Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2023, 13:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh

Great travelogue and excellent photos. What was the feedback from the rear seat passengers. While short listing a new SUV for me, I did test drive of Scorpio N and found the body roll being on the higher side, did you feel the same. What were the reasons for you to pick Scorpio N.
Kkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 14:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa!lor View Post
Amazing travelogue with good pictures and what a timely post as I am planning a trip to Jaisalmer and Jodhpur in February, I am very confused with hotels as all the homestays and hotels near to fort do not have parking or access with car, looking at Sky plaza at Jaisalmer as mentioned in your travelogue.
Regarding Sam sand dunes I am very confused which one to go with as I am planning 2 nights stay at Sam, I need clean and comfortable tents. Lot of reviews regarding camps are worrying and not very inspiring so it's a difficult task to find good, genuine camp site.
For Jodhpur I would highly recommend Rohetgarh. It’s about an hour away from the main city but a very peaceful place and very beautiful. Excellent staff and location and ambience.

https://www.houseofrohet.com/rohet-garh.html

Tents are always an adventurous proposition so I wouldn’t comment on that since I’m very old school so I’d say stay at a good fort hotel. Have heard good things about Mohangarh. Almost every hotel will have a Sam dunes safari/ guided tour if that’s your scene.

https://www.welcomheritagehotels.in/...mohangarh-fort

And also when you’re in Jodhpur ask for a trip to Osian - they have some pretty decent sand dunes too, if you’re just wanting to spend a few hours. Not as awesome as Sam but if it’s just a tick mark you can do it in Jodhpur itself. And then go further towards Jaipur where a very quirky glamping hotel ‘Teela’ has just come up.
Evyas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 14:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
For Jodhpur I would highly recommend Rohetgarh. It’s about an hour away from the main city but a very peaceful place and very beautiful. Excellent staff and location and ambience.

https://www.houseofrohet.com/rohet-garh.html

Tents are always an adventurous proposition so I wouldn’t comment on that since I’m very old school so I’d say stay at a good fort hotel. Have heard good things about Mohangarh. Almost every hotel will have a Sam dunes safari/ guided tour if that’s your scene.

https://www.welcomheritagehotels.in/...mohangarh-fort

And also when you’re in Jodhpur ask for a trip to Osian - they have some pretty decent sand dunes too, if you’re just wanting to spend a few hours. Not as awesome as Sam but if it’s just a tick mark you can do it in Jodhpur itself. And then go further towards Jaipur where a very quirky glamping hotel ‘Teela’ has just come up.
These are some pics from Rohetgarh. From a couple of years ago but it is Feb. So it’s a great time to go to Rajasthan
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1582.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1571.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1541.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1533.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1521.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1491.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1487.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1464.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1199.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Diaries | Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Desh-img_1123.jpeg  

Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 15:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernafied View Post
Excellent pics and detailed write-up. Just curious about your average speed on makkhan roads of Rajasthan Since mileage is on lower side, was expecting around 15Kmpl.
Thanks. I believe I was averaging 65+ all throughout. Plus the car was fully loaded hence FE of 13.XX is not bad actually. Mine is 4x4 so I guess 4x2 variant will be giving slightly more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviKBobba View Post
Rajasthan is having few of the best & well maintained forts in India
I feel very bad on the condition of forts in Maharashtra. Thanks to the Brits who managed to destroy everything. But then also not a single government has bothered to maintain whatever is left of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenerPlanet View Post
Nice travelogue.
Congratulations on your new ScorpioN.
This is a Ravanhatta. Named after Ravan
Thanks. That's some wonderful knowledge gain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa!lor View Post
I am very confused with hotels as all the homestays and hotels near to fort do not have parking or access with car, looking at Sky plaza at Jaisalmer as mentioned in your travelogue.
Regarding Sam sand dunes I am very confused which one to go with as I am planning 2 nights stay at Sam, I need clean and comfortable tents.
My reason behind selecting Sky Plaza was its proximity on main road, plus parking availability and ease of access on getting out of Jaisalmer. I was anyways using it just for sleeping as I had an early departure again next morning. The area around fort is full of narrow lanes hence most hotels there lack sufficient and safe parking. Also autos are easily available, don't bother taking your car anywhere.

For Sam Dunes, majority of the resorts are similar. All similar layout. Check out luxury level tents if there are any as I did see few of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkumar View Post
Great travelogue and excellent photos. What was the feedback from the rear seat passengers. While short listing a new SUV for me, I did test drive of Scorpio N and found the body roll being on the higher side, did you feel the same. What were the reasons for you to pick Scorpio N.
Thanks. The only other vehicles which I have driven is Tata Hexa and the old Innova. So based on my limited knowledge of SUVs the body roll is very well contained in the Scorpio N. I was comfortably doing corners at 80-90 without any drama. With regards to rear passengers, no complains. With seat reclined and plenty of legroom both the passengers were at ease all throughout.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks