Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 22:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Leavenworth, WA - Visit in a BMW to the most X'massy Town in USA + Experiencing a snow blizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Have done too many road trips. Hopefully, will share one after another as and when I get some time. Cheers !
You are right, not many people have the X3 (atleast going by the posts). I saw one post for a trip-state meet up recently. I have driven a lot in US, but mostly rental SUVs ( I try to get a different one each time). Boston to Detroit is a long drive, you can probably cross into Canada and then reach faster than taking the longer route in US. The longest I have driven is from NJ to Smoky mountains, some places on the west coast and in Alaska on the Dalton highway.

I have posted travelogues, but nothing on the ownership for the X3. I did one for the X1 I had earlier, but that was a very short one, so the one that wrote for the X3 initially wasn't going to meet the ownership post criteria

I moved north now, so it's more cold and with the pandemic, my travel came to a full stop. Hopefully this summer will bring in new and exciting travel opportunities.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th January 2023 at 07:20. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 13th January 2023, 05:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Leavenworth, WA - Visit in a BMW to the most X'massy Town in USA + Experiencing a snow blizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rao View Post
Boston to Detroit is a long drive, you can probably cross into Canada and then reach faster than taking the longer route in US.
Round trip is exactly 1700 miles. And, local drives (New Hampshire, Connecticut and sometimes as far as New York/NJ) adds another 300-500 miles.

And, I would do the above at least 3-4 times in a year. you can say, I know every stone, leaf, tree and signboard on that particular route.

Quote:
The longest I have driven is from NJ to Smoky mountains, some places on the west coast and in Alaska on the Dalton highway.
I did a Detroit to Gatliburg/Pigeon Forge (Smoky Mountains) too and from there we drove to Nashville as well. That travelogue is pending. Hopefully will share sooner than later.

Quote:
I moved north now, so it's more cold and with the pandemic, my travel came to a full stop. Hopefully this summer will bring in new and exciting travel opportunities.
Where north have you moved?

The pandemic gave me opportunity to travel more by road. We did maximum trips during pandemic as everything was by road and it felt safer.
Old 13th January 2023, 09:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Where north have you moved?

The pandemic gave me opportunity to travel more by road. We did maximum trips during pandemic as everything was by road and it felt safer.
I'm in Canada now (Toronto area). Road travel is definitely safer in current times. I did travel locally (around 500km or less), but haven't written any travelogues so far on them. Some were day trips and some were just far away to reach.

Have to start taking actual vacation trips this year I have lot of pending US national park trips ( have been to about 20 of them so far). About 30 or so are still pending, hoping I can plan a trip to some of them this year.
aditya_rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks