Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2007, 22:51   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
If you are in madurai, kodai is a must visit. And talking of temples, there are quite a few in madurai. Make sure you visit most of them if not all. If any help is required, i can arrange a few things there as i worked there for 5 years during the initial stages of my career. i still have friends there.
cheers
John thanks a ton for the help you are willing to render. Really sweet of you. Though the problem is that since brother has college and mom has office we are on a very tight schedule since the trip will be for a week covering over 9 temples in different locations. We may not even get a chance to visit Kodai by the looks of it. If a plan materializes in a way that we will stay at Madurai even for 1 day I shall definitely ask for your help. Thanks once again.
Old 12th August 2007, 00:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Lucky b*m , talk about the positive side of being in college/studying. I envy you Rahul, heck I don't get to take off so easily.

Am dying to do a trip and work doesn't permit :-( .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 12th August 2007 at 00:13.
Old 12th August 2007, 00:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Lucky b*m , talk about the positive side of being in college/studying. I envy you Rahul, heck I don't get to take off so easily.
I have a few strong words to say but since TBHP does not permit personal attacks or profanities I will have to desist from speaking my mind about what this fellow is up to.
Old 12th August 2007, 01:02   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Riju, maybe you are not aware. But I am right now sitting at home pretty jobless (infact I am looking after my dads entire business) since I lost a year due to shortage of attendance. Though college took the responsibility for ruining one year of my career I guess there is no to be blamed but myself.

Steer, I am no party rampage (as most of my friends back at home think). Parent's have been advised to take me to all the following temples for my own good on some astrologer's recommendation. I have no say in this, I am just a driver (since dad can't drive for long distances) and I am required to attend all of the above mentioned pooja's. I just throw in some surprise packages just to see that my family spends some quality time TOGETHER as we hardly get to see each other back at home due to our busy work schedules.

Sorry for going OT, but there seems to be a lot of misconceptions running around. Just trying to clear a few. Hope you understand.
Old 12th August 2007, 09:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Another trip being planned. Places to visit are Kumbhakonam, Madurai (once again), Trichy, Tirumala and obviously I will be throwing in some scenic places closeby. Kodai being one option .
From Madurai you have two options depending upon time and mood - Kodai and Kutralam Falls, which ever you choose...

and from Trichy to Tirumala you can also plan a halt at Pondy...

Enjoy the pilgrimage with these add on flavours...

Abhi
Old 12th August 2007, 17:46   #66
Senior - BHPian

Rahul take it easy man . I was only kidding bro' .
Old 13th August 2007, 20:52   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Surprise, I am sure it is a cent. It was confirmed by the hotel manager we stayed at. They had paid 10L for each cent. The guide & several other people my dad managed to talk to quoted rates between 3-5L per cent depending on the location. But certainly not close to the Munnar town.

Steer, now I have to visit Vagamon & Wayanad with my folks. Any other interesting recommended places in and around Kerala?

And I am glad you all like the travelogue. Hopefully it will make some of you take the initiative of visiting such beautiful places. Then this thread would have served its purpose.
Hi Rahul,
The guide told me that an acre costs around 12L, not the cent. Of course, not in munnar town, but 12 km away from Munnar town.
Old 13th August 2007, 22:07   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Hi Rahul,
The guide told me that an acre costs around 12L, not the cent. Of course, not in munnar town, but 12 km away from Munnar town.
Give me your agent's number. I want to see this acre. PS: I am not disputing you - just interested in seeing this plot.
Old 13th August 2007, 22:44   #69
BHPian

Was in Munnar last week..it surely costs arond 12-15 lacs/acre,but a little away from town & not the tea estates,just plain lands.Most of the tea estates are owned by the biggies like Tata's & RPG.
Old 13th August 2007, 23:14   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Give me your agent's number. I want to see this acre. PS: I am not disputing you - just interested in seeing this plot.
Hi,
I was in Munnar last week and hired the same guide Rahul hired previous week. I particulary asked about this as the 10L per cent costs around 100cr per acre. The guide's name is VijayKumar. Contact number +919961007634 (pp). The person who owns the number is Anbu and you can ask for Vijaykumar .

As said by Chandan, most of the land is owned/lased to by Tata. You can buy only away from the town. There are 58,000 acres of Tea Plantation around Munnar. The plot will be a forest area.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 13th August 2007 at 23:15.
Old 13th August 2007, 23:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
Was in Munnar last week..it surely costs arond 12-15 lacs/acre,but a little away from town & not the tea estates,just plain lands.Most of the tea estates are owned by the biggies like Tata's & RPG.
Hey Chandan,
I too was in Munnar last week, for three days (Wednesday to Saturday). Did you see my Red Wagon-R with AP registration plate, by chance? What was your ride?
Old 15th August 2007, 23:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Hey Chandan,
I too was in Munnar last week, for three days (Wednesday to Saturday). Did you see my Red Wagon-R with AP registration plate, by chance? What was your ride?
Nice to meet you Mr Ravi.
Yes,I saw your car.Infact,I was the one who overtook you in a curve which had two roads.I took the right one which was shorter.Anyways, my apologies if you were irritated in any manner. If only we had Tbhp stickers on our cars,we could've met up over chai.
BTW,I was driving a red Getz.
Old 16th August 2007, 19:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another trip being planned.....
obviously I will be throwing in some scenic places closeby. Kodai being one option .
And a great option it is. This was taken last August when I was there. Its around 40kms from Kodai :

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks