Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 02:12   #691
BANNED

This thread is interesting indeed. Subscribing so that I can read rest of it tomorrow. Quite late now. Was fun to read till now..
Old 27th July 2010, 12:16   #692
BHPian

Sam Bhai,

This is Sami here. Even I am called as Sam by my friends. I love all your travelogues and make it a point to read them. So a few days back, just clicked on your profile and searched the threads started by you and was fortunate to find this gem of a TL. Have been reading it since the past 3-4 days and it was a pleasure. Thanks to you and Jenny Bhabhi for sharing your most beautiful and initmate moments with all of us. You guys are an inspiration to all of us. God bless both of you.
Cheers, Sami
Old 16th September 2010, 03:45   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I "Are you guys marrying?"
We are now married
Old 16th September 2010, 06:17   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post

The toilet episode was hillareous (spelling??). I remember the first time when I was forced to use the western toilet. I couldn't evacuate fully till I sat in the customary position of an Indian toilet on top of the seat.

Didn't understand what I mean? :-) Perhaps those who understood can draw a graphic of it. I am very poor with drawings.
now we have to see a graphic of this?
Old 7th October 2010, 23:58   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
We sit on the balcony for a while in silence. Goodbye Neemrana. Tomorrow we will drive to Delhi and fly to Mumbai.
Well I haven't finished reading the entire thread yet. But I do have some stories to tell about Neemrana. So I decided to ramble quoting the last post about Neemrana as reference.

I have probably been there about 10 or 12 times in my life (not that it's been much, 17 years). And all in all I have probably stayed in 8 different rooms, all of which were part of the original old wing. The new wing was made sometime this decade (if you are wondering, it's the one right next to the swimming pool). But moving on... The photos of the fort at night brought back some fond memories as my fathers best friend celebrated his marriage there and 90% of the fort was booked by him (and yes, the party was at night).

The owners that you mentioned are Aman Nath and a French guy called Francis who's second name I don't remember. (I know it's not relevant, but just in case someone wanted to know.) They have a lot of other properties all across India. I have been to 4 of them. It's known as the Neemrana group of hotels.

Ah yes now the step well. Been inside it? It's deathly dark, crumbling and downright creepy. The photo's that you have are of one side. My dear father and 2 of his friends (one of them was/is German, incidentally) were adventurous enough to go 5 floors in and CROSS over to the other side by walking on those crumbling little platforms that you see around the edge of the well at every floor. Now on the other side there is a winding staircase which had about 10,000 bats and zero light.
Although what I tell you is from the year 1996. Don't know what it's like now.

Now for all the people from Delhi, who have read the posts about Neemrana and are thinking, 'wow, what a great place for some fresh air and that too just a short drive blah blah'. Don't even think about it (actually think about it, but minus the fresh/clean air part). The last time I checked (March) the area around the fort was so industrialised and (mildly) polluted that I could not believe my eyes. Previous to that I had been to the fort 4 or 5 years ago and you could see the fort right from the highway, now you can only see sheds. I was quite saddened cause it kind of had become my favorite place for a quick weekend break. Now it doesn't seem like you even left Delhi or Gurgaon as it is pretty much inhabited all along the way.

Also I have to say once again to Sam sir that you have a great writing style! (Once again cause I already said so on a few other threads of yours over the past few days!) As does TheOne.

Cheers
Old 12th December 2010, 23:30   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.

Brilliant stuff. Read in one sitting from start to end andthen realised there are about 10 more pages of comments, probably guys like me going totally ga-ga over the writing skills of TheCouple(R). God bless you both.

I am going to troll all of Sam's threads demanding they be moved to the "best threads" section. This is even better because of Jenny's co-authoring.

BTW, I have ben mouthing that MBA buzzword "synergy" for almost the last 15 years but never till today have I seen a more beautiful example of it in action. Your relationship and the shared experiences really bring this collaborative blog to life. I hope we meet up someday and can share some experiences like this!
Old 9th February 2011, 18:07   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
BTW, I have ben mouthing that MBA buzzword "synergy" for almost the last 15 years but never till today have I seen a more beautiful example of it in action. Your relationship and the shared experiences really bring this collaborative blog to life. I hope we meet up someday and can share some experiences like this!
Thank you for those incredibly kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.
Old 4th October 2011, 16:33   #698
Senior - BHPian

Sam, your blogs are really addictive! You have amazing writing skills, Dil Se!

Someday I hope, you will write your own book and I am sure it will be a best seller and even famous like the Malgudi days!

This might be the only travelogue that I covered going page by page, post by post over the last 3 days (ofcourse it was not continuous, I am not that slow ). I know its 3 years since you have written the blog, and it feels kind of weird to bump it now, but what the hell, need to praise this!

PS: in here, on page 31 you mentioned about some unfortunate incident, and then on page 33, there was the epilogue. So I guess, you might have deleted/edited the post or something.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 20:16   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post

PS: in here, on page 31 you mentioned about some unfortunate incident, and then on page 33, there was the epilogue. So I guess, you might have deleted/edited the post or something.
Hiya Ravan,

Yes there was some editing done by the mods to make this blog more family friendly. lol.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 15:09   #700
BHPian

Well, Sam and TheOne

I feel that if one gets to read this lovely travelogue filled with fun, emotions and tears does not end up commenting on it is the biggest crime.

I for sure do not want to commit the crime and here comes my big Thanks for bringing the uniquness of our lovable mother land in this blog.

Greate narration.
Old 5th April 2012, 15:48   #701
BHPian

Sam and TheOne,

No wonder this travelogue got the maximum number of views and replies. I am sure people bookmark this blog and keep reading them to understand how a relationship should be.

I really felt like being with you guys through out the trip.

Fantabulous awesomatic narration.
Old 6th April 2012, 04:23   #702
BHPian

Phew, what a blog, I regret missing this over the last 3 years as I was intermittently visiting the team-bhp site.

This is an incredibly written romantic blog that I can recollect the memories of those unforgettable moments in my past. The entire day today @ office was spent on this blog and no regrets for that.

Thank you Sam and Jenny for sharing your experience and feelings.
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:01   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Now there is a result!!
Jenny, looks like all the hours spent here were worth it after all!
Yes it is. Yes it is.

And now here's a message from our sponsors about what the YetiLife® is all about.
  • Love your partners and enjoy life with them.

Bring passion in your life, a life without passion is dull. Love, sex, laughter, madness and even sorrow and tensions are an essential part of life. Enjoy them all. Repeatedly.
  • Go do what you want to do without caring what people will think.
    Nobody really has time to think about what you did. Those who do think about it, will forget in a few days. You will be left with the experience of a lifetime. Go on, do it.

Think of the craziest thing you wanted to do. No matter how crazy. Alone, or with a loved one. DO IT! PM me if you want advice or help, I will help you any way I can.
  • Take time out to be with your family. We all need money to live and jobs and tensions and we all have dreams. Put them all aside and go and live with your partner and family.

Nothing happens. Your office doesn't stop functioning, if you're really good at what you do, you won't get fired, if you get fired and you're really good at what you do, you'll get a new job, - your business may suffer for a few days, you may lose a few rupees, it doesn't matter.
  • The world functioned very well without cellphones and email. People took decisions in the absence of their seniors and they were often the right ones. Don't take that instinct away from your juniors. Let go.
  • Arrey, someday you'll die and STILL nothing will happen, the world will function wonderfully without you. A few people will remember you, then forget you. Your partner will remember you often - at least GIVE him/her something fun to remember you by!!

Let the world function for a few days without you NOW, while you're still living!!! Go and live, enjoy, take as many holidays as you can with your partner/wife/gf/kids, before some unforeseen circumstances don't permit you to enjoy life anymore. It has happened and will happen to the best amongst us. Dying is not in your hands, but at least living is!
Hey, at least you'll know you LIVED before you died.

The first slumber that I came out was waking up to TBHP since the last 6 months or so even though been a member for long and the second one must say has been from the very words of yours truly. Truly subscribe to every letter of it since me and my wifi (BTW just shared the blog with her and she just loved it - to be exact every pic of it as a true shutterbug) get our highs wandering around and yes these two quotes for me sum up your words aptly-

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page"
- Saint Augustine

“Make voyages! Attempt them… there’s nothing else.”
- Tennessee Williams

Long live YetiLife® and all that it signifies! Cheers!

Just a curious question whats up with you guys these days. Any new YetiHoliday® coming up?

Last edited by girishglg : 23rd April 2012 at 14:03.
Old 4th June 2012, 20:12   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamizha View Post

Fantabulous awesomatic narration.
Thank you. Humbling to see this thread still alive. I must read it again someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
The entire day today @ office was spent on this blog and no regrets for that.

Thank you Sam and Jenny for sharing your experience and feelings.
And thank you for enjoying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
“Make voyages! Attempt them… there’s nothing else.”
- Tennessee Williams

Long live YetiLife® and all that it signifies! Cheers!

Just a curious question whats up with you guys these days. Any new YetiHoliday® coming up?
I love that. Make voyages indeed.

When did we ever stop girish?

Thanks guys.
Old 24th September 2012, 16:18   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
quote=Sam Kapasi

Thank you. Humbling to see this thread still alive. I must read it again someday.

And thank you for enjoying them.

I love that. Make voyages indeed.

When did we ever stop girish?

Man this is one of the most cherished replies till date from the one and only YETI!

A tribute to the greatest traveller and story teller of our times!

Last edited by girishglg : 24th September 2012 at 16:37. Reason: Mods please keep this thread alive for the spirit of Sam!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks