Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2024, 01:51   #16
BHPian

Re: 24 Hours in Dubai : Things to do during a layover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I just paid the extra for the ticket upgrade. Not a single dime more. Everything else is taken care by Emirates Airlines.

Ofcourse, I paid for the SUV city tour cost which was my personal tour.
got it!
If I have a 12 hour layover in Dubai, how much time does it take to leave the airport, and how much time to be right back before my flight takes off?
Old 1st January 2024, 09:46   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaustbreather View Post
got it!
If I have a 12 hour layover in Dubai, how much time does it take to leave the airport, and how much time to be right back before my flight takes off?
Hope the layover is during the day. If you land at night for a 12-hour layover, then it's as good as wasted.

Sample Timings :

1. Deplane and Walk to Dubai Connect which is a bit of a walk- 1 Hour

2. Transit Visa- 30 Mins to 3 hours (Some people waited for 3 hours as well)

They don't stamp your passport. They hand it over and you just walk out of the airport (eye-scan).

3. Assuming you arrange for a pick-up or organize the tour after you step out to the main terminal. It will take you 1-2 hours to organize the tour.

4. Actual tour- 3 Hours, there is hardly anything you can do in 3-hours

5. You need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight.

IMO, 12-hour layover is not a good idea. Try for 22 hour layover.

P.S : Check in Baggage comes directly to your final destination.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 14:26   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaustbreather View Post
I have two questions to ask.
1) Are you an Indian passport holder?
2) Emirates ticket- which class?

Indian passport holder here, I often take connecting flights via Dubai, I want to see Dubai during the layover period too. I wonder if I have to take a visa(which type?). If it's an overnight layover, can I stay at my relative's rather than a hotel.
If you have a valid US Visa (Tourist/Business/H1B), UK Resident Permit, EU Resident Permit, you can get an on-arrival visa valid for 14 days for 100AED (Rs.~2300) which is cheaper than getting a separate UAE visa. This is not limited only to Emirates flyers. So if you want to do a short Dubai/Abu Dhabi trip you can do so using this facility.
dawnthegreat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 15:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:

IMO, 12-hour layover is not a good idea. Try for 22 hour layover.
On the website it says that Duabi Connect is only possible if the shortest possible layover is selected and is greater than 10hrs (or 6 for business). How is it possible to select a longer layover?
Old 3rd January 2024, 22:55   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
On the website it says that Duabi Connect is only possible if the shortest possible layover is selected and is greater than 10hrs (or 6 for business). How is it possible to select a longer layover?
From where to where are you trying to book?

For Seattle-Dubai-Delhi or vice-versa, the longest layover is 22 hours. I simply chose that and after booking the flight, spoke to the Airlines for the voucher.

On second thoughts, I think a confirmation voucher was given to me at Delhi Airport itself. Then another voucher was given at Dubai Connect in Dubai.

Just need to show the boarding pass, voucher at the hotel for room and free meals.
Old 4th January 2024, 09:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
From where to where are you trying to book?

For Seattle-Dubai-Delhi or vice-versa, the longest layover is 22 hours. I simply chose that and after booking the flight, spoke to the Airlines for the voucher.

On second thoughts, I think a confirmation voucher was given to me at Delhi Airport itself. Then another voucher was given at Dubai Connect in Dubai.

Just need to show the boarding pass, voucher at the hotel for room and free meals.

Planning from BLR to DFW. They have 3, 6, 10 and 22 HR layovers. So since shorter options are available will they still honor the Connect option? Meaning you had shorter layover choices but they still offered it.
Old 7th January 2024, 13:21   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Planning from BLR to DFW. They have 3, 6, 10 and 22 HR layovers. So since shorter options are available will they still honor the Connect option? Meaning you had shorter layover choices but they still offered it.
I doubt that as the last time I checked, the Emirates local office refused. The rules are 6+ hours for Business/ First and 8 + for Premium Economy/ Economy. Do update what they tell you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks