Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 17:22   #1

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna

One of our 2023 bests is a drive to Coastal Karnataka on our new Verna. We embarked on a mesmerizing road trip from Bangalore that took us through mountains, forests, beaches, temples, and many more. Join us as we recount the highlights of the trip and the best of Verna 2023. The trip has proved, very easily, that there cannot be any regrets with the decision to buy a new Verna. Stay tuned to know why!!

Let me start by sharing a few pictures of my red beauty

Day 1: Dharmastala via Sakleshpur

We started on the chilly morning of 21st December. Had a breakfast stop at our usual place 'Sambrama'. The drive slowly started getting exciting as we gradually started ascending the winding roads of Sakleshpura. My turbo 1.5 DCT has no issues whatsoever to revv and to accelerate to my liking. Overtaking is now a breeze. Hyundai has really upped its game. Upgrading from Grand i10 and WR-V, my natural speed of taking turns with confidence has for sure increased.

After a couple of stops at Sakleshpura, we headed straight to Dharmastala. It was again a sheer pleasure driving in the ghats and meandering through the curves of the western ghats. The under-construction roads near Dharmastala have covered the red beauty with a thick blanket of dust. Got a thorough wash at Aananda Wellness Resort, Dharmastala.

Day 2, Udupi:

The first stop was at a beautiful blue flag beach at Padubidri. Got a good chance to take some good pictures of the Verna with the sea in the backdrop. The Blue Link Tech and Ventilated seats came in as a boon here. The temperature hit 30 C at around 11 AM and the car was parked under the sun. Glad we were able to remotely turn on the engine and the AC well before we reached the car. No more sitting in the oven. The cool air hitting your back is such a relief. We then headed to Udupi temple and then to our stay in Kudru Island. The evening was another chance to take good videos of the car with sea and backwaters in the backdrop. This time with the drone.

Day 3, Murudeshwar:

We went on an early morning boat ride through Mangroves near Kodi. We then headed to Murudeshwar via beautiful Maravanthe beach. ADAS came in very handy here. I set the car on lane control and dynamic cruise control giving me a small opportunity to enjoy the beach views. Please note that ADAS is just a driver-assisting technology and should not be used as a self-driving one in any case.

Day 4 and 5: Honnavara & Gokarna, a heaven by the beach:
Our next stop was at a beautiful place called Honnara. Sunrise boating here is a must. The entire drive to Gokarna from Murudeshwar is scenic. You get to cross a lot of bridges lined up by vast expanses of coconut trees. At Gokarna, we stayed at a beach side property on Om beach called Namaste Cafe. It was all about the treks, sunrise and sunsets. Luckily it was also almost a full moon day.

Day 6: Jog Falls:

We set our journey on the iconic Jog Falls. The scenic route unveiled breathtaking views, and the falls, a masterpiece of nature, left us spellbound. The rainbow at the center of the falls added to the beauty. We stayed at a beautiful homestay called Hill View Homestay. I met another moto enthusiast and traveller here. He was so mesmerized by the looks of the new Verna. "Kya sexy hai yaar car, bilkul fururistic lag raha hai". Where else can I be after listening to this :P, cloud nine!!

Day 7: Highway Drive back Home:

It took us roughly 7 hours from Jog falls to Electronic City in Bangalore.

As we did this long drive back home, I cannot but just praise the sheer comfort and pleasure of driving this machine. Its a perfect cruiser, a perfect adrenaline rush propeller, has minimal body roll, handles great at high speed, is high on tech, and is feature-rich....what else can I ask for?!!
Attached Thumbnails
1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231222_111705.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231221_133534.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231222_111725.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231223_122857.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231223_124115.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231223_072328.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231223_164212.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231224_073138.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231224_093129.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231225_180620.jpg  

1-week Coastal Karnataka Odyssey in my new Verna-20231226_070606.jpg