Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2023, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Re: My memorable days - Thailand - Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviKBobba View Post
Interesting pictures. The food looks really yummy and they do have a reputation of serving best street food.
Thanks for the appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrajeevkumar View Post
Been there .. done that! Lived in Bangkok and loved every minute of it! Your post was a trip down the memory lane!

During your stay did you try the coveted and awesome fruit Durian ? I may have missed seeing them in your awesome post !
Yes I have tried it. I visited the biggest fruit market Talad Thai. Had a good experience there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
As a huge foodie, I always jump immediately to the photos of food in these travelogue posts (and get disappointed when there aren't any )

Thank you so much for taking the time to focus on the food in a country that is renowned for its cuisine. Did you also happen to sample the food at the night markets?
Thanks for your kind words. Yes I did that as well. Totally a good place to rejuvenate our food system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat095 View Post
Man, I wish I had this travelogue before I had a similar trip in April this year.

Krabi is indeed a beautiful place, however, during my visit the weather was too hot for us to try something exotic and we did stick to our basic tried and tested cuisines.

The one thing I liked about Bangkok or Thailand in general, is the car culture, seen all sorts of modifications on Hilux and Ford Ranger along with some old Chevy Silverados!
Glad that I shared some good info and pictures. Thanks for your words.

Car culture - yes. when ever I see modified cars, I just stand still and have a good look till they disappear and then I move on. The roads are so good so most modified cars had done low profile. I have never seen a single dirty car on road during the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bentley View Post
I have a few questions as a noob traveler. Appreciate it if you (or any others) could give your insights:

1. I'm planning for an international trip with my wife (first overseas trip for her). I'm confused between Bali and Thailand. Any pointers regarding which one is better?
2. Also, if we visit Thailand, do we really need to come via a travel agent? (I always like to explore places by myself. I kind of feel more 'involved' in a trip that way. But, I dont want to risk the first experience for my wife, haha).
3. We're vegetarians. Can we too enjoy the food scene there? (I travel hungry in South Korea, ALWAYS). Any tips for us poor hungry souls in Thailand?
4. I love it if there's a little culture involved in the places where I visit (instead of just sky scrapers and urban jungles). It looks like Thailand does have a bit of everything for everyone. Any offbeat places to explore there?

Thanks in advance!
1. I had been to both places. With my personal view I love Thailand much better. I will visit again and again. But again Bali is a lovely place.
2. You don't need a travel agent. You can go with on arrival visa. It takes half hour time to complete the process. You can book a hotel based on your budget in the BKK city. From there you can take metros/cab to all the places. No complications there. You can visit islands which are plenty. Make sure to negotiate if you go for shopping or taking a tuk tuk auto.
3. Regarding food, I believe there would not be much choices in Vegetarian comparatively. But you can place orders with rice and veggies. You may have to consider fine dine restaurants for Veg rather than street foods.
4. Offbeat places are many. But it needs more days to explore. I tried to cover most of it in and around BKK city. I wanted to go Chiang Mai but planned for next time. Again if you go offbeat places, you will find it difficult for veg food and communication. I learnt little bit of Thai to manage in a decent level while visiting offbeat places.

My suggestion would be to visit BKK city for few days to visit the tourist places and explore city and go to Island in the south based on your choice and budget.

Wishing you a great trip in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanTra Makto View Post
Wow, looks like will have to go Thailand for the food itself.
Ha ha true that
shiv4747 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks