Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2008, 16:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Visit to Chikka Tirupati

When searching for weekend spots around bangalore, I came across the travelogue by agag. After reading those, I was curious to visit the Chikka tirupati. Did some googling to get the location & direction.
So, 29th March, we decided to do the visit. Planned to start around 9am but as usual could only get on the car by 10am. Took the Whitefield, Channasandra route. Roads are with pot holes and Humps. I should say more humps than the pot holes. I dont know who planned for the height of the humps. Really bad.
Btw, I found a Family restaurant after crossing the ACC plant. But was in dilema to try anything there. Anyone tried it?
The route was really a nice one. Eventhough the sun was shining, the wind was cool. Thanks to the greeneary all along the way.
Visit to Chikka Tirupati-img_1913.jpg
When I was taking picture, I noticed that there are so many honey hive on the trees. Wondering what would happen if some birds disturb it.
We reached the temple around 11:30am. Bought the pooja materials for archana and went to the temple. The practice here was little different than the temple I have visited. Usually I have seen that we give the coconut and other Pooja items to the temple poojari. And he only breaks the coconut. But here we are suppose to do that ourselve just outside the sannidanam. So, we broke it and worshiped there first before entering the sanidanam.
Eventhough not much crowded, there was some small queue. While we were waiting in the queue, suddenly a guy came there in kakki and with a long stick. I was just seeing what he is doing. Then saw him climbing on the Hundi and hitting the hole with the stick. Oh, what is he doing. Then we came to know that someone droped some offering and it got stuck on the way. So, they are "helping" him to get the offering to the "right person".
When we are just about to get to the place to see the lord, oops, power cut. Waited for a while, and the power came back, thank god.

The dressing and flower decoration for the god was really great. The lights used inside was of Green color and it gave some special effect to the Moorthies. Darshan was done and we came out and had some rest.
While we were resting in the temple, we could see lot of Monkeys coming to us. None of them are scared of people. May be very used to. One came with her baby. Nice to see the way the baby was holding the mother. A banana was given to her and she started eating just right there.
Mum & baby [Sorry for the low reso, its from K750i]
Visit to Chikka Tirupati-img00080.jpg
Then came out and had some photo.
The Gopuram
Visit to Chikka Tirupati-img_1916.jpg
Gopuram with Koti Kambam
Name:  IMG_1917.JPG
Views: 26461
Size:  119.7 KB
On the way back, i just stopped the car and was relaxing. I saw a farmer doing his work.
Visit to Chikka Tirupati-img_1919.jpg
On seeing him for a while, I was thinking about how we guys keep complaining about one thing or other. We are gifted by god with good life but still many out there complaining about their way of life. Here is a guy who has none of what we have, but still enjoying his every moment.

Time to go home... Enjoyed the scenery a lot (except those pot holes...) and reached home near 2pm.

Route: K.R.Puram -> WhiteField -> Channasandra -> Kalkunte village - Chikka tirupati
Vehicle: Zen LXi
Total KMs: 70Kms total
Time for the visit: 4Hrs.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2008, 17:30   #2
BHPian

Neat pics dude, i've never visited triupati... looks like a great place. Thanks for posting. Love the greeneary man.
Old 29th March 2008, 18:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and explanation. I did the same on 22/03. Yes, the roads were very bad in the route you have taken. I did take same route while visiting the temple. But while coming back, I took Sarjapur Road, this road is better than the Channasandra route. On the way back, stopped in a farm and took the lunch. It was just like weekend picnic with the family. The kids and the family enjoyed this though.

For route, you could have gone thorugh the thread I had raised in route/travel query and people here have given the 3 options to reach chikka thirupathy. You could have taken either one of them. Here is the link for this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...tirupathi.html.

Anyways, hope the family enjoyed this picnic. :-)
Old 29th March 2008, 20:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

@snaronikar
Yes, I checked that thread. Infact from your thread only I got this idea of visiting this place
But since I was staying near K.R.Puram, I thought of taking the shortest route eventhough I read from your thread that sarjapur route was better.
Ya, we enjoyed the trip a lot...
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:22   #5
BHPian

yes,chikka tirupathi is a nice place and very close from my work place(attibele).
Old 3rd August 2008, 10:05   #6

chikka tirupati

Does anyone know if head tonsuring takes place in chikka tirupati temple? Will appreciate any information regarding this. Planning to visit this place tomorrow.
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yes I have seen its being done there. You can visit chikka trirupati for that too.
Old 8th December 2012, 12:56   #8
BHPian

Re: Visit to Chikka Tirupati

Guys,
Planning to visit with family (my mom, wife, bro and myself)chikka tirupati tomorrow. My route is as follows:
Yeshwanthpur - ORR - KR Puram - ITPL main road - channasandra - NH 207 - Kalkunte - chikka tirupati.
I have few queries regarding the trip:
1. At KR Puram, how do i take the ITPL main road?
2. I need to take the below route while coming back.
chikka tirupati - mugulur - kammanahalli - gunjur - varthur - marathhalli - kr puram - ORR - Yeshwantpur.
On the above route i mentioned where can i find good restaurants for lunch (pure veg) after i visit the temple ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 8th December 2012 at 13:05.
Old 8th December 2012, 13:10   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
I have few queries regarding the trip:
1. At KR Puram, how do i take the ITPL main road?
Take the ITPL road. Go past SH35 (Varthur road signal, Hoodi Junction). Keep going and you will end up at the Y Junction of NH207.

Take right here and you are on NH207 towards Chikka Tirupathi.

Route Link

Quote:
2. I need to take the below route while coming back.
chikka tirupati - mugulur - kammanahalli - gunjur - varthur - marathhalli - kr puram - ORR - Yeshwantpur.
I am told the roads are decent. I know many bikers use this roads.
At least behind the Intel building, buses ply to Gunjur.

Quote:
On the above route i mentioned where can i find good restaurants for lunch (pure veg) after i visit the temple ?
Doubtful about this. You have to find something on ORR only. Varthur road does not have many places. NH207 has none.

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,
Ramki[/quote]
Old 8th December 2012, 17:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Take the ITPL road. Go past SH35 (Varthur road signal, Hoodi Junction). Keep going and you will end up at the Y Junction of NH207.

Take right here and you are on NH207 towards Chikka Tirupathi.

Route Link

Thanks ampere.
My question was from KR Puram do i need to take the cable bridge to take the ITPL road or how what do i need to do to take ITPL road?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 8th December 2012, 17:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks ampere.
My question was from KR Puram do i need to take the cable bridge to take the ITPL road or how what do i need to do to take ITPL road?

Thanks,
Ramki
You have to take the ITPL road and not the hanging bridge. Hanging bridge would lead you towards Hoskote.
Check the route link I posted. It has the markings
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 17:37   #12
BHPian

Just one more add. Past ITPL (on your right) on this road, you will reach a major signal/junction called Hope Farm - and you need go straight towards channasandra & chikka tirupathi here. There are clear boards, so should not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You have to take the ITPL road and not the hanging bridge. Hanging bridge would lead you towards Hoskote.
Check the route link I posted. It has the markings
Old 12th December 2012, 09:09   #13
BHPian

Thanks ampere and nssrini. I just completed my trip to Chikka Tirupati last Sunday.
Few updated regarding the road:
After i took the ITPL road from ORR coming from Yeshwantpur, the road condition deteriorated with few potholes and traffic till i came to a dead end. I took a right at this junction and continued to Kalkunte to visit the temple. Had nice darshan at the temple and proceeded to chikka tirupati and voila! there we were with a huge crowd at the temple premises due to many marriages at the temple. Crawled through the crowds and parked my car next to the temple and found out that the queque for the temple darshan was not much. Had a nice darshan and came out. Have to mention that these temples do not have any place for washing our legs and hands which they should have taken care of.
While coming back we took the mugulur-Kammanahalli(mud road with stones)-Gunjur-Marathhalli- ORR-Yeshwantpur route. Had nice lunch at Shanti sagar at Marathalli and reached home at around 4 pm.
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Happy and Safe journey. Ride safe.

cheers,
Ramki
Old 12th December 2012, 09:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While coming back we took the mugulur-Kammanahalli(mud road with stones)-Gunjur-Marathhalli- ORR-Yeshwantpur route.
Sorry, missed the previous question.

Btw, next time if possible, try the Carmelaram route to join the Sarjapur road and then to ORR. I know it is longer, but will be worth it. The route is full of greens and shades. just fyi.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Sorry, missed the previous question.

Btw, next time if possible, try the Carmelaram route to join the Sarjapur road and then to ORR. I know it is longer, but will be worth it. The route is full of greens and shades. just fyi.
OH thanks mjothi. But i needed to take the ORR to KR Puram to reach Yeshwantpur. Taking Carmelaram route to join Sarjapur road - ORR and then reach Marathhalli would be too long.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks