Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2023, 04:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Hidden Gems Series: The marvels of Chambal!

A great travelogue. And I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures. Even I am of the opinion that one should take a lot of pictures during a trip. After some years , when one forgets the details of the trip, pictures are a great way to reminisce.

Did I miss it or did you not mention your ride for this entirely wonderful trip. She deserves a worthy mention too.

This trip is my kind of trip. To the places less traveled, avoiding the rush and just spending some good time driving, exploring and staying together. Thank you for this wonderful read.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 20:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Bateshwar is on my plan for this year. Could you share the GMaps link of the 5 temples. I knew only 3.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 21:26   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, great to see someone making the effort to see the hitherto unknown but very important monuments in the Chambal region. I have been there few years back and must say that that was one of my best trips till date. The Bateshwar group of temples along with the Mitaoli and Padavali temples have so much history attached to it that it’s very surprising that so few people know about them.

The restoration of Bateshwar is one of the most significant events in the history of the ASI. I hope the restoration continues and the good work of Mr Mohammad is taken further. Also, ASI doesn’t have shortage of funds but what I feel is that they have a shortage of intent. Very good read and super pictures. Sharing some pictures from my end, hope you don’t mind.

Hidden Gems Series: The marvels of Chambal!-img_0047.jpeg

Hidden Gems Series: The marvels of Chambal!-img_0127.jpeg

Hidden Gems Series: The marvels of Chambal!-img_0116.jpeg

Hidden Gems Series: The marvels of Chambal!-img_0145.jpeg

Hidden Gems Series: The marvels of Chambal!-img_0143.jpeg

Sharing the link of my travel here as well-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...-calcutta.html (Bundelkhand Chronicles - Chasing History and Wildlife from Calcutta)

Keep travelling the less travelled places, all the best for your next.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 2nd November 2023 at 21:38.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 11:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Bateshwar is on my plan for this year. Could you share the GMaps link of the 5 temples. I knew only 3.
Sure - here you go, please note that for Naresar there is a hike of around 1.5 to 2 kms - and typically you will not find anyone to guide. From my experience - stop at the Naresar village and ask for directions / guidance else easy to get lost and give up. We almost did!

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gwal...!3e0?entry=ttu

You can do it either by making Gwalior, or Dholpur your base. If you make Gwalior your base - Naresar is the closest and then you get to the Bateshwar, Padhawali and Mitaoli and further to Kakanmath

Also depends on where you are coming from. If you are coming from NCR - then you can make Dholpur the base. Please PM me if you need any more information.

If you decide to stay in Dholpur - i will recommend the Raj Niwas Palace. IF in Gwalior - i was looking at the Deo Bagh hotel, which is a heritage property managed by Neemrana group of hotels (looks nice, but is super busy and you will need to plan and book in advance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Congratulations, great to see someone making the effort to see the hitherto unknown but very important monuments in the Chambal region. I have been there few years back and must say that that was one of my best trips till date. The Bateshwar group of temples along with the Mitaoli and Padavali temples have so much history attached to it that it’s very surprising that so few people know about them.

The restoration of Bateshwar is one of the most significant events in the history of the ASI. I hope the restoration continues and the good work of Mr Mohammad is taken further. Also, ASI doesn’t have shortage of funds but what I feel is that they have a shortage of intent. Very good read and super pictures. Sharing some pictures from my end, hope you don’t mind.

Keep travelling the less travelled places, all the best for your next.
Thanks. definitely agree to your sentiments. i also feel there is so much to explore in India and our govt. / ASI is not tapping into the huge tourism potential that we have. The kind of monuments and historical buildings we have are un parallelled!

Last edited by sach.sri : 3rd November 2023 at 11:55. Reason: missing information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks