Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 18:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Road Trip to Leh and Hanle in a BMW 330i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Thank you so much for the kind words! XP95 was availabe even in Leh and Kargil. But I stuck to regular 91 Octane petrol for the whole of the trip as I did not want to have an added burden of searching for 95 octane petrol. The car did perfectly fine on regular petrol.
I see.
So are there any risks or concerns to be had about fuel adulteration in Petrol pumps at these very remote areas?.. or is that a thing of the past now?

Thanks.
Old 14th November 2023, 19:00   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I see.
So are there any risks or concerns to be had about fuel adulteration in Petrol pumps at these very remote areas?.. or is that a thing of the past now?

Thanks.
With lots of quality control done by petrol companies, I don’t think we need to worry about adulteration. In fact I never thought about it.

I usually chose petrol bunks where there were many vehicles filling, under the assumption that a busy petrol bunk would have less chance of adulteration.

And I did not face any problem with power loss in the car. So it was all good.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 20:56   #48
BHPian

This is an absolute gem of a trip in a gem of a car.

For the most part a GT can do the roads (as you have shown) and this being a powerful petrol vehicle would not have faced any starting issues either.

The drive through a snow clad Zoji La is the icing on the cake for the car.

And to say that it is no 100,000 kms goes to show how reliable these vehicles are.

The Leh - Manali route can also be done in a long sedan and it is fairly ok for the most part. Just in case there is snowfall in some parts, it can get tough. You don't touch Rohtang as you cross under it via the Atal Tunnel.

The photography skills are outstanding - both of objects on planet earth and those in the far away world.

I have seen the work from last year and again this year. It is absolutely awesome.

Thanks for sharing all this with us.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 05:35   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
This is an absolute gem of a trip in a gem of a car.

The Leh - Manali route can also be done in a long sedan and it is fairly ok for the most part. Just in case there is snowfall in some parts, it can get tough. You don't touch Rohtang as you cross under it via the Atal Tunnel.
Thank you so much for the kind words and appreciation

Thank you for the update on Leh-Manali route being possible with a sedan. I would be definitely adding the Leh Manali route in my wishlist for the future.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 14:27   #50
BHPian

Amazing trip and photos! It is such a joy to watch a BMW on the Himalayas

Doing a road trip to the Himalayas is a must for all automobile lovers of India. I did this road trip first in 2019 in a humbler GT (polo TSI) and since then I've been addicted. I did it 2 times more by Versys and then this year again by Meridian.

Next time when you plan a Himalaya road trip, please call me. It's hard to find a similar minded crazy person who will plan these ultra long trips . And I also like to follow low carb diet so it will be a healthy road trip
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:35   #51

It's not every day that we see such a harmonious blend of passion for travel, photography, and a love for driving. Your BMW 330i GT seems like it was the perfect companion for the rugged terrains and the long journey. The astrophotography shots you've shared are truly mesmerizing and add a unique dimension to the travel experience. It's inspiring to see how you've turned a challenging journey into an artful adventure. I would love to do something like this in the near future. Looking forward to more such exciting tales and stunning photographs in your future expeditions!

Cheers,
Adi
astro_adi7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 12:29   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Amazing trip and photos! It is such a joy to watch a BMW on the Himalayas

Doing a road trip to the Himalayas is a must for all automobile lovers of India. I did this road trip first in 2019 in a humbler GT (polo TSI) and since then I've been addicted. I did it 2 times more by Versys and then this year again by Meridian.

Next time when you plan a Himalaya road trip, please call me. It's hard to find a similar minded crazy person who will plan these ultra long trips . And I also like to follow low carb diet so it will be a healthy road trip
Thank you so much for the kind words! It's great to know you have done this trip 4 times. Shows your passion!

And there is nothing low carb about the food I consume in these trips. I eat anything and everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro_adi7 View Post
It's not every day that we see such a harmonious blend of passion for travel, photography, and a love for driving. Your BMW 330i GT seems like it was the perfect companion for the rugged terrains and the long journey.
Thank you so much for the kind words
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 19:00   #53

A travoluge to Leh cannot get any better than this Very inspiring one and this will be a reference for all fellow drivers who are aspiring to do Umling La drive from south India.
I agree with you, photographs do not make any justice to whatever you've experienced.
Kudos to you in sticking to Intermittent fasting despite having delicious dishes and huge waiting hours.
Futhead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks