Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2023, 22:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Char Dham Yatra | A Divine Journey in a Ford Endeavour

Brilliant travelogue of an epic trip!

My (senior citizen) parents are on the eve of starting for 4 Dham next week and no sooner had I 'made' them go through a related thread (not natural readers of team-bhp) than your thread appeared!

Very timely and extremely humbling to see the devotion and fervour in inhospitable environments. In fact this travelogue pepped up my folks from the anxiety about the unknown

I am very intrigued by your driving to these destinations and all the planning (sometime, someday) and you couldn't have done it in a more capable machine than the Endeavour
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 03:37   #17
BHPian

An excellent travelogue! Your suggestions on planning the Yatra are invaluable. Your well written experiences will be helpful to many who wish to embark on the Yatra in their own car.
mac13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 11:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
I didn't see pics of the Rudraprayag Sangam or the Koteshwar mandir at Rudraprayag or for that matter any of the other prayags or the Bhairobaba mandir above Kedarnath

Above normal snow this year? Quite a lot still left for end of April
Thanks. We did stop at Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag & Devprayag but did not go down all the way to ghats. At Rudraprayag water level was almost nil and photo from the main road was not coming well.

Above normal snow this year definitely. On related note, who would have thought that in Delhi AC are yet to run to its full glory, poor AC manufacturers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Yamunotri when we trekked there was a landslide in the trekking path and almost 100 metres had a single walking track with rope on the side

Kedarnath is a tougher trek and takes about 7 to 9 hours depending on the pace which we ascend.
Yamunotri was no different, even now a portion of bend caved in but hats-off to police & contractor present over there, they were soon seen putting concretes & sand and yatra continued with one-way travel at a time at that bend.

Kedarnath surely would have been tougher as you have done it and we are not right person to judge having taken helicopter route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post

My (senior citizen) parents are on the eve of starting for 4 Dham next week and no sooner had I 'made' them go through a related thread (not natural readers of team-bhp) than your thread appeared!
Thanks. I hope your parents complete the char dham yatra and receive God's divine blessing as we did.

Last edited by Wanderers : 5th May 2023 at 11:23.
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 17:08   #19
BHPian

Re: Char Dham Yatra 2023: A Divine Journey in Ford Endeavour

It was a wonderful trip and beautiful pictures. Some people say it is better to go in September. It is a little colder then, but apparently far more relaxed. What is your view on that?

Thanks a ton for the detailed explanation. This will be really useful for anyone planning the Char Dham yatra. Thanks once again
pd1108 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks