Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2022, 09:49   #16
BHPian

Re: I left my heart in the Maldives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
From fooding point of view, I am assuming that resorts would have cooks to suit taste palates across visitors domiciles. So, from vegetarians perspective, how feasible it is to have proper variety and availability of vegetarian meals?
The resort I stayed in was Kuramathi and it had 12 restaurants in total. Being from Jain community myself and my wife I can totally relate to what you are asking.
The head chef used to get dal makhani and naan prepared for us and they did have a few vegetarian options in the buffet but were not separated. This might disappoint some vegetarians but overall the experience is so heavenly that we did not bother much regarding food. I would rate my food experience 6/10 overall. But had some of world class cocktails and mocktails which made it up for us.
I would still recommend resorts like Taj exotica and the likes for vegetarians since they cater to Indian guests majorly and have huge variety for vegetarians. My cousin had a stay in Taj exotica and was going crazy about the vegetarian food and the taste.
Hope this helps. I would be happy to answer anymore questions regarding Maldives.
vipinS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 23:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikha_roy View Post
One common question we encountered on our trip was: "Aren't there sharks in the ocean?" There were sharks, but not huge and scary as in Jaws.
These are reef sharks. The ones hanging around resorts are too spoiled by the free food offered, they have virtually become indolent! Same with sting rays. But it's better be cautious with them.
Old 10th December 2022, 18:30   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokabs View Post
The Resorts are the canned holiday in the Maldives. This is the expensive way and not so interesting. Other than the beach,sea and lovely climate you get the same conveniences at any beach resort. We stayed in Rasdhoo Island which was about and hour from Male airport by speedboat. The resort was owned by a local who happened also to be an expert diver with all th equipment. His resort provided local food with fresh fish and seafood caught by the islanders themselves. The island was 650 m x 450m with around 1200 local inhabitants. We had a private 'bikini' beach within 150 m of the hotel and a very nice reef to snorkel or dive. There were a few other hotels and eating places. Otherwise only a few souvenir shops. However, the atmosphere was great and true Maldives. Had great fun and cost us almost nothing. Hotel room was only around 2800 Rs per night. Food was a little expensive and for 3 of us for 4 days cost us USD 750.
Can you please share some more details about the resort? How to find them on booking sites?
Old 10th December 2022, 19:37   #19
BHPian

You can try out hotel booking sites like hotel.com, expedia.com, booking.com etc. I booked on hotel.com as I had some earlier credit from bookings done with them. They give some credit for each booking.
Old 11th December 2022, 23:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikha_roy View Post
However, we wanted to avoid the hassle of shifting rooms after 2 days, hence opted for 4 nights/5 days in Water Villa.
During my visit to Maldives last year, i booked for 2N in beach villa and 2N in water villa. Each one has its own charm.
Changing the rooms in the resort i stayed in was hassle free. Packed the bags, left them outside the beach villa, went for lunch, went to the water villa and the bags were already there.

Maldives is a place where you don't do anything, still feel the duration is short and yearn for more.
Old 8th May 2023, 11:20   #21
BHPian

Thank you everyone for the detailed write up on Maldives; definitely helps one looking for the trip.

Any idea how is June month for the Maldives trip; specifically end of June? I understand that it is generally the 'rainy' season , but how is it overall to visit during this time of the year?

Also, I am looking to book the package via MMT; are there any other better or equivalent Sites / planners for the same?
Old 25th December 2023, 17:09   #22
BHPian

In the last month's elections, a virulently anti-India politician has won. He has banned Christmas celebrations in local islands. He has already told India to withdraw its military support personnel from MD. We should proceed with caution if we wish to visit MD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks