Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2023, 12:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Experience of a lifetime - The Masai Mara - A dream heaven for wildlife lovers

Lovely! Kenya is just stunning! There is no way this can be once in a lifetime...Maybe one more for the lifetime. Went there in July and still there mentally!
Sandy Damodaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 13:32   #17

Thanks for the lovely comments and detailed observation.

I have shared the tour operator details in the thread.

We did 3 nights 4 days in Masai Mara only. I feel with small kids, these many days are good enough as whole day safari is little exhaustive for them. Otherwise you can extend another day if you want as per your budget. Actually whatever day you will spend, you will feel that it is less. I have shared the details or the safari operator in the post already.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 11th December 2023 at 13:58. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 11th December 2023, 13:44   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Experience of a lifetime - The Masai Mara - A dream heaven for wildlife lovers

Wow. Lovely to see close up photos of African Safari and the wild animals in their natural habitat.

The life story of a lion..from the cutest tiny little cub clutched to his mother to a young male or female and from to a fully grown resident lioness or a ferocious lion King who leaves his pride and takes over or establish his kingdom elsewhere never fails to amaze me.
And for that matter, the most aggressive ones are the hippos though they are carnivorous

Also what kind of vehicles do they use for safari. Did you get to observe that.
SidTheChamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 13:49   #19

Thanks for liking the post. Yeah, you need 6-8 months to plan at least as you need to discuss and finalize the resort and itinerary over call and make sure everything is in place. I have shared the tour operator details in the post.
karsouvik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 14:27   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheChamp View Post
Wow. Lovely to see close up photos of African Safari and the wild animals in their natural habitat.

Also what kind of vehicles do they use for safari. Did you get to observe that.
Yeah, wildlife and their life always mesmerize me , I am not an expert but try to capture them in their natural habitat which gives me an immense pleasure.

They mainly use modified 4X4 Land Cruiser and considering the terrain , I feel any other vehicle can't withstand the abuse
karsouvik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 16:22   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

A lovely thread by @Souvik, a nature enthusuast. The images depicting the famously known wildlife are addictive. We could have many bhpians landing there at Masai Mara National Reserve for a safari and possibly a teambhp meet over there, when many congregate. Its now on my wishlist for sure.

A safari to Kruger National Park, South Africa, can be planned and clubbed with the Kenyan outing but there are riders. Logically, both are in the same continent. But the Nairobi to Johannesburg road distance is around 4000 kms. A flight takes about 6 hours to traverse the distance. Hence, the clubbing can be ruled out in most cases.

Honestly, seeing feedbacks, Masai Mara is way ahead of Kruger owing to the ease of sighting wildlife, that are out in the open on the huge savanna stretches. Whereas, Kruger requires patience on the part of tourists owing to the abundance of vegetation it hosts.

Another very captivating thread though from 2018:-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...fe-heaven.html (Masai Mara - A magical week in wildlife heaven)

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 11th December 2023 at 16:31.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 16:41   #22
BHPian

Wonderful thread on Mara. Amazing pictures with superb writing.
This has been long on the wishlist. Not sure when it will materialize.
Did you not try to combine Amboseli with this trip? That is another great place esp with Mt. Kilmajaro in the backdrop for some amazing pictures.

What was the approx costs for the duration of your trip?
ramnath_77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 17:15   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnath_77 View Post
Wonderful thread on Mara. Amazing pictures with superb writing.
This has been long on the wishlist. Not sure when it will materialize.
Did you not try to combine Amboseli with this trip? That is another great place esp with Mt. Kilmajaro in the backdrop for some amazing pictures.

What was the approx costs for the duration of your trip?
Thanks for the nice word. You can club Amboseli, Lake Naivasha for sure if you have time and can customise accordingly. But we planned to visit Tanzania also and dont have much holidays(you know how difficult to get leaves ).
Old 11th December 2023, 19:22   #24

How much was the cost per person for the 3 nights 4 days package at Masai Mara.
Not including flights that is..
Old 11th December 2023, 19:59   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by purav_prv View Post
How much was the cost per person for the 3 nights 4 days package at Masai Mara.
Not including flights that is..
It depends at what time you are going and what kind of resorts you are choosing, we went on October, just after Migration got over and choose luxury tented stay in Zebra Plain Mara Camp. For 3 of us(I , my wife and 7yrs old kid) it costs around $2400 (excluding flight from India and Visa).
karsouvik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 00:44   #26
BHPian

What a treat to the eyes. Really crisp details and amazing photography. Maybe one day I too get a chance to visit.
Sahil00090 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 06:11   #27

Wonderful writeup and amazing pictures. I was at the Kruger couple of months back. I am planning a post now. Motivated!
M@y@vi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 14:05   #28
BHPian

Amazing pictures and the lion cubs in particular looked so great. They certainly change so much and become ferocious growing up much like us- Homo sapiens sapiens.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 08:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsouvik View Post

So with this I am ending our journey in Masai Mara, Kenya. I would say it is quite unique and once in a lifetime experience. The African savanna is totally different compare to the Indian forests which I have visited so far. And the people, their culture and the Masai tribe and their stories, just so heart warming and touching. I hope you all will enjoy this lengthy photolog, Asante!!!!
Wow! such an incredible post with the stunning photographs. And I was just browsing on this Masai Mara on Youtube last night. I am glad I found your thread. So happy to see this. I just cant take my eyes off these photos.

Cheers
Shiva
shiv4747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 16:21   #30
BHPian

For what it's worth, Kenya is set to end visa requirements to all visitors starting January 2024 as part of the country's drive to embrace globalization and drive socio-economic development.

All travelers will only need to obtain electronic travel authorisation prior to their travel.

Link to news article is here.
arnieshwartz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks