Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2023, 21:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Summer of '23 | Road trip across Czech, Austria, Switzerland and Germany.

Wow. That’s really quite the travelogue. Not sure how I missed this thread.

Reminded me of my own holiday to Prague and I’m amazed how I missed visiting the Lego museum given I’m such a Lego fan.

Your pictures of Switzerland remind me that that’s one major European country that I’ve been meaning to visit for so long but still haven’t gotten around to. I have a very dear friend living in Geneva for a couple of years only - should try to visit there while he’s still around.

Thanks for sharing such a detailed report.

Cheers
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 00:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Wow. That’s really quite the travelogue.
Thanks.

Quote:
Not sure how I missed this thread.
Thread got buried down under. thats why.

Quote:
Reminded me of my own holiday to Prague and I’m amazed how I missed visiting the Lego museum given I’m such a Lego fan.
Yeah. it is quite a collection actually. We bumped into this place by accident. Didn't know much about it till we peeped in.

Quote:
Your pictures of Switzerland remind me that that’s one major European country that I’ve been meaning to visit for so long but still haven’t gotten around to.
Tourism is a big driver to Switzerland and there is a package for every kind of traveler. Including a package which takes you to all the locations where DDLJ was shot.

Check this out.

https://silvertrips.in/tour/switzerland-tour/

Quote:
I have a very dear friend living in Geneva for a couple of years only - should try to visit there while he’s still around.

Thanks for sharing such a detailed report.

Cheers
Geneva is a nice city. However, the one lasting memory I have of this city from a visit several years ago is Patek Philip Museum. One can appreciate Horology and precision engineering best in this museum. I can never afford one in this lifetime though.
14000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 07:34   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quite a nice report, thanks a sharing!

Having been to quite a few of the places you've highlighted in this report, albeit in the winter, it was nice to see them in their summer glory. One place we missed during our time is Trummelbach falls; the roads/hike were shut because of heavy snow and rain. Glad you got to drive around - another thing we missed since we were there in the winter months.

The beauty of Europe is such that there's so much to do and see, even in the most seemingly simple of places, you need to spend a few days in each place just to absorb the beauty and the way of life!
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 12:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Quite a nice report, thanks a sharing!

Having been to quite a few of the places you've highlighted in this report, albeit in the winter, it was nice to see them in their summer glory. One place we missed during our time is Trummelbach falls; the roads/hike were shut because of heavy snow and rain. Glad you got to drive around - another thing we missed since we were there in the winter months.
True. winter does that. But then, the same regions look a lot different in Winter. Still Beautiful but different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The beauty of Europe is such that there's so much to do and see, even in the most seemingly simple of places, you need to spend a few days in each place just to absorb the beauty and the way of life!
Correct. I feel so uncomfortable seeing the Click-click and go crowds wherever I go. They've barely even taken in the oxygen properly and they're gone after a few Insta-approved clicks.
Old 29th November 2023, 17:32   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
As VW golf fan would love to hear more about the car indeed. Although the Golf-8 has gathered largely negative reviews thanks to its fiddly haptic/touch controls I still like it and would like to hear more especially the driving experience.
Old 30th November 2023, 13:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by save_ioniq5 View Post
As VW golf fan would love to hear more about the car indeed. Although the Golf-8 has gathered largely negative reviews thanks to its fiddly haptic/touch controls I still like it and would like to hear more especially the driving experience.
Glad you asked. The Golf R has a very peppy motor. Loved the throttle response. I kept manually shifting just for kicks.
It was great on the Autobahn and reaching 250kph at times wasn't an issue.

The Ergonomics were spot on and so was the luggage capacity. Well, in my case I took the Station Wagon and it worked out best for my usecase.

Summer of '23 | Road trip across Czech, Austria, Switzerland and Germany.-20230719_085150.jpg

The Haptics, however, are a bother. Often times its a guess of what I've tried to do has indeed been done. This gets irritating when driving.

The infotainment is ok at best. Navigation got me in trouble in Prague mostly because it was glitchy and slow to respond and I missed turns.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks