Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 16:53   #1

Kakkabe(Coorg) Trip

Hi Guys,

As promised I am filling in the details of my Coorg(Kakkabe) trip.

Started from Blore at 5 am on Friday(9 nov 07). Had filled almost full tank (31 litres) from the Shell Bommanahalli the day before.Between i got my WagonR only on wednesday so that saved the need for any servicing .We took the Hunsur-Virajpet route and were in Palace Estate Kakkabe by 10:30 am.The road condition was good for most of the route except maybe some 10-15 kms bad stretch here and there.

Since we had already covered the regular Coorg tourist places in two of our previous visits this time the agenda was clear.. a relaxed weekend and thats what we got.......Must say the stay at Palace Estate was awesome and we thoroughly enjoyed the place. They have a private waterfalls of sort amidst their coffee estate. The fact that there was just me and wifey to enjoy the cool breeze and the lovely waterfall made the same doubly entertaining..

So we enjoyed at the water fall, visited Nalnad Palace, Walked around coffee estate and before we knew it, the day was over... Not to forget the yummy food served.

The next day we went trekking and climbed the Thadiyadamol peak(1700 mt).An experience in itself... I felt the climb up was easier than the one down coz one had to be extremely careful on the trek down..one wrong foot and the trek would be over in 5 mins . Anyways the two lazy bones that we are, we completed the up and down trek in like 5 hrs.

Came back to the resort... If my feet could speak they would have screamed expletives...Took a hot bath had another sumptous lunch and took nap for a while.Got up another walk around the plantations... and lo we were ready for dinner.The highlights of the trip were the coorgi food (pork curry, kadumputtu.....), the lovely weather the chilling cold that sets in with sun set and oh so lovely rooms....

The next day morning we started at 7 reached Mysore by 9.30 and went to some of our favourite places in Mysore (Between i have stayed in Mysore for some time.. so this was basically a nostalgia trip) like the Green leaf restaurant,couple of temples we frequented while in Mysore and then the journey back...

All in all had a lovely time,yummy food,beautiful weather and to top it all my wagonR gave me a mileage fo 17+. I had to just add another 5 litres of petrol (that too for a guarantee sake at Bidadi).

Can some one tell me how to put pics in the post?

Between can some one give me the exact route from Bangalore to Chennai? Planning on doing the same next week for official purpose.But knowing me it is likely to be another break.... .

Thanks
Kibi
kibi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2007, 17:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice short trip. Photos would be welcome.

Quote:
Can some one tell me how to put pics in the post?
Check TBHP FAQ.
Old 13th November 2007, 17:49   #3
BHPian

why this report in Introduce yourself section?

mods can you move this thread to right section...
Old 13th November 2007, 17:59   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
why this report in Introduce yourself section?

mods can you move this thread to right section...
Moved to Travelogues. Thank you.
Old 13th November 2007, 18:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice report, Kakkabe is indeed a wonderful place. Im really dying to go back, its been a while.

How come no mention of leeches

TBhpian NIP also has some good pics of the area and some off roading adventures.
Old 13th November 2007, 18:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice Account Kibi, Pls go through the FAQs to update photos,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibi View Post
Between can some one give me the exact route from Bangalore to Chennai? Planning on doing the same next week for official purpose.But knowing me it is likely to be another break.... .
Looks like you stay in bangalore South, then the best way to Chennai would be:
Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri (take left on NH46) - Vaniyambadi - Vellore - Walajahpet - Kanchipuram - Ponnamallee - Chennai

You should do this in 4 hours in the morning with a 20min breakfast break...

Abhi
Old 14th November 2007, 09:00   #7

Souljah: Lucky us we never got any leech botes but there were a gang of guys withs us who got some

Abhi: Does this Chennai route touch Porur? Condition on the road??
Old 14th November 2007, 19:51   #8
BHPian

Kibi,

AFAIK, there are 2 routes to chennai.. one is thru Krishnagiri, which is mostly a 4 lane highway..

Another is thru Old madras road -> kolar -> ranipet (I think this is shorter, and the road was decent when I went last year)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks