Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2008, 23:25   #1
BHPian

The Free FLO trip to kelva beach and back!!

11 odd degrees in mumbai,cant just sit at home...Felt the need to put that cold air through my baleno's K&N and put her through her paces..so wht do we do...Plan a Quick short drive.Since lonavla was done a million times,we headed in the opposite direction to Kelva.
We try and group as many as possible together and the group included
me,danlalan,nitrox,pdev,swapnil and his wife,Urja,d doctor,bhp and williboy.
The best part were the rides...None were stock...The least common thing was a free flow in all cars.
So we meet up according to IST(read as LATE) in malad..then head towards borivili to meet swapnil.Waiting for him further delays and our departure time delays to super late 9am.
finally hit the highways and fortunately the roads arent as bad as we dreaded and everyones mashing the right pedal into the carpet.So after doing some serious speeds,we decide to halt at silent hills resort for breakfast.We spot a new place called VEGAS and decide to halt there...
Park the cars get down to some SEE SAWING action,photos,high speed bragging and decide where to head.Nitrox and Pdev coaxing daman,and we werent.so we mutually decide to head to Kelva beach.
The roads enroute were awesome,very scenic and very twisty.Was fun putting every inch of the yokohamas onto the tarmac.
In the end mine, swapnils and bhp's cars ended up in a "whose mightier" battle till we reached the place with dan being faar behind in "CRUISE MODE".The road till the kelva beach resort was BAD,and my heart cried out for my yokos.Finally reached the resort.A very beautiful place and not to mention affordable as well with shacks,cottages and tents for stay.
We walk around click some more pics and head back.On the way me and BHP are already off and we get a call tht swapnils lancer has suffered a break down.We already being an hours distance away head home,while thanx to NITROX who finally manages to get the car fixed after a lot of trouble head home as well by late evening.
Overall 200+ kms of bliss and a perfect sunday drive.Here are some pics to share the experience...

1st halt at borivili

from l-r Ddoctor,williboy,Bhp and me

At the vegas hotel

The SEE SAWING action i was talking about

Grub time

The girlies havin fun..

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

At the kelva resort

Spot the similarities!!

Some more later...

Last edited by balenopower : 27th January 2008 at 23:38.
Old 28th January 2008, 13:00   #2
BHPian

It was a great trip. We all decided to meet at 7, but started late as usual. Once we all grouped we were all set to leave. There were 2 baleno's, a lancer, a ikon and a zen. The drive on the highway till our first stop was great. The first stop was at a place called Vegas. Had breakfast there and had fun on the see-saw and the round about. From there we decided to go to kelva beach. It was a smooth ride with the twisties and turns. Till we reached kelva the roads were great but once we reached kelva, there was a bad patch and a good test for the suspensions. It was worth the little bad stretch as Kelva resort was nice and then we went to the beach. At every stop would have a small photoshoot. There was a mini drag on the beach - Dan and Swapnil. Dan having a better power to weight ratio won. Well overall a great drive. Will post my share of pictures later.

Last edited by URJA : 28th January 2008 at 13:06.
Old 28th January 2008, 13:07   #3
BHPian

Oh i did spot the similarities..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks