Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2023, 13:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Lucknow to Bangalore - My first cross-country road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Both the routes are equally good. Both have their own issues too. So, it basically comes down to personal preference now.

I travelled from Lucknow to Hyderabad only. Once in late March via Jhansi - Sagar, and once in May via Allahabad - Rewa - Jabalpur. I was a little bored with the former, since I have been taking the Sagar route over the last ten years now.
May be I will take one while going and the other for return then.
Old 13th December 2023, 10:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaprasoon View Post

We bypassed Nagpur and found an OYO just on the outskirts. It was right by the highway. It was almost 7PM and we decided to call it a day.

The hotel was in the middle of nowhere. But it had covered parking and after a long day all we needed was a cold shower and an AC room. Booked two rooms for a total of Rs 1800.
Is it possible to provide a review of the hotel? Is it safe for a family overnight stay? How was the staff, cleanliness etc? Thanks.
Old 13th December 2023, 11:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Is it possible to provide a review of the hotel? Is it safe for a family overnight stay? How was the staff, cleanliness etc? Thanks.
The hotel was newly started so it was clean. We could have been the first people to stay in the rooms in which we did. There were only 3 people in the staff then including the manager. The behavior was good and they even gave us some discount.
In terms of safely there was no issue inside the hotel. It was surrounded by a high boundary with high gate and a dog at watch . But as I have mentioned in the previous post there is not much around there. There is garden restaurant next to it and perhaps one petrol pump nearby. If you are traveling light safely should not be an issue. If you have some reason to be concerned then avoid it. I think you can find something if you enter few kilometers inside Nagpur.

Here is the google maps link to the hotel - https://maps.app.goo.gl/Qqd3onevLw1eBQCK6
You may call and check any other detail you want.
adityaprasoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 11:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Nice travelogue! Any reasons for not taking the Lucknow - Jhansi - Sagar - Nagpur route?
We had a stop planned at Satna, so.
Old 13th December 2023, 11:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
By any chance, do you remember the Dhaba / google map location?
Here you go-
Dhaba - https://maps.app.goo.gl/zpTuLX91S43DNx6D9
Nagpur hotel - https://maps.app.goo.gl/Qqd3onevLw1eBQCK6

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks