Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 15:41   #16
BHPian

Re: My Travel Diary | Rediscovering Oman, a journey of nostalgia and exploration

A very well summed up post. Even I'm planning a trip in June to visit my father whose been working there since 2004. Last I had visited was back in 2015. I'm pretty sure a lot must have changed since then. I can plan my itinerary better thanks to this post .
yatesh.92 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 16:14   #17
BHPian

Re: My Travel Diary | Rediscovering Oman, a journey of nostalgia and exploration

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaguy18 View Post
My love for automobiles stemmed from the car culture i was witness to growing up in Muscat, and to honour that I made a page on instagram called @parkedinmuscat. If you are on IG, do give it a follow! I am sure you will be happy seeing what all Muscat has to offer wrt automobiles.
Follow request sent. Really good posts
Old 29th March 2023, 14:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesh.92 View Post
A very well summed up post. Even I'm planning a trip in June to visit my father whose been working there since 2004. Last I had visited was back in 2015. I'm pretty sure a lot must have changed since then. I can plan my itinerary better thanks to this post .
Thankyou yatesh.92.Do have fun there, though it might be blistering hot in June!

Last edited by GeneralJazz : 29th March 2023 at 14:13.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 02:20   #19
BHPian

After a lot of laziness, finally penning down about my recent trip to Muscat. Already returned to Indiain first week of July after a 2 week vacation . Following are the places I visited. Some of them are already covered in this thread so won’t go into the details.

1. Muttrah Corniche and Souq
Attachment 2530613My Travel Diary | Rediscovering Oman, a journey of nostalgia and exploration-image.jpeg

2. Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque

3. Shatti beach, Qurum: Great place to chill especially post sunset. Must visit during weekends if you want to spot some amazing cars.

4. The National Museum: Place is pretty close to the Sultan’s Palace. Must visit if you want to know about the history of Oman.

5. Marina Bandar: Yatch/Boat leaves from here if you’re interested in spotting dolphins. Since my cousins from Dubai had come over, we had plans for the same. However, dad advised against it as it was too hot.
My Travel Diary | Rediscovering Oman, a journey of nostalgia and exploration-img_0467.jpeg

6. Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve, Sur: Around 3-3.5 hours drive from Muscat. Incredible roads and scenery was just wow.

Daytime temperatures were extremely high but once you reach the reserve during night time it’s really pleasant and windy. Turtles come to lay eggs at this time and laying continues to happen almost till the end of the year as explained by the tour guide.

7. Bimmah Sinkhole: Another great location where we halted while returning to Muscat from Sur.

My Travel Diary | Rediscovering Oman, a journey of nostalgia and exploration-img_0577.jpeg
My Travel Diary | Rediscovering Oman, a journey of nostalgia and exploration-img_0574.jpeg

8. Royal Opera House: Parking lot of this property is another great place to spot some amazing cars. Spotted an amazing 570s in an incredible red shade. There was a Pontiac Trans Am as well but by the time I toured the Opera House and got back it was gone
My Travel Diary | Rediscovering Oman, a journey of nostalgia and exploration-img_0742.jpeg

Last edited by yatesh.92 : 13th November 2023 at 02:45. Reason: Attachment issues
yatesh.92 is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks