Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle failing in the forest is the worst nightmare. I had my share when my Elantra was just 1 yr and 10 K km old. It was in Chinnar wildlife santuary on the way back from Munnar with my wife and 5 yr son. Stopped the vehicle at the checkpost and it simply refused to start. It was cranking but the engine refused to come to life. We got in touch with Hyundai and came to know the nearest shop is in Salem and it is next to impossible to get some one come there since it was a holiday. We discussed about the option (there weren't any) and by then it was around 30mts and I turned the key again. That was one among the sweetest sound to hear the engine coming back to life. Drove non stop to Bangalore, the problem had never appeared again and Hyundai guys could not find anything wrong.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Vehicle failing in the forest is the worst nightmare. I had my share when my Elantra was just 1 yr and 10 K km old. It was in Chinnar wildlife santuary on the way back from Munnar with my wife and 5 yr son. Stopped the vehicle at the checkpost and it simply refused to start. It was cranking but the engine refused to come to life. We got in touch with Hyundai and came to know the nearest shop is in Salem and it is next to impossible to get some one come there since it was a holiday. We discussed about the option (there weren't any) and by then it was around 30mts and I turned the key again. That was one among the sweetest sound to hear the engine coming back to life. Drove non stop to Bangalore, the problem had never appeared again and Hyundai guys could not find anything wrong.
Gadadhar, sometimes things happen for which we don't have any answers , most of the time when something like this happens i belive that it is a supernatural intervention and it is something for the good. Belive me i have experienced this more than a couple of times and it has always been for the good. Cheers

Last edited by Majic : 23rd September 2009 at 13:40. Reason: Incomplete sentance
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Gadadhar, sometimes things happen for which we don't have any answers , most of the time when something like this happens i belive that it is a supernatural intervention and it is something for the good. Belive me i have experienced this more than a couple of times and it has always been for the good. Cheers
I will also agree to you Magic, at times there are things beyond our comprehension. Takign all in the + ve sense is also a good view.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post

Somethings similar happened with me also , while coming down kalahatty once in the night about 2230 hrs i realized that i am unable to engage or disengage gears, th clutch felt normal but gear changing could not be done. this is well past the 12th hairpin. I had my family on board, i did not tell them but my very observant wife did see the sweat breaking out and somehow i managed to get the car down safely, Drove straight to the resort and let the engine cool , next day morning one crank and a couple of pumps on the clutch later the vehicle was back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I'm posting this with a couple of weeks delay, thanks to Abhi who's been reminding me on how many trip-reports I have pending to be posted here.

I have to wake up early next morning for the jungle trek. We started late as guide from the nearby village took sometime. I was introduced to Selavaraj who is my trek guide. I was the only person interested going to jungle trek on that day. We started at about 8.15 in the morning and within 10-15 minutes we were inside the Nilgiris forest on the other side of the road from our resort. Selvaraj was trying to tell me that he had a news that Tigre has passed thru this area at around 4 in the morning and he is trying to find the trail. We were walking parallel to the path which looked like some trail, Selvaraj told me that this is the path tiger normally takes and we are walking few meters away from that path to see if we can find that tiger on his trail!!!!!!

All in all, it was a fun filled trip with some adventures on and off the road
good trip and good report , i found this part hilarious , considering the fact that 95% of the time the wildlife is afraid of us than the other way round . The rest of the times they are just being defensive about their kids or territories.

Last edited by hellstar : 23rd September 2009 at 16:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks