing feat. While folks only think of doing epic trips, you have been there done that, along with your family. Your kids are lucky to have such enthusiastic parents, eager for such adventures.

Loved reading the travelogue!
toppor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 18:01   #33
BHPian

This travelogue was a delight to read. Beautiful captures. Sometimes, just pictures of scenery isn’t needed. Instead, clicks of small halt, routes, candid clicks while on move shows the mood better. Thanks for sharing the beautiful travelogue. Great to see TUV300 munching miles. I suppose it would have shined in not so perfect patches especially due to its robust chassis and built along with good GC.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 21:01   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on your 10k-long road trip. One can only imagine achieving such long distances.

This seems to be one of the longest travelogues, but worth the time spent reading and reading such long travelogues before my sleep helps me feel relaxed. Maybe even I should consider writing a travelogue of Chennai - Pondicherry - Chennai Trip. While the route is much more frequent for visitors, I have not decided to write it now. Maybe I will write one in the near future

Thanks for sharing!
the_bat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 23:51   #35
BHPian

Wow, what a trip, what an experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Must mention here, the Real Compact SUV that the TUV/Bolero Neo is, too underrated.

Hope Mahindra now passes on the FSD dampers and Watts Link to this vehicle from the Scorpio N. It already has MLD. BLD would be great addition too.

And a TC Automatic.

That would finalize the vehicle for myself.
sagsaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 12:21   #36
BANNED

Epic travelogue...

This is one of the bests travelogues I have come across on this very great forum.

Thanks for all the details mentioned there.
pd_scorpio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 13:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Congratulations on completing this Epic trip , your kids especially will remember this for long time to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toppor View Post
While folks only think of doing epic trips, you have been there done that, along with your family. Your kids are lucky to have such enthusiastic parents, eager for such adventures.
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, the trip helped our kids to see new places and meet people. Now if they read something about a place we covered, they can correlate. They will be in touch with friends they made in this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Epic Travelogue. A amazing trip to remember
Loved going through the Travelogue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabhian View Post
Truly an epic road trip. Thoroughly enjoyed going through it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
One word. AMAZING
It is one thing to do such an epic trip and totally a different thing to put that experience together in words and photos. You did both with elan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_scorpio View Post
This is one of the bests travelogues I have come across on this very great forum.
Thank you for your encouraging words. I am glad that you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
good to see a detailed travelogue with wonderful photos.
. . . . .
When in Shillong and Kolkata, unfortunately we could not communicate in time.
Thank you for your kind words. We will definitely meet in the near future. Our daughter is now asking when we can go for Capital Connect like you did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Loved your travelogue and the pics. Road trips are a perfect recipe for family bonding and I have always felt that it bonds you stronger as a family.
Thank you. Yes, certainly it helps in family bonding. We spend long time in the car as well as in the same hotel room, we talk and share more

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLover View Post
It is always wonderful to catch up with friends, relatives, and new people, and what can be better icing on the cake if it can happen with a road trip?
It is a memory for a lifetime, to be relished and relived for years to come
Thank you. Yes, it was once in a lifetime trip. Fond memories for all of us. We covered some places, which would otherwise have not been possible, if we used other modes of transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Sometimes, just pictures of scenery isn’t needed. Instead, clicks of small halt, routes, candid clicks while on move shows the mood better.
. . . . .
Great to see TUV300 munching miles. I suppose it would have shined in not so perfect patches especially due to its robust chassis and built along with good GC.
Thank you. While we were on road, photographs were taken by my wife and son. Son learnt using DSLR in this trip only. TUV300 performed well and handled some bad sections of road in Assam and West Bengal without much trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bat View Post
but worth the time spent reading and reading such long travelogues before my sleep helps me feel relaxed. Maybe even I should consider writing a travelogue of Chennai - Pondicherry - Chennai Trip.
Thank you. This is in fact my first travelogue. You should definitely consider writing your experiences. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Must mention here, the Real Compact SUV that the TUV/Bolero Neo is, too underrated.
Hope Mahindra now passes on the FSD dampers and Watts Link to this vehicle from the Scorpio N. It already has MLD. BLD would be great addition too. And a TC Automatic.
Thank you. I agree. I missed cruise control too. If they put all these in Bolero Neo, I am game to consider as my next vehicle.
airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 18:12   #38
BHPian

Some observations which I would like to mention.

1. You were lucky indeed to escape a falling tree branch. Please share the method used to fix the dent and possibly any link of related video.

2. Lane discipline in Shillong...when would others emulate it. Truly inspiring.

3. Manual rickshaw. The only time I actually saw that was pulled by Balraj Sahni in Do Bigha Zameen. Long time ago MGR donated cycle rickshaws to all those manual pullers in TN. I think some noble soul should initiate similar action here. We should start a separate thread to invite views on this.
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 21:07   #39

Thoroughly enjoyed reading an excellent travelogue after a long time. Truly this trip will be remembered especially by your children. Thank you for sharing. All the very best for future.👍
ambarish6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 20:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
1. You were lucky indeed to escape a falling tree branch. Please share the method used to fix the dent and possibly any link of related video.
There are many videos online for fixing such dents with hot water. It was my first such experiment and did not make a video. I compiled the suggestions received on WhatsApp groups and people were debating if there would be any paint damage.

I turned the wheels to extreme left so as to give me sufficient space to work from inside, then removed few rivets to partially remove the fender liner. Took hot water and using a small steel cup poured on the dent from inside. After pouring about 1 litre of hot water, I felt that bumper was softening a bit, poured few more cups. Took a thick towel and pushed the dented portion from inside. Using a towel or thick cloth is important to avoid burn injury on fingers (thanks to BHPian mi2n for this tip).

A Question | An Underrated SUV | 9271 km | 12 States | Bengaluru - Assam Road Trip-dr1.png

After I was reasonably satisfied with the fix, I put the fender liner and rivets back. We boiled about 3 litres of water and work was done using about 2 litres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarish6 View Post
Thank you for sharing. All the very best for future.
Thank you for reading and good wishes.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks