Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 15:17   #1
BHPian

Another Regular Visit to Vijayawada & APTDC Punnami at Bhavani Islands

Hello,
We keep visiting Vijayawada often and this is just another such visit.

Date of Journey : 23-09-07
Mode of Transport : Kesineni A/c Semi Sleeper
Fare : Rs 150 Per Adult

This was planned just two days before i.e on 21st and i went to Vanasthalipuram Kesineni Office to book the tickets. Initially tried their Online booking which didn't work out. They were having a special promo running then till Dussehra last year to travel from Hyderabad to any major town / city within Andhra Pradesh just Rs 150 per head in an Ac Semi Sleeper.

Got the luggage packed and everything was ready by 12:00 PM and took an auto and left for Kothapet, Near DSNR, one of their boarding point. Bus was
early around 12:15 PM and left immediately as there were no more passengers getting in at this place. Bus was great except some stupid passengers who sit in reserved seats and only after the bus attendant showed them another seat(s), they vacated. Thought this was only with us but later found at Vanasthalipuram stop (final stop at Hyd), that this happens with most of the reserved seats.

The driver seems to be very much experienced and also neatly dressed in uniform. The journey was a VFM and comfortable. AC was mild but sufficient enough and also we were shown two films (DVDs) in the bus through out the journey.

Up to 50 Kms from Hyderabad, the villagers and the animals were moving as they like on the highway. Felt like

After crossing Surya pet, we were halted for a break near one mini hotel / dhaba. Took "dosa" and "chapati" as parcel and once in the bus, started eating it and it was horrible. Luckily we also took some potato chips which they are selling at double the MRP

From here on it was uneventful. Smooth ride with greenery alongside. Also saw some Shiva Temple alongside the highway (you can see the golden color one in pics). Also you can see the Hanuman temple with a very huge idol in the pics. If some one knows its names, please throw some light on it. I tried to look out for Essar Filling Station on NH towards VZA but couldn't find it. At some places we see excellent 6 lane highway which will give way to 4 lane highway.

Reached VZA by 5:15 PM and thats just 5 hours of journey and even the film ended exactly as we reached the destination. Went to my uncle's place and retired for the day after playing with the *puppy* and kids there.

Next day we planned to goto Bhavani Island and we went there. Unfortunately the water level was too high and the boating was off for the day. So we just had to be satisfied by spending time in the park in the Punnami Compound. We spent about an hour there and then came back.

Next day, we attended the ceremony and came back to Hyd by train.

Pics : Total of 49. I think most of them are self-explanatory here and doesn't need any titles. Click on the image with thumbnails below to view them as a slide show.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 31st January 2008 at 15:20.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey great report and pics too and is this road still in pristine condition as i havent travelled on this road since 2001 after my Bachelors in VZA. Boy ! during those engineering days we guys used to hit on this road from VZA to HYD quite regularly and when the roads in AP were so so .....this one was awesome that time..
Old 31st January 2008, 15:50   #3
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Hello,
We keep visiting Vijayawada often and this is just another such visit.
So we just had to be satisfied by spending time in the park in the Punnami Compound. We spent about an hour there and then came back.
A few months ago APTDC stopped naming its guest houses as 'Punnami' - apparently on orders from the CM Office. Obviously 'Punnami' in Telugu has something to do with 'Chandrudu' - [moon in Telugu] - an obvious reference to 'Chandra' Babu Naidu.

The last time I went to Bhadrachalam a month ago, I couldnt find the 'Punnami' name anywhere in the guest house.
Don't know if they have given a new name to APTDC's guest houses.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey great report. Were these pics were taken on a mobile camera?
Old 31st January 2008, 16:26   #5
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your responses

The pics are actually an extract of frames from the video taken with my Sony Camcorder. Most of the time i have captured, the bus is in motion and hence the bad quality.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 31st January 2008 at 16:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks