Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 01:56   #31

Re: Ananthapuri to Dwarkapuri | Kerala <> Gujarat road trip

I am delighted to read this well-written and vivid travelogue. I am glad to see that the Safari is receiving the love it deserved. Seeing the Beast in its natural habitat brings me joy. The Safari is still a great vehicle for long-distance travel, and there seems to be a renewed interest in it recently.
drrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 09:34   #32
BHPian

I usually read most travelogues on TBHP - this one is one of the top 3 I have seen. Thank you first off for reminding me of better times. It's been 33 years since I was in Ahmedabad. And would you believe it, at least 25 since I was in TVM. Life...

One wonderful thing about your writing is that you managed to keep it to the point and let the journey unfold itself. That takes skill and restraint. Last month, I came across one piece I just couldn't wade through because of the useless verbiage and pretend poetics. It's a curse we Indians somehow feel proud of!

In your travelogue, I was blessed to be taken unobtrusively as a passenger and shown the sights you enjoyed. Thanks again. Moreover, the way you strung the words with the images was very well done.

Last edited by Pennant1970 : 30th January 2023 at 09:36. Reason: Spellcheck interference undone.
Pennant1970 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 14:22   #33
BHPian

Great read. While planning your stoppages what all did you consult, just gmaps?
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 17:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Thanks for sharing those pleasant memories for lifetime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajjay View Post
I really appreciate your patience for writing such a wonderful, detailed travelogue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
Beautiful picture studded travelogue. Gives a very crisp summary at the end. I am amazed at your patience to organise pictures, write about each one and complete this marathon write up.
Well, more amazed at you completing 5000+ kms in 2 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
Excellent travelogue. Beautiful pictures, crisp narration. Equally incredible as the trip is the faith you have in the high mileage run Safari and its impeccable performance. Impressive.
Thank you very much. Appreciate the fact the you guys took the time to let me know how you felt. Justified the time spent organizing the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindhunt View Post
Nice travelogue in a nice car. Crisp writing and was hooked till the end.

I was in Gujarat for 3 years and your travelogue brought those nostalgic memories back, especially the small cups of tea. Thats because the Gujaratis used to have lots of teas at frequent intervals. Thats odd for us South Indians who are used to 'jugs' of coffee/tea
Thank you so much.

That was our assessment as well, but as dad remarked, "back home, we discard this much tea from the bottom of our glass after drinking."

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
Well detailed blog with loads of photos, it was a delight to read. Thanks for sharing.

Let me add this: If you plan to visit Gir, do consider Diu, it is worth a visit.
Thank you for the tip. Next time, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrindanny View Post
Beautiful pictures, excellent narrative and a total inspiration. Appreciating your effort to take pictures at each point and building up this amazing travelogue.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa!lor View Post
Hello
As you did not have any advance bookings made I was just wondering why you did not cover statue of unity after Vadodara itself while going Ahmedabad as you had a relaxed journey that day.
Thank you. We had planned for Akshardham temple visit originally as well as possibly vintage car museum and Sabarmati Ashram, depending on the time we had. None of those worked out. In retrospect, we could have avoided staying at Ahmedabad altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Awesome write -up.
Kudos to your energy to drive all this distance and even within Guj, there seems to have been some hectic driving.

Just a query, if one has to cover each of the locations you visited like Dwaraka, SOU etc in a more relaxed way, I assume it would take another 3-4 days easily ?
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much.

3-4 days extra would have been just about the right amount of time to see all the attractions just along the route we drove, I feel. Not to mention, one huge area, Kutch, was left untouched.

As they say, the first mile is the hardest, but I hope to see your travelogue soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
I am delighted to read this well-written and vivid travelogue. I am glad to see that the Safari is receiving the love it deserved. Seeing the Beast in its natural habitat brings me joy. The Safari is still a great vehicle for long-distance travel, and there seems to be a renewed interest in it recently.
Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, of late, I have been noticing used Safaris getting picked up quite fast. Seems to be a renewed interest alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennant1970 View Post
I usually read most travelogues on TBHP - this one is one of the top 3 I have seen. Thank you first off for reminding me of better times. It's been 33 years since I was in Ahmedabad. And would you believe it, at least 25 since I was in TVM. Life...

One wonderful thing about your writing is that you managed to keep it to the point and let the journey unfold itself. That takes skill and restraint. Last month, I came across one piece I just couldn't wade through because of the useless verbiage and pretend poetics. It's a curse we Indians somehow feel proud of!

In your travelogue, I was blessed to be taken unobtrusively as a passenger and shown the sights you enjoyed. Thanks again. Moreover, the way you strung the words with the images was very well done.
Thank you so much. I highly value your feedback. I was not quite sure my style of presentation would be good enough for a multi-page thread. All my other travelogues were 5 or 6 posts at the longest. Really glad to know that this style has its readers, even for longer threads. Justifies the time spent and motivates to spend time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Great read. While planning your stoppages what all did you consult, just gmaps?
Thank you. We built up our information bank over time from various sources, travelogues from Team-BHP, Indiamike, BCMTouring, various Youtube channels. We selected the locations based on that and route plotting was with the help of GMaps.
darklord is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 07:33   #35

What a wonderful write-up!

Haven't done the exact route but have done multiple Pune-Delhi-Noida-UP trips to my hometown with my Safari Storm and loved every bit of it while I was in India.

Thanks, for sharing 🙏
kshitijsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks