Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2023, 02:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Rann Ke Rang | Featuring Ahmedabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Excellent account with beautiful visuals, @Samfromindia. Although I've stayed in GJ for many many years, I never explored Ahmedabad, but everytime I'd make a day trip there, the Riverfront always impressed.

If you look at the image you shared, the two heaviest tolls after Khalapur are the ones on either side of Vadodara. Karjan at 105 bucks and Vasad at 140 bucks. Why heavy? No idea.
Thank You ! The new Riverfront developments are really beautiful and give the city a modern vibe. However many purist friends dismiss them as artificial as they don't represent the soul of the city. No idea about the tolls though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hi Sam,

Let's meet at Falahaar, Pune Did you try the cheese-pineapple sandwich at Manek chowk?

Awesome travelogue as always Did you take the same route on return?

Keep exploring,
surjaonwheelz
Thanks ! Never knew Falahaar has them, at least from their Swiggy menu. Guess I need to check out the store. Yes took the same route on return, as shown on Google maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Beautiful travelogue Sam. You have covered the places in great details. I will refer to this whenever I visit Gujarat since this thread would do a better job than the GJ Tourism website.

Cheers,
Pawan
Thanks ! Don't forget to book your stay at Tent City beforehand in case you plan for Rann Of Kutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
First things first, congratulations on completing the One lakh mark on this fabulous little machine Sam. We both know how mile munching is so much fun with the Ecosport.

As for the trip, it’s such a detailed report that one doesn’t need to look further anywhere about the places one needs to visit in and around Ahmedabad. The pictures of the areas around Rann and the Atal bridge came out real good. Although, I was hoping to see some drone shots of the Rann Utsav as well, don’t know whether drones are allowed or not !

Keep munching miles and keep traveling,

Regards.
Thanks ! 1L KM came up pretty late, mainly due to very less daily commute after relocating to Pune and then Covid and WFH. I also wanted to take drone shots, however they are not permitted at all as its a border area with Pakistan and there were BSF guards patrolling key areas. However I have seen people take drone shots in some other areas of Rann, maybe illegally. You can find some nice aerial shots from their official YouTube channel like this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I just completed reading the full travelogue. As expected, the write-up is very informative. Plus adding the links, if anyone wants to read more about that place was very thoughtful.
The pictures of the sunset looks fantastic & they definitely do need a special mention. Rated 5*.

Visiting the Rann of Kutch is in my bucket list for a long time. But the drive to this place from Kolkata will be a long one, so I guess taking a flight to Ahmedabad from Kolkata, & taking a self driven car should make more sense! What do you suggest?
Thanks ! Unfortunately I got lazy these days and using mobile for all my travel pics. (The first SOU pic was taken using DSLR yrs back )

If you want to visit Rann of Kutch during Rann Utsav, I will recommend you to book in the official Tent City. They will give complimentary pick up + drop from Bhuj airport / railway station, serve you snacks along the way and also during the way back take you for some sight seeing. So going there by public transport is recommended. The drive from Ahmedabad to Bhuj is uneventful, so taking a self drive car doesn't make sense unless you want to go in some off beat location for a drive to explore Rann.

Rann Ke Rang | Featuring Ahmedabad-1.png

Rann Ke Rang | Featuring Ahmedabad-2.jpg

Rann Ke Rang | Featuring Ahmedabad-3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Thank you Sam for this detailed travelogue on vibrant Gujarat. Gujrat is certainly on my go to list for the future, and now with better roads it makes the case even more compelling for a visit especially during the Rann Utsav and may have to add Gir and Akshardham along with Statue of Unity. Rated 5 stars.
Thanks ! If you are religious you may also want to add the first Jyotirlinga : Somnath Dham

Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks