Team-BHP - Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/39284-bangalore-hogenakkal-falls-back-1-day-trip-3.html)

Hi Roy,

May be you are right, I never tried the first route, but did three trips through Denkanikottai.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu

I did my visit to this place today. So, just an update to the route and distance.
1. Bangalore - Hosur - Rayakottai - Palakodu - Penagaram - Hoggenakkal - 170Kms
2. Bangalore - Attebelle - Mathigiri - Denkanikottai - Anchetty - Hoggenakkal - 130Kms. (Unless you are equipped with off-road capabilities dont try this :))

Is the 2nd route that bad? What vehicle did you drive? A travelogue on that route would be good with details of the bad patches !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 833530)
Is the 2nd route that bad? What vehicle did you drive? A travelogue on that route would be good with details of the bad patches !!

Till Thenkanikottai roads are good. After that the Ghat section. Its drivable, except some patches and hair pins. But after you cross the, I guess, Nattrampalayam, there are no roads in that forest that crosses and reaches Hogenekkal almost for 10-12Kms. Infact after Anchetti roads are bad.

I could not post the full details yesturday since I was dead tired after the visit. Will post the travelogue soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 833640)
Till Thenkanikottai roads are good. After that the Ghat section. Its drivable, except some patches and hair pins. But after you cross the, I guess, Nattrampalayam, there are no roads in that forest that crosses and reaches Hogenekkal almost for 10-12Kms. Infact after Anchetti roads are bad.

I could not post the full details yesturday since I was dead tired after the visit. Will post the travelogue soon.

Nice update mjothi, I was wondering what is the road conditions after Anchetti. I personally did till Denkanikota and the roads were awesome till there.

Abhi

Just wondering, are you guys are hijacking my travelogue.:D

Oops. I thought of updating the route & distance discussion and it ended up to look like that lol:

Latest update on Bangalore to Hogenekkal road condition. Onward journey Bangalore-> Hosur-> Denkanikottai->Anchetty->Hogenekkal. Roads till Anchetty are in very good shape. Roads after Anchetty check post is in pretty bad condition.

Return journey I decided to take Pennagaram route. Hogenekkal->Pennagaram->Palakkodu->Rayakottai-> Hosur->Bangalore. I would suggest everyone to take this route. It was scenic and the roads were very good throughout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naturalist (Post 3432279)
Roads after Anchetty check post is in pretty bad condition.

This bad section is at a village called Natrampalayam for about 5-6 kms. Post this village, do we still have bad roads???

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_gs (Post 3432308)
This bad section is at a village called Natrampalayam for about 5-6 kms. Post this village, do we still have bad roads???

Thanks. This bad stretch(read very bad or non existent) goes for about 12-15 kms if I am not wrong approximately. After this the road becomes good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naturalist (Post 3432279)
Latest update on Bangalore to Hogenekkal road condition. Onward journey Bangalore-> Hosur-> Denkanikottai->Anchetty->Hogenekkal. Roads till Anchetty are in very good shape. Roads after Anchetty check post is in pretty bad condition.

Return journey I decided to take Pennagaram route. Hogenekkal->Pennagaram->Palakkodu->Rayakottai-> Hosur->Bangalore. I would suggest everyone to take this route. It was scenic and the roads were very good throughout.

is there enough water to enjoy? Also, kindly give a gmaps direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr (Post 3432555)

The best route is as shown below
Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-option-1.jpg

If you are bit adventurous, then choose the route below
Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-option-2.jpg

Do note that in the second option via anchetty , road is pretty bad for about 5-6 kms near a village called Natrampalayam. Other than this, good roads.

More details on locations around Anchetty

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2984681

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr (Post 3432555)

There is definitely enough water to enjoy because of the rains in the catchment areas last week. There is mad rush due to summer holidays but we will forget everything once we see the falls.

I am going to Hogenakkal this weekend. Which is the better route now (via Dharmapuri or via Hosur>Rayakottai>Palakkodu)? Thanks