Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2024, 17:59   #1
BHPian

Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT

Background:
Hello BHPians,
Finally I got time to pen my wonderful Rajasthan Trip and share it with this Family. So, the actual plan was to take this trip in January but due to some work-related commitments had to postpone this plan and in fact I went to Manali in February for which the Travelogue is still pending. But finally, everything came in order and the plan for Rajasthan was ON and it happened.
Also, I would take this opportunity to share with you guys that I have ventured into Travel Vlogging and started my YouTube channel named “Expedition Wheelshttps://www.youtube.com/@ExpeditionWheels . A passion project I had been wanting to start since last 6-7 years, or I would say ever since I returned from USA. But couldn’t do it due to many factors. But finally, I thought a lot about it and got started. Even though it becomes a nightmare for me to manage things between Business, You Tube, Editing, Kids, Family etc but when I pack my stuff there is a big grim on my face. And I plan to take this channel to great heights. So, it’s just a starting point as of now and I am learning to manage things accordingly and I believe one day I’ll conquer the style to deal with everything. LOL

The Plan:
This was going to be a solo trip, so first of all I got my Car checked at the Honda ASS and everything turned out to be perfect. The plan was to drop my better half and Junior at my In-laws (that was my BAIL PAPERS to go on the trip alone) and stay in Gurgaon with one of my cousin.

The Ride:
And the ride for this trip was my Honda Amaze CVT – Diesel which I bought last year. And the Amaze performed brilliantly through out the trip and that CVT gearbox is just “Awesome”.

Preparation:
Now this part has changed a lot after I started my You Tube channel. Earlier the preparation used to be like: did we pack enough clothes, junior’s stuff, getting the car checked, stocking up snacks and other tit – bits to munch, do we have enough cash etc but know it’s like:
1- Laptop – tick
2- DSLR – tick
3- GoPro – tick
4- Both Cell phones – tick
5- Oh, wait are both the batteries charged for the Gopro – tick
6- Gorilla tripod – tick
7- GoPro Mount – tick
8- Mobile Holder – tick
9- Cell phone cables – tick
10- Oh, wait where is my cable to charge GoPro in the car – I just bought it. Honey did you see it? I can’t find it.
She – Which cable? You have like 100 cables.
Me – One with the cloth skin on it.
She – What cloth skin??
Me – Leave it, I’ll find it. And after struggling 10-15 mins, I realized – Oh it’s in the back pocket of the passenger seat.
11- Vlogging gear bag – tick
12- Tripod stand – tick
13- Memory card – tick
14- Oh wait, did I empty all my cards. – tick
15- Sunglasses oh they are in the other car, get them – tick
Then as soon you get in the car:
1. Adjust mobile on the mobile holder
2. Attach the GoPro
3. Check the dashcam
4. Connect their wires for charging
5. Oh – hell I didn’t check the view from the GoPro. Check and adjust the overview from GoPro using the mobile.
Just a small change, right!

Trip Itinerary:
Day 1: Moradabad – Delhi – Gurgaon
Day 2: Gurgaon to Jaipur
Day 3: Jaipur
Day 4: Jaipur to Udaipur
Day 5: Udaipur
Day 6: Udaipur – Chittorgarh – Gurgaon
Day 7: Gurgaon – Moradabad

Day 1: Moradabad - Gurgaon
Next day of Holi we (my wife, son and myself) left from Moradabad as per our plan. I had enough diesel and the plan was to fill up from Delhi or Gurgaon next day when I leave for Jaipur. Drive from Moradabad to Delhi is simply a breeze now, thanks to the 6-lane highway (NH-24). It took us around 2.3 hours approx to reach Delhi and another 1.3 hours to reach Dwarka from Sarai Kale Khan as I had to drop my better half and junior at my in-laws. So, after dropping them at Dwarka and having a nice tea I left for Gurgaon and called the day off.
Kms Covered – 252 KMS
Toll Paid - Rs. 420

Day 2: Gurgaon – Jaipur
Next day I woke up filled with excitement and joy. Took a quick shower, got ready packed my stuff, had my breakfast and headed to the nearest petrol pump. Got my tank filled and instructed the operator to stop at auto cut. And within 10 mins I was on the southern peripheral road and then onto the Gurgaon – Sohna road. After driving for almost 15-20 mins I was onto the Delhi Mumbai Expressway and took a quick shot as soon as I saw this board for my thumbnail. LOL
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1502.jpg

Once you are on the DME/NE-4 you just put your foot the accelerator and put your car on cruise. I went to Jaipur few months back and at that time there were bumps or undulations at couple of places. But this time the experience was amazing and after driving for a while I reached the toll. The toll gate looks huge from far and has more than sufficient lanes. And after crossing 4 or 5 rest areas from the toll you get McDonalds at the rest area. So I took a quick stop and grabbed a cold coffee and left
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-tbhp.jpg

With the flowers in the middle of the road overall ambience feels really nice. I mean you are cruising at 120 km/hr and you don’t have to worry about motorcycles, animals and as a matter of fact even people crossing the road. You just enjoy the beautiful and colourful highway till Dausa, Unitl you take the exit for Jaipur. And the damage to your fastag account while exiting the DME at Dausa toll is Rs. 415 ONLY.

AMBER FORT:
Ticket: Rs. 102/-
Parking: Rs.50/-
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1591.jpg
I reached Jaipur by 2:30 PM and decided to go directly to the Magnificent Amber Fort. Perched majestically on a hilltop, Amber Fort also known as Amer Fort, is a UNESCO World Heritage site that serves as a testament to the grandeur of Rajasthan’s royal legacy. Built in the 16th century by Raja Man Singh I, the fort is a stunning blend of Hindu and Mughal architectural styles, showcasing intricate marble and red sandstone craftsmanship.
You have 2 ways to reach the fort.
1. You can park your vehicle in the parking and walk upwards to the fort which is not advisable if you are visiting during the day time as it gets really hot. But if you can make early morning than you can take an elephant ride all the way up to the palace.
2. You can drive all the way to the fort and park your car at the parking on top and the route for private vehicles is like 100 meters ahead of the public parking. So I choose to drive.

Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-3.jpg
As I entered the fort through the imposing Suraj Pol (Sun Gate), I was immediately struck by the grandeur of its palaces, courtyards, and gardens. Each element seemed to tell a story of Rajasthan’s rich cultural heritage and the opulence of its rulers.

Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1566.jpg
Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace): A dazzling hall adorned with thousands of intricately placed mirrors, reflecting the flicker of candlelight to create a mesmerizing effect. It's said that this palace was designed to mimic a starry night sky, offering a glimpse into the luxurious lifestyle of the royals.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-5.jpg
Ganesh Pol (Ganesh Gate): An ornately decorated gateway adorned with vibrant frescoes and intricate lattice work, dedicated to the Hindu deity Lord Ganesh. The craftsmanship and attention to detail in every corner of the gate were truly remarkable.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-4.jpg
Diwan-i-Khas (Hall of Private Audience): A majestic hall where the kings held private meetings and audiences with dignitaries. The hall's elegant columns and beautifully carved marble screens spoke volumes about the royal court's sophistication and grandeur.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1569.jpg
Mughal Garden:
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1545.jpg
Saffron Garden:
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1571.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1564.jpg

JAIGARH FORT
Ticket + Parking: Rs. 250
After exploring the Amber Fort I drove to Jaigarh Fort which is around 6-7 kms from Amber Fort and it took me around 15-20 mins to reach there. This fort is still in the possession of the Royal family of Jaipur and they have their own security at the fort.
Perched high on the rugged hills of the Aravalli Range, Jaigarh Fort stands as a formidable sentinel overlooking the Pink City of Jaipur. Built in the early 18th century by Maharaja Jai Singh II, this imposing fortress served as a stronghold for the Kachwaha Rajput rulers and played a crucial role in defending the region against enemy invasions.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-6.jpg
As I ascended the fort's winding pathways, I couldn't help but marvel at the sheer scale and strength of its fortifications. The massive walls, built of thick red sandstone, stretched for miles around the hill, creating an impregnable barrier against potential attackers. It's no wonder that Jaigarh Fort is often referred to as the "Fort of Victory," a testament to its military prowess and strategic significance
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-7.jpg
Jaivana Cannon:One of the most iconic features of the fort is the Jaivana Cannon, the world's largest cannon on wheels. Crafted in the 18th century, this colossal artillery piece is a marvel of engineering and stands as a symbol of Jaigarh Fort's military might. The cannon's sheer size and historical significance left me in awe of the ingenuity of the craftsmen of that era.
The weight of this cannon is 250 ton and it required 100 kg gunpowder to shoot one cannon ball which alone was 50 kgs in weight. This cannon has only been fired once in it’s entire lifetime and that was for testing purpose only. The guy who fired this cannon used a 100 meter “batti” and jumped in the water pond behind this cannon but couldn’t survive due to the sheer power and noise of this cannon. And the cannon ball that was fired from this cannon fell 35 kms away from this very location.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1605.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1596.jpg
This is the cannon ball used for the Jaivana Cannon.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-8.jpg
And these were the bombs used in that era like time bomb, rocket bomb etc.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-9.jpg
From the ramparts of Jaigarh Fort, I was treated to panoramic views of the surrounding landscape, including the picturesque Maota Lake and the sprawling cityscape of Jaipur.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1613.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1610.jpg

NAHARGARH FORT
Ticket – Rs. 52
Parking – Rs. 50
Finally after spending some time at the Jaigarh Fort I left for Nahargarh Fort which is around 5-6 kms and it took me about 10-15 mins as I stopped in between to take few shots.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1639.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1637.jpg
Now the good part is that Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort and Nahargarh Fort are all nearby and you don't have to travel a lot to cover all these in a single day. . And if you plan to visit Jaipur plan in a way that you reach Nahargarh fort at last, in the evening so that you can enjoy the amazing sunset.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1640.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1644.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1675.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1674.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1656.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1660.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1663.jpg
At Nahargarh fort you can enjoy RFajasthani food at the "PADAO RESTAURANT" and visit the Jaipur Wax Museum as well.

You can watch the full video for DAY 1 in Jaipur here:
Attached Thumbnails
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1653.jpg  

Last edited by Singh09 : 4th May 2024 at 23:19.
Singh09 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 17:20   #2
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Amaze CVT.

DAY 3
I took my own sweet time on day 3 to get out of the house, as I had a very hectic and tiring day a day before. I had already covered like 3 forts on my first day so I decided to start my day by visiting the Patrika Gate as it was very near to where I was staying. So, after getting ready and a good heavy breakfast I left for Patrika gate which was situated at Jawahar Circle. There is no entry ticket for Patrika gate and no parking charges as well.
1. PATRIKA GATE
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1706.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1723.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1724.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1709.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1717.jpg

2. CITY PALACE
After spending like 20-25 minutes at the Patrika Gate I left for City Palace and my google maps decided to take me on a treacherous trip. I had almost reached my destination and I could see city palace was like 1.5 kms away only, but the gps took me to an interior road of some colony. I asked a gentleman if I was on a right track or not and if not how can I get back. The NOT so gentleman guided me to a road where i could barely drive my car and even a two wheeler couldn't pass me.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-11.jpg
Exactly, this is just a glimpse of the ordeal I went through, Wait until you watch the entire video.
And I couldn't turn back as there was too much crowd behind me. GHOSH suddenly the fun drive turned into a NIGHTMARE. But finally after struggling for about 20 mins and with the help of another GOOD gentleman I made it to the City Palace.
Ticket - Rs. 308
Parking - Rs. 100
The good part is that once you park your car at the City Palace parking you can easily walk to Hawa-Mahal, Jantar Mantar and the local market.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-12.jpg
This is the gate from where come in after taking the ticket. And this area is called "Baggi Khana".
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-13.jpg
As I wandered through the intricately designed gates and opulent halls, it felt like stepping back in time to an era of royal splendor. The Palace Museum, with its impressive collection of artifacts and royal paraphernalia, offered a glimpse into the lives of Jaipur's erstwhile rulers.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-14.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-16.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1738.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1736.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1739.jpg
This is the biggest silver vessel in the world and is called “Gangajali” made after melting 14000 silver coins. The weight of this vessel is 345 kg and it’s capacity is 2000 Litres. Two of these vessels were made to carry Ganga Jal with Maharaja Madho Singh II for his visit to London in 1902 to attend the coronation of Prince Edward VII.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-18.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-17.jpg
Mubarak Mahal
Which is turned into a textile gallery.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1761.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1772.jpg
Most of the halls, galleries and museums in the City Palace have restricted photography so couldn't capture that.

3. JANTAR MANTAR
So once I was done with City Palace I went to Jantar Mantar as it is located right in front of the exit gate of City Palace. It took me ages to get the ticket for Jantar Mantar and I was sweating like anything.
Ticket: Rs. 52
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-19.jpg
So the meaning of Jantra Mantra is "JANTRA" means yantra/equipment and "MANTRA" means ganit/calculation. Basically this place was an astronomical observatory built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II in the early 18th century. As we marveled at the colossal sundials and astronomical instruments, it was fascinating to learn about the advanced scientific knowledge possessed by the ancient astronomers of Jaipur. The precision with which these instruments were constructed is a testament to the ingenuity of their creators.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-20.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-21.jpg
This is the SUN DIAL. Basically if you add 31 minutes to the time shown on this dial as per the sun's angle you get current time of Jaipur City.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-22.jpg
My favourite was the Rashi Yantra which was used to calculate the horoscope of the royal family at that time. They had like 12 of these for each horoscope sign.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-23.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1830.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1831.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1832.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1836.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1775.jpg  

Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1774.jpg  

Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1803.jpg  

Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1791.jpg  

Last edited by Singh09 : 3rd May 2024 at 12:51.
Singh09 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 19:34   #3
BHPian

By the time I was done with Jantar Mantar time was almost 3:30 PM and my energy levels were almost drained due to the hot weather. So I picked my car from the parking and went to Hawa Mahal, clicked few pictures and decided to come back in the night when the lights would be ON. After clicking some pics I went straight away to a Cafe had my lunch and went back to where I was staying.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1854.jpg
It looked so tempting.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1861.jpg
Came back around 9-9:30 PM and visited the Hawa Mahal and Albert Hall Museum. If you plan to visit Jaipur then you definitely need to make it here in night as well. You won't regret your decision.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1880.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1877.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1890.jpg
You can watch the full video for DAY 2 in Jaipur here:

DAY 4
Jaipur to Udaipur.
Kms Covered: 419 KMS
Toll Paid: Rs. 605/-
I planned to leave Jaipur in the early hours but got bit late. By time I left it was already 10:00 AM but I didn’t get much traffic and within 10-15 minutes I was out of Jaipur where I filled up my tank at the Indian Oil Pump.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-24.jpg
The route I took was NH48 from Jaipur > Kishangarh > Nasirabad > Bhilwara > Udaipur. The well-maintained highways offered a smooth and scenic drive, with occasional glimpses of rural life passing by. As I cruised along, the vast expanse of the countryside unfolded before me, punctuated by quaint villages and rolling hills, painting a vivid picture of Rajasthan's rustic charm.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1906.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1908.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1912.jpg
But I would like to share one thing that if you are planning to take this route than you better stock up your favourite food with you because once you cross Kishangarh Toll you will see a lot of food joints on your left BUT once you cross that you have no food joints (Big chains like McDonalds, Dominos, Haldiram, Barista etc) you got nothing of that sort till Udaipur. So, you better grab that coffee or burger of yours from that point.
Rest the road condition is amazing and you just have to hit that gas and keep cruising listening to your favourite track. But at some points you need to be careful of the cattle’s crossing the road but besides that no issues and you can maintain good speed.
Stopped by the police at one of the tolls. I guess udaipur was around 50-70 kms from here. Just a routine check up I guess. They checked the car, asked me where I am coming from, where am I going? etc.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-25.jpg
So I reached Udaipur by 4:15 PM and I decided to go to Sajjangarh palace a.k.a Monsoon Palace rather than going to my hotel as I wanted to capture the Sunset and as you can enter the palace only by 5:00 PM, so I decided to go there and get the tickets and get the entry done before 5.
SAJJANGARH / MONSOON PALACE
Ticket+Parking: Rs. 466/-
So by the time I reached the ticket counter at the entry point and took my ticket it was already 5:50 PM.
This is the entry point to Sajjangarh Biological park and Palace.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-26.jpg
The palace is almost a 15 mins drive from this entry gate.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-27.jpg
The road is narrow, just enough for 2 cars to pass and it has steep incline with almost 7-10 hairpin bends. What more a bhpian and a travel vlogger can ask, right?
You can spot the Monsoon palace on the hill top.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-28.jpg
First glimpse of the Sajjangarh Palace
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1959.jpg
They also have a cafe here at the Sajjangarh Palace and I tried their garlic bread with cold coffee and I would say it is worth trying if you are visiting the Palace.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1956.jpg
There is not much to see in the palace. It is just that you get great views of Udaipur city including the Lake Pichola and Fateh Sagar Lake. Now I will let the pictures take the floor:
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1929.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1963.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1965.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1966.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1968.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1977.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1979.jpg
Glimpse of the sunset while I was going back from the Sajjangarh palace.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-31.jpg
After exploring the Sajjangarh Palace, I ventured towards Fateh Sagar Lake, where I indulged in the tranquil ambiance of the setting sun. The shimmering waters of the lake mirrored the hues of the sky as I immersed myself in the serenity of the moment. A gentle breeze danced through the air carrying with it a sense of tranquility. It was a perfect evening, filled with the beauty of nature and the soothing embrace of the surroundings.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-32.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_1992.jpg

That's the vibe at Fateh Sagar lake in the evening.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-33.jpg
Called the day off after I reached my hotel.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-34.jpg

You can watch the full video for DAY 3 (Drive from Jaipur to Udaipur. Sajjangarh Palace & Fateh Sagar Lake) here:

Last edited by Singh09 : 3rd May 2024 at 18:15.
Singh09 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 18:26   #4
BHPian

DAY 4
Embarking on a day of discovery in Udaipur, I eagerly set out to explore the majestic City Palace, a living testament to the city's rich heritage and royal legacy. As I stepped into its grand courtyards and ornate chambers, I was transported back in time to an era of opulence and grandeur. Each intricate detail, from the intricate carvings to the vibrant frescoes, spoke volumes of the palace's storied past and the craftsmanship of its artisans.
Ticket: Rs. 450/-
Parking: Rs. 350/-
Entry gate of City Palace if you are going by your car and after you the cross the ticket counter.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-36.jpg
City Palace back side facing Lake Pichola
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2021.jpg
Taj Lake Palace. Also you can see the Monsoon palace in the back on the hill top.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2029.jpg
Majestic City Palace.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-37.jpg
Toran Polgate. Entry to City Palace is through this gate.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-41.jpg
See those nails on the door. The historical fact behind putting these nails on the doors were that in case any enemy attacks on the palace than in that case these nails used to stop the elephants from hitting the doors. Earlier those nails were on the full door but once the palace was open for public half of them were taken down keeping in mind the safety of tourists.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-38.jpg
Maharana Pratap's body Armor
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2061.jpg
Statue of Maharana's horse "CHETAK" with the armor
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2063.jpg
Weapons Maharana Pratap use to carry at the time of battle.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2069.jpg
This Ganeshji's Idol is 400 years old situated in "Ganesh Deodi" Hallway
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-40.jpg
This is Lakhu Kund. This kund (Basin) has been carved from one single stone. And the historical fact behind this kund is that: Whenever a new Maharana used to take oath, this kund used to be filled with 1,00,000 silver coins and out of that one-fourth, that means 25,000 coins used to be thrown at the "aam janta" by the Maharana which they used to "loot" and the remaining 75,000 coins were used for charity and other religious purposes.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2110.jpg
This courtyard is on the fourth floor of the palace. As you can see that there are big trees in this courtyard. But the interesting fact is that there was no mud or soil brought and put here to grow these trees, than how come these trees grew here?
Well the historical fact behind this is: that this particular courtyard has been built on a hill top and has no room or hall under this part. And the roots of these trees are going through that very hill top. Also, the architects had built a swimming pool for the Maharana on this hill top. So this shows the capability and creativity of the architects of that era. Without damaging the hill top they made the courtyard and the swimming pool.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2119.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2122.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2125.jpg
This hall is located right by this courtyard and as you can see that there is a big “kund” in the middle of the hall. So, the Maharana used to play Holi here with his rani hence this was one of their entertainment halls. Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2141.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2129.jpg
This chair holds a fascinating history dating back to December 12, 1911, when King George V and Queen Mary of Britain visited India and organized a durbar in Delhi. All the reigning princes of India were invited to attend, with a special chair allocated to each ruler based on their status. However, Maharana Fateh Singh of Mewar chose not to attend the durbar, defying the directive, as he would have had to bow down before the King and Queen. This decision stemmed from the famous saying in Mewar: "हम सर कटा सकते हैं पर झुका नहीं सकते", meaning "We can sacrifice everything but cannot bow down." Upon learning of the Maharana's brave stance, the King was greatly impressed, and as a token of appreciation, the chair was sent to Maharana Fateh Singh
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2135.jpg
Sheesh Mahal
This is the Sheesh Mahal and this entire room is made of glass, may it be the ceiling, floor or the walls. And this was the bedroom of Maharana at that time.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2158.jpg
VANI VILAS
This room once served as a library, adorned with a portrait of the esteemed writer, Kaviraj Shamaldas. Renowned for his literary contributions, He penned the comprehensive history of Mewar while seated in this very room. His book, titled "VIR VINOD," chronicles the rich heritage of the region. Copies of this esteemed work are available for purchase at the palace's bookstore for the price of Rs. 4000
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2171.jpg
View of Lake Pichola from the Palace.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2176.jpg
In this room the Maharana used to enjoy their "Hookah" and play "shatranj" on the board seen in the picture.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2192.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2190.jpg
This courtyard is called the "Deewan-i-khas": served as a space for intimate gatherings and confidential meetings with esteemed dignitaries.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2208.jpg
Maharana used to sit in this dome and watch the activities, programs or talk to his dignitaries.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2201.jpg
This statue of Sun can be found in SUK NIWAS made of gold. Since all the Maharana's were Suryavanshithey used to start their day by worshipping the SUN GOD but in monsoon's when there was no sun they used to visit this place and take the blessings of "Surya Devta"
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2211.jpg
BHOPAL VILAS
This chamber, known as "Bhopal Vilas," served as a waiting area for female guests visiting the palace to meet with the queen. The elegant chandelier adorning the room was imported from Birmingham, England, while the exquisite fan was brought from Italy.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2236.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2237.jpg
You will get to see a lot of damaged "murti's" in this palace kept in a single hall. Though this palace was never attacked, so all these idols have been brought here from other forts and temples like Kumbalgarh Fort, Chittorgarh Fort etc.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-43.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2273.jpg
Your's truly posing with the majestic ride of that ERA.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2290.jpg

You can watch the entire in detailed video of the City Palace here:

Last edited by Singh09 : 4th May 2024 at 13:05.
Singh09 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 15:15   #5
BHPian

DAY 4 - PART 2
It took me almost 3 - 3 and a half hours to explore the entire City Palace. It was too crowded being a weekend. A small piece of advice - If you are planning a trip to Udaipur try avoiding weekends as you gonna end up getting stuck wherever you go. And for the very same reason I decided to go somewhere less crowded and I headed towards the Badi Lake and BAHUBALI HILLS. Both these places are least explored.
Badi Lake is almost 12 kms from City Palace and it took me around 30 mins to reach the location.
Enroute to Badi Lake. Clicked a picture at Lake Pichola
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2329.jpg
Narrow and zigzag roads leading us to the Badi Lake
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-44.jpg
First view of Badi Lake
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-45.jpg
Amaze posing at the Badi Lake.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-gopr0407.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2347.jpg
BahuBali Hills Site
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2348.jpg
For those who appreciate nature, a trip to Bahubali Hills comes highly recommended. Reached by a road journey followed by a brief hike, this spot provides a peaceful getaway. It's best to bring your own vehicle as there are few public transportation choices available.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-46.jpg
The trek route to the top is narrow and has pointed stones and on top of that at places it is too inclined. I was wearing sneakers and could feel each and every stone. So sports shoes are highly recommended. I am not a trekking fan so did take 2 stops in between.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-48.jpg
Now I'll let the pictures do all the talk:
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2350.jpg
Views were literally amazing
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2352.jpg
Camera can't do justice compared to what you see with naked eyes
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2354.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2359.jpg
Jaiiiii Mahishmatiii
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2360.jpg
While Mr. Bahubali may have been on the hunt for the elusive blue butterfly, I stopped my heart and reminded it that I am married and should STOP right here otherwise the Rajmata sitting back in Delhi is gonna order my court marshal. So my quest was for adventure, and surprisingly, I found much more than I bargained for. Bahubali Hills in Udaipur boast a stunning vista of Badi Lake and the Aravalli range, offering a tranquil 360° panoramic view. I started me descend after spending some time here. But the views will be even better if you visit this place during or after monsoon season.
Took some more pictures by the Badi Lake while going back to the city.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2386.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2389.jpg
I got late reaching this point. I had planned to capture the sunset from here but the traffic was horrible but still took some pictures before calling it a day off.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2399.jpg

You can watch the full video here:

DAY 5
Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Gurgaon
Kms Covered: 730 KMS
Toll Paid: Rs. 1110/-
Today was the last day of my Rajasthan adventure, the end of my whirlwind tour through the Land of Kings. As I bid farewell to Udaipur and embarked on the road back to Gurgaon, a lingering sense of reluctance hung in the air. Four days of non-stop exploration had left me exhilarated yet exhausted, and the prospect of hitting the highway only added that grim on my face. But amidst the fatigue and the longing for home, a spark of curiosity ignited within me—a desire to seize one final adventure before bidding adieu to Rajasthan. And so, with a spontaneous burst of enthusiasm, I decided to veer off course and make my way to Chittorgarh Fort.
So I packed all my stuff including all the gadgets, took a quick shower and then my breakfast. Cleared all the bills at hotel and left for Chittorgarh which was around 116 kms with 2 hours of drive time.
So right after I left the hotel I got the tank filled up and hit the NH 27 which lead straight to Chittorgarh. With no stops in between I reached Chittorgarh around 11:00 AM and headed straight to the Chittorgarh Fort.
Chittorgarh Fort on top
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-49.jpg
You cross through I guess 5-7 gates like these to reach the Fort
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-50.jpg
Tower of Victory "Vijaya Stambha"
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-51.jpg
The actual Fort or the Palace is all damaged and only ruins remain now.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-52.jpg
This is the "JOHAR STHAL". Earlier there used to be a 40-50 foot deep pit here where all the ladies did Johar when this fort was attacked to protect their self respect.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-54.jpg
This fort was attacked 27 times and it won 24 battles and lost 3 battles.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-53.jpg
SAMADHISVARA TEMPLE
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-55.jpg
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-56.jpg
GAUMUKH KUND
This fort had 84 such water bodies and this kund has natural water. And it is a mystery till today how and where does the water in this kund comes from.
Earlier the Queens used to come here for bathing through the underground tunnels from their chambers.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-57.jpg
Jain Temple and Jain Tower
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-58.jpg
AMAZE bidding good bye to the Majestic Chittorgarh Fort and its amazing history.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-59.jpg
Finally after spending almost 2 hours at the fort I started my journey back to Gurgaon and the distance left was 590 KMS.
The route that I took was according to the Google Maps as below:
NH 27 -> NH 52 -> NH 148D -> NH 552 -> NE 4 (Delhi - Mumbai - Expressway)
Overall road conditions were great except when the Sawai Madhopur Road as it is 2 lane and there are lot of undulations and the tarmac at many places has melted or deform which makes your car go left/right. And one more thing I noted is the presence of cattle's on this road besides that you won't have any problems.
Finally NE4 - Delhi Mumbai Expressway
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-60.jpg
Amazing feeling on amazing expressway
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-img_2505.jpg
Total kilometers that I covered on this trip and the overall mileage attained.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-61.jpg
You can watch the full video here covering the Chittorgarh Fort and the road updates:

Thank you all for joining me on this journey, and I'm excited to announce that the next adventure is already in the works. As I've delved deeper into travel vlogging, expect more captivating travelogues to come your way. Your support means the world to me, and I welcome both praise and constructive criticism from this esteemed community. Growth in any endeavor takes time, and I'm setting small, achievable targets to propel myself forward. Currently, my primary goal is to reach 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours, and I'm thrilled to share that we're already at 323 and 1800 watch hours. With your help, I'm confident I can reach this milestone swiftly. Please consider subscribing to the channel, liking, commenting on the videos, and hitting the notification bell to stay updated on future releases. Thank you for being part of this journey.

Last edited by Singh09 : 4th May 2024 at 23:20.
Singh09 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 05:22   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 11:07   #7
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT

Amber fort and your visit to Jaipur reminded me of my school tour when I was in 8th or 9th standard, though Jaipur is my home city so I have covered everything in the city, by the way in January I also did a road trip from Jaipur to Udaipur in Swift 1.3 Diesel, through the Golden Quadilateral Highway ( NH - 48 ) which connects the all mega cities of india ( Delhi-Mumbai-Chennai-Kolkata ), if some one doing Jaipur to Udaipur via Kishangarh can also visit the Dumping Yard of Kishangarh ( Recommended ), which is also known as mini Switzerland.

Attaching some photos of the same-
1st Photo - Kishangarh Dumping Yard, which we did by our Amaze 1.5 iDtec 2014 ( in 2022 )
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-screenshot_2024050510385374_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

2nd Photo - Reached Udaipur
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-screenshot_2024050510394533_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

3rd Photo - Inside the Jungles of Bahubali Hills, Udaipur
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-screenshot_2024050510421051_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

4th Photo - The original picture point of Badi Lake
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-screenshot_2024050510402085_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

5th Photo - Met a crazy Swiss family who came to India by road all the way from Switzerland in their Volkswagen Crafter van, with their pet dog, its been 3 years since they started from Switzerland and still travelling, people are really crazy, wishing them happy and safe journey.
Rajasthan Trip: Exploring Jaipur and Udaipur in my Honda Amaze CVT-screenshot_2024050510403911_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Your travelogue reminded me of my trip but I couldn't write my journey here. I have a lot to write but summerised by these photos.

Thanks for visiting Rajasthan
Vikash

Note from Mod: Added the images in-line within the post. Do see this thread for how to do this yourself.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th May 2024 at 09:16. Reason: Adding the pictures in-line. Do see the Mod Note at the end of the post.
Vikash Kumawat is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks