Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2008, 03:20   #1
BHPian

Bangalore-Tirupathi-Pondy

25-1-2008: Came home after a friends party by 11.14pm

26-1-2008: Freshen up and left for office to pick my friends. Reached office by 1am stayed there till 3.30am until all my friends finished there work. Left office by 4am stopped at the K R Puram for fuel. Took the lovely hanging bridge to Kolar. Stopped at hoskote for a smoke. Was having fun with music and smoke at hand, while going we reached KGF and then went passed Kolar on the single lane NH4. After 3kms from Woody’s Restaurant I just saw the café coffee day outlet. Stopped there for some good coffee and cakes. Spent some 4min there. Was about 5.30am. Was driving till we reached Tirumala by 9.30am in the morning. Reached the top by 10.30am,stood in the wrong queue for 2 hours and then final got the VIP tickets for a Sunday afternoon Darshan.

Came down near Tirupathi railway station and took a room, Decided to go to the Vellore golden temple but most of them were tired so decided to sleep for some time. But for some reason we over slept so got up by 4.30pm in the evening and then got ready by the 6pm and left to Vellore (Route Tirupathi-Chithoor-vellore). Reached there by 8.30pm, by the time we reached the temple was closed. So decided to have our dinner at Vellore. Finished the dinner by 10.30pm and left to Tirupathi. In the mean while stopped for some fuel and my friends notice that the right high beam was not working. Had a small jump over the road bump while on the way to Vellore. All my friends went to out of the way to fix it but of no vain. Since the filament was broken. Had to ride with my Xenon 10k lights back.

27-1-2008: Reached Tirupathi by 2am and was watching some TV till 4am and slept so that we can have enough Rest for the day. For some reason we over slept and got by 11.45am and by the time we reached the top it was 1.30pm. Three of us got over head shaved and freshened up and reached the waiting lounge by 3pm. came out by 6pm,were doing some shopping till 8.30pm and decided to have our dinner . Finished our dinner and were heading home to Bangalore. Decided to take to Vellore NH since the lights were broken.

28-1-2008: Stopped sharp by 12am since it was one of friends Birthday who was traveling with me. Gave some birthday bumps and decided to have some Tea and smokes. On the way for some reason we decided to go to pondy. Took a left from the NH went to thiruvannamalai the roads are the worst. From there smooth good roads till pondy. Reached Pondy by 6am and went straight to the beach in search of room but got a room by 7.15am , had our break fast and then slept till 4pm in evening. Woke up and got freshen up and then decided to go to the beach for some fresh air. Then by 7pm decided to go for some French drinks and beer. Went to sathsang for some booze, drank till 9.30pm and then decided to meet one of our other friends and then came to room with some traditional desi food and a cart of beers. Drank till 4am in the morning

29-1-2008: Left the room by 9am in the morning, stopped by 12.30pm for lunch in chengam (route Pondy- ginji- thiruvannamalai- chengam) after that went to Tirupattur. Then reached Hosur and then to Bangalore by 5pm in the evening .All the way back the roads were Good.

Last edited by GTO : 14th February 2008 at 13:36.
Old 9th February 2008, 10:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats good long driving experience most of the nights I guess you didn't get too tired. I had been to Tirupati by KSTDC volvo package on 23rd of Jan. Roads are good and it was nice trip.

Any photos ? And your post has html FONT tags in it, may be you need to request MOEDs to clean it out, or send them the cleaned text they will repalce it i guess thats better.

Darshan at tirumala we waited for 2 hours because of KSTDC it was easy one. We entered via VIP entrance side. Can you please let me know If we go alone and can we buy tickets go through VIP entrance? Some of old people in my family wanted to visit so i asked.

I know one ebst way although in bangalore itself we can book tickets for darshan which is very easy one I heard but we need to book 2 months in advance since few of my relative are not from bangalore they neeed to come bangalore to book tickets because at the counter here one has to give finger print and photo identity.

I am finding easy way for elders if they plan to visit tirumala. However best option I found is KSTDC very good package.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 14th February 2008, 00:00   #3
BHPian

Hi Ravi,

You can log on to ttdsevaonline.com and book for any of the seva which is an automatic entry through the VIP enterance. We paid 1000rs for the seva which includes 5 people through the vip enterance once we landed there . you can book the tickets online with the names and then you will need to go to the counter and then take up the finger print and then enter the vip line or you will need to go in advance with all the members and go the counter 3 and book the seva tickets and then go through the vip enterance.
Old 14th February 2008, 00:38   #4
BHPian

Bangalore-Tirupathi-Pondy

15-1-08: Left head light change and also change of tires from 205/60 Bridgestone g3 to Yokohoma S3 drive 205/55.

16-1-08: Planned the trip to my friend’s native in Tirupattur, decided to leave Bangalore by 5pm but couldn't go since had to burn some Cds for the ride and also do a full body wash.

Reached my friends place by 7pm. left the place, reached the Hosur road, filled in petrol at Shell, had little traffic bottle neck at chandapur for 30 minutes. Crossed the border to Tamilnadu reached Hosur by 8.15 .Had dinner at a local dabha, reached the Krishnagiri toll plaza by 9.30pm. Then turned left to Tirupattur (Chennai route), One of the best NH was driving my Swift at 120/130 all the time with loud music at the back. Reached Tirupattur by 11.15pm. Took a room, booze and settle down for some time.

17-1-08: Woke up by 7am in the morning and then went to my friends place visited there family and the temple. My friends mom suggested to visit a local mountain place called yelagiri (small ooty) called by the locals. Took some drinks and went up the hill. Settle down and drank till 4pm in the evening. Came down and went to the room, fresh n up and then went to my friends place since the pooja was going around. You could see God entering human body and other things which is there or heard in movies and books. Saw the show of crackers and the local dance. Came back to the room and ordered some food and booze. Drank till 4am watching TV. Slept and woke up by 9am

18-1-08: Started my ride to Vellore in the same NH crossing Ambur and then reaching Vellore. Touched 160 and reached the Max 180 km in my car. Reached the golden temple and visited the temple and came back by 3pm. Had our dinner at the best chettinad Non-Veg Lunch. On the way back was having a drag with a wagon r (kl 11). I Won!!

Reached Ambur by 4.30 and then decided to go for a movie there, booked the tickets for the 6.30pm show for BHEEMA (Tamil). Saw the movie. Started the return trip to Tirupattur by 10pm. reached the room, took some booze and then drank till 3am

19-1-08: Got up by 7am and got fresh n up and started the return journey to Bangalore by 8.15am and reached Bangalore by 11pm.

Mileage - 16.8 km/per litre with 3 people,

The Next one to Goa in few Days (FEB 8th) for the festival season or carnival.

Old 14th February 2008, 09:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

good travelogue viper.

some photos would help (hope you have some).

and nice schedule do-something, booze, sleep, wake & get ready, do something, booze, sleep, wake & get-ready..... you get the point, dont you! (just pulling your leg mate!)
Old 14th February 2008, 18:02   #6
BHPian

Yeah thats how u have fun and enjoy a trip !!! lol !!!
Old 15th February 2008, 11:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I had been to Tirupati by KSTDC volvo package on 23rd of Jan. Roads are good and it was nice trip.

Darshan at tirumala we waited for 2 hours because of KSTDC it was easy one. We entered via VIP entrance side. I am finding easy way for elders if they plan to visit tirumala. However best option I found is KSTDC very good package.

Regards,

Ravi.
Ravi last friday I too had been to tirupathi throught the KSTDC volvo package. Kindly excuse me couldn't reply to ur SMS.
We waited in the queue for hardly 1 hr.
I do agree with you saying "However best option I found is KSTDC very good package."

@viper316. a good brief travelog there
Old 15th February 2008, 11:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thats nice, When my relatives visited by taking kstdc volvo they also gave same good feedback. Its good service compared to other similar services.

I visited ttdsevaonline website its good we can donate money from our home tiself and book sevas we need well in advance.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th February 2008, 02:39   #9
BHPian

please do book in advanced to reduce the waiting period
Old 20th February 2008, 11:13   #10
vel

Bangalore-tirupati

Can someone tell me how long it takes to tirupati from bangalore and about the road conditions (especially after chitoor).
We are planning to drive in the weekend
Old 21st February 2008, 20:34   #11
BHPian

Hi vel,

Ride on NH 4 till 5 kms before chittoor - Nandini ( Indianoil ) Restaurant ( approx 170 km ) , take left to enter chittoor byepass, go straight at toll gate, take left on NH 18 and proceed 15 kms and take right at Puthalapattu ( rangampetta cross ). From there, tirupati is 52 kms on SH 5. If you wish to go to tirumala directly, turn left after chandragiri fort and drive past chandragiri town and turn left towards alipiri 5 km before tirupati.

Good roads throughout ( 254 kms ) except the 10 km chitoor byepass, which is rough. At 80-90km/hr, without breaks, it would take 4.5 to 5 hours.

happy riding !
Old 29th February 2008, 02:03   #12
BHPian

Hi,

The info given by roamingroa is true and you can go from BLR-TUP in 4 hours with 258kms from the city .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks