Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:53   #16
BHPian

oh yes the new place at charing cross. It is indeed difficult to find good food in ooty. The shinkows above charing cross serves decent continental and apart from that velan ritz at coonoor also serve good food.
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Junky,

Whatever you do don't take the Gudalur road to Ooty. I was forced to take it last weekend because Masinagudi (Kalhatti Ghats) route was inexplicably closed. The Gudalur road starts off with stunning curves from the Ooty side but bacomes a village track within about 10 km. Add the buses and trucks and it was a complete nightmare!
Hi,Iam planning to go to ooty tomorrow evening from bangalore,I want to take the short route only.Let me know why its closed????? I dont wanna take the longer route.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Please read latest updates in the Bangalore - Mysore -Ooty thread. There is no reason on why it would be closed.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ooty-road.html

Hey you've been asking the same question on multiple threads. :-)
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Hey you've been asking the same question on multiple threads. :-)

He just want an answer to make sure that nothing messes up his long awaited outing with his 'Beauty'/'Beast' after a long time!
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:13   #20
BHPian

yes,absolutely right happy wheels.But,now one more thing Iam afraid about the political issue about the water sharing.Today no buses are coming from tamilnadu via hosur and here they have pelted and damaged some buses near attibele....I like to know whats the situation from mysore towards ooty as my bull is KA registered.......But,I have planned to take the risk.Even then need little inputs to be on safer side.
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:13   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Happywheels, Kalhatti Ghats (Masinagudi) was closed when we tried to return from Ooty one Monday morning. I should have got down as asked why and when it will reopen etc. But then I didn't know the state of the Gudalur route!

Maybe it was roadworks, VIP/Army convoy, accident etc. Just didn't check up.

Don't worry - it usually stays open except for the night (1800 onwards).

Enjoy!
Old 3rd April 2008, 17:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
yes,absolutely right happy wheels.But,now one more thing Iam afraid about the political issue about the water sharing.Today no buses are coming from tamilnadu via hosur and here they have pelted and damaged some buses near attibele....I like to know whats the situation from mysore towards ooty as my bull is KA registered.......But,I have planned to take the risk.Even then need little inputs to be on safer side.
Srini,

A KA vehicle is safe in TN - would like to add that if you know Tamil it is all the more good. I do not think that you will have trouble going down to TN but the other way around (ie TN coming down to KA).

But would suggest you also keep a eye out today & tomorrow to see if there are any more flaring up's going on. If not, things should get calmer and safe. Just hope none of the people in power / leaders make a remark to rekindle the fire.

Itwasntme,

Thanks for the info. But our friend Srini is the person who is requested this info. :-)

Last edited by HappyWheels : 3rd April 2008 at 17:28.
Old 3rd April 2008, 17:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Do you know this for a fact, or did you just hear rumours? Just wanted to know. Yesterday there were no problems for any vehicles coming from TN?

In Mandya there is almost always a problem. So your drive to Ooty might get disrupted. Trying leaving quite early.

In TN you should typically not have a problem. But you never know. There are vested interests everywhere.
Old 3rd April 2008, 17:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
...In Mandya there is almost always a problem. So your drive to Ooty might get disrupted. Trying leaving quite early...
Sentil,
Srini is having a KA registered vehicle, so do not think it will be an issue - unless the people in Mandya resort to road blocking and such. But doing that will not trouble anyone in TN, so I guess even that wont happen.
Old 3rd April 2008, 18:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

What I meant was the road blocks that happens frequently in Mandya. I've been a victim of it and that too when it was not a Cauvery water issue !!! And during the last major problem (tribunal judgement) the road was blocked for days on end with farmers cooking on the road and all that.
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:55   #26
BHPian

thankyou happywheels & Csenthil,
basically Iam from tamilnadu and moved to bangalore 9years back.My factory is located in attibele which is close to tamilnadu.There were incidents today around 3bused were stoned and a new car from tamilnadu.Since the car dosent got a registration plate done,the car owner removed the printed sheet of tamilnadu registration and changed The TN to KA and he drove towards bangalore.I had made arrangements for some cops to visit my factory too.I suffered a lot during Rajkumar Kidnap with My Sierra being a TN registration.
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

@csenthil,
Okie, got it. It would have been a eye full, watching people 'living' out on the roads.

@Srini,
So it means that you should have nothing to worry about. KA for driving in KA and Tamil for speaking in TN! :-)
Old 4th April 2008, 00:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

@junky: The prices for a room there? Also what are the options in ooty. Planning to go there in June.
Old 4th April 2008, 11:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
@junky: The prices for a room there? Also what are the options in ooty. Planning to go there in June.
Check out couple of my posts on the same link , i have mentioned a few gud places to stay. The kluney is a little on the higher side but i believe its worth it. Google out these places and u will get the rates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks