Old 14th February 2008, 00:44   #16
BHPian

Hi,

Go through the Hosur-salem-CBE-left pollachi-palani-Kodaikanal

this is not the shortest route but the roads are good and you can make up time
Old 24th March 2009, 13:43   #17
BHPian

is this route good to reach Kodaikanal?

Just found this new route to Kodaikanal. Had any body did this already?

Bangalore - Hosur - Denkanikota - Anchetti - pennagaram - Donnakuttahalli - perumbalai - mechcheri- Nangavalli - Idappadi - Bhavani - Perundurai - chennimalai - Kangayam - Dharapuram - Palani - Kodaikanal

I did used this route twice to reach Hoggenakkal. Then last 10 kms before Hoggenakkal was too bad. Not sure of the conditions now.

@Distinguished HVKumar saheb - any idea about this route?
Old 24th March 2009, 14:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Bangalore - Hosur - Denkanikota - Anchetti - pennagaram - Donnakuttahalli - perumbalai - mechcheri- Nangavalli - Idappadi - Bhavani - Perundurai - chennimalai - Kangayam - Dharapuram - Palani - Kodaikanal
This route is already explored by csentil and he reported that although very scenic but may not be fast.

I have personally did till Denkanikota and found it very good but I may not advice this route for a longer route to Kodai more so since the 4 laning is done at the Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri stretch. bangalore - Thoppur will be very fast in 4 lanes.

Abhi
Old 24th March 2009, 14:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
This route is already explored by csentil and he reported that although very scenic but may not be fast.

I have personally did till Denkanikota and found it very good but I may not advice this route for a longer route to Kodai more so since the 4 laning is done at the Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri stretch. bangalore - Thoppur will be very fast in 4 lanes.

Abhi
Yes Abhi, you are right. I have used this route to reach Hoggenakkal. Its very scenic. Never thought that this route can be used to reach Mechcheri.

BTW, do you have the link for csentil's report on this route? Just want to read about that route.
Old 24th March 2009, 14:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Yes Abhi, you are right. I have used this route to reach Hoggenakkal. Its very scenic. Never thought that this route can be used to reach Mechcheri.

BTW, do you have the link for csentil's report on this route? Just want to read about that route.
Somewhere in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ip-update.html

Abhi
Old 24th March 2009, 15:43   #21
BHPian

you may also refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...al-munnar.html for the latest updates.
Old 24th March 2009, 21:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

My best pick to reach KodaiKanal from Bangalore is:

BANGALORE - HOSUR - KRISHNAGIRI - DHARMAPURI - THOPPUR - METTUR - BHAVANI - PERUNDURAI - KANGEYAM - DHARAPURAM - PALANI - KODAIKANAL = should be around 460km.

Roads around Anchetti - Hogenkanal when I travelled 8 months back was bad. Road between Hosur - rayakotta (watch out for speed brakers) - palakkodu - thoppur is also good in case if someone wants to save 20km and 4 lane of hosur - krishnagiri - dharmapuri - thoppur.

Ravi.
Old 25th March 2009, 07:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
My best pick to reach KodaiKanal from Bangalore is:

BANGALORE - HOSUR - KRISHNAGIRI - DHARMAPURI - THOPPUR - METTUR - BHAVANI - PERUNDURAI - KANGEYAM - DHARAPURAM - PALANI - KODAIKANAL = should be around 460km.
I agree with Ravi. It is better to avoid NH7 till Dindigul till the 4 laning work gets over. Also route via Palani is scenic and lesser in distance. It will be pleasant to drive.

Abhi
Old 31st March 2009, 23:32   #24
BHPian

If anyone has an update available on the road conditions between Namakkal and Dindigul on NH7, kindly share the same.
Old 1st April 2009, 15:48   #25
BHPian

Thoppur to Bhavani

Guys:
Can Mecheri - Idappadi - Bhavani route be a better alternate to the mettur route?
I never travelled via Idappadi. But in the mettur route, the traffic is increased and crossing the mettur town has become a boring thing.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:52   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
But in the mettur route, the traffic is increased and crossing the mettur town has become a boring thing.
There is a bye-pass for the Mettur town. Take a left just before the dam (there is a sign board with an arrow that says Bhavani route). Take that and follow the main road. You don't have to enter Mettur town.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:25   #27
BHPian

Thanks biju. But I always take that so called bye-pass. But the town starts well before it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks