Attached Thumbnails
A day's trip to Srisailam-dsc01152.jpg  

A day's trip to Srisailam-dsc01170.jpg  

A day's trip to Srisailam-dsc01178.jpg  

A day's trip to Srisailam-dsc01181.jpg  

A day's trip to Srisailam-dsc01207.jpg  

Old 12th April 2008, 16:24   #17
BHPian

Nice pics! both SSD and NSD in one day is too much man! By the way I believe rainy season is the best time to go these places as there will be more greenery and either of the dams' gates will be open....
Old 14th April 2008, 08:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Nice pics! both SSD and NSD in one day is too much man! By the way I believe rainy season is the best time to go these places as there will be more greenery and either of the dams' gates will be open....
Yeah all that becos we lost the way. I still am not coming close to be able to select a GPS device.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:42   #19
BHPian

Wow nice trips guys. Have to visit Srisailam again. It has been nearly 10 years since I went there. Srisailam Dam is really beautiful to watch when all the crest gates are open. Best time to visit is around october by when the dams will be full of water.

Even Nagarjun Sagar with all 26 gates open (which is very rare) is reallly beautiful. You just have to sit on the broken brigde and enjoy the flow of water.
Old 28th May 2008, 00:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Wow nice trips guys. Have to visit Srisailam again. It has been nearly 10 years since I went there. Srisailam Dam is really beautiful to watch when all the crest gates are open. Best time to visit is around october by when the dams will be full of water.

Even Nagarjun Sagar with all 26 gates open (which is very rare) is reallly beautiful. You just have to sit on the broken brigde and enjoy the flow of water.
Don't have to wait till October dude, July, August are the best months to visit because of the moonsoon... In october there is very less chance that the gates of the Dam will be open.
Old 28th May 2008, 13:57   #21
BHPian

As long as the gates are open it is a place worth the visit. Also the drive is really good.
Old 19th August 2008, 14:22   #22
BHPian

One more trip to Srisailam Dam and other places....

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Hi again.... We all were on the way to Srisailam once again this Sunday. As we cudn't get accommodation due to the long weekend rush, we had to plan this trip for just one day... which was Sunday, 17th August.

Coincidentally, this trip was exactly 6 months after our first trip, which was on Feb 17th. I can safely say that the monsoon months are the best months to go on this route…..

This time, we couldn’t go all the way to Srisailam as we wanted to start back before sunset and we could reach the dam and came back frm there...

Started at 5 from my place, and by the time we picked up two of my friends and reached outskirts, it was already 7PM. The late start was due to the overnight rain, which was so heavy that most of the roads were waterlogged and we had a tough time reaching one of our friend, who ultimately came walking through a different route, got confused, got lost, then finally realized and caught up with us, which cost us more than 40 minutes. Valuable time lost…..

However, the weather was awesome and with overnight rain, the greenery was stunning to say the least........ The icing on the cake were the adventures we had...... I will continue later about that.... pics will follow....

Last edited by aah78 : 20th August 2008 at 01:52. Reason: Excessive smileys removed. Please limit to 2/post.
Old 19th August 2008, 16:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Salim: I would recommend you to start one more thread for your travelogue with pics. And only 2 smiliey's allowed per post.
Old 19th August 2008, 16:45   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Started at 5 from my place, and by the time we picked up two of my friends and reached outskirts, it was already 7PM.
Firstly, your inviting infractions. Do limit your smileys to two per post.

Also, i think you meant 7AM instead of 7PM in your post?

Do post up the pictures, that part of the state is quite dry most of the times. Let's see if it really turned to green during this monsoon.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:27   #25
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice. What i really like about the trip is the hundreds of monkeys you see en-route on the ghat section.
However, what's not so nice about that is that this is happening because people are throwing food out of cars which is attracting these animals to the road to scavenge. This poses a threat to wildlife and it is strongly recommended by forest officials that people refrain from doing so.
Old 19th August 2008, 18:05   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
However, what's not so nice about that is that this is happening because people are throwing food out of cars which is attracting these animals to the road to scavenge. This poses a threat to wildlife and it is strongly recommended by forest officials that people refrain from doing so.
Well, that could be one of the reason but not the primary one. It is a forest area and your bound to see them crossing the road et.all.

To give you an example while returning from Goa, i saw the same sight ( monkeys) on Amboli Ghat but nobody was throwing any food there and that section is not known for people throwing food too. They just happen to sit on the ghat parapet wall for the heck of it.
Old 20th August 2008, 00:55   #27
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Salim: I would recommend you to start one more thread for your travelogue with pics. And only 2 smiliey's allowed per post.
Well... since the travelogue is of the same place, I thought I'll continue in this thread as I had started this thread originally...... Do you still want me to start a new thread?

Mobike008, I'm not sure what you mean when u say, I'm "inviting infractions". Can you please throw some more light on that..... and yes... its 7AM, sorry about that.... I have to resize the pics and then I will post them....

DKG, I absolutely agree with you about people throwing food, however, I observed something more serious, that left me a little frustrated..... I will talk about that in more detail in my next post....

Last edited by aah78 : 20th August 2008 at 01:52. Reason: See note.
Old 20th August 2008, 01:55   #28
Team-BHP Support

Announcements!

Quote:
Do you still want me to start a new thread?
No, you can continue your travelogue in this thread - thats fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k
Mobike008, I'm not sure what you mean when u say, I'm "inviting infractions". Can you please throw some more light on that..... and yes... its 7AM, sorry about that.... I have to resize the pics and then I will post them....
Please read posting rules in this section: Announcements
Old 20th August 2008, 10:32   #29
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, that could be one of the reason but not the primary one.
The district forest officer incharge of the Nallamala forest specifically mentioned this problem. He wanted help with leaflets advising cars passing through to not throw food. I have on many occasions noticed plastic strewn by the roadside. Monkeys are extremely intelligent. They know that if not this car the next one will throw. I had six of them as pets consecutively to know how brilliant they are.

By the way I used to rescue them from the cruelty they were subjected to by monkey performers on the streets but stopped doing that as it still encouraged them to catch monkeys from forests and bring them into towns.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:08   #30
BHPian

The water logging at Mallepally, where I had to pick up my friend.
A day's trip to Srisailam-dsc01767.jpg

Trees lined beautifully on either side of the road and forming an arch.
A day's trip to Srisailam-dsc01780.jpg

One more beautiful view.
A day's trip to Srisailam-dsc01786.jpg

Inside the arch.
A day's trip to Srisailam-100_0386.jpg

Road viewed at the ground level.
A day's trip to Srisailam-100_0399.jpg

Road just after Dindi
A day's trip to Srisailam-dsc01818.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks