Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2023, 21:15   #16

Re: My Maiden Hill Drive | Kodaikanal - Princess of Hill Stations

Well written and thanks for reminding me of my trip to Kodaikanal in my Ecosport, back in October 2022. I travelled from Thiruvananthapuram-Kerala, with my wife and toddler son. NH 44 drive till Madurai was absolutely amazing. I chose to hire a cab in Kodaikanal to visit local places like Poombarai, Manavannur and other regular tourist spots around Kodai. Using a local cab for local site seeing gave me enough time to spend with family, as I got free from driving in the busy hill roads and map navigation. I skipped Guna caves as I did not feel it was worth all the effort of finding a parking spot and the walk (I have been there before). I will be visiting Kodai again as I would really like to explore Vattakanal area and stay in a homestay or villa.
kiterunner958 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 22:53   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Short and sweet travelogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
We were seven of us -and we had to accommodate ourselves in two vehicles. The split of pasengers was decided such that those prone to motion sickness would travel in the higher seater while three would travel in the sedan.
Shouldn't it be the other way around ? people with motion sickness to travel in a vehicle that has lower body roll ?
Old 16th March 2023, 23:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Day-1 (Contd.)

Attachment 2429318

Sharing memories of the same parking lot from December 2021. We were at the restaurant for lunch. I hope you tried the bakery on the opposite road. I don't recall the name but their plum cake was awesome.

Stock finishes in about 10mins every day. Whenever we are around Kodai in December we make it a point to wait in queue around 3PM for the super delicious plum cakes and pound cakes.

My Maiden Hill Drive | Kodaikanal - Princess of Hill Stations-img_0045.jpeg
Old 24th March 2023, 15:28   #19

Wonderful Travelogue Vigsom.
I never seem to get enough of Kodaikanal. There is always the annual customary trip to Kodaikanal for a weekend or longer.

I can vividly see each of the places you have pictured.

I have done 3 trips biking to Kodaikanal. First one was with my college mates in mid 2000's on a Pulsar! the next 2 were on meteor 350, with the last one in Aug 2022.

Last time I drove the accompanying Ciaz from Observatory to Mannavanur lake and it was amazing! All along I believed you need a great machine to have a great driving experience and I realized the twisties are all you need!
corner_craver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks