Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2008, 02:06   #1
BHPian

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip

Hi Friends,

I am a silent reader of T-Bhp and this is my First POST even though I am online for 8 hrs a day. We family planned for a trip to Tirupathi last weekend. Before we started I got my White Angel 1996 Carb Esteem-VX serviced because it’s my first long trip after we bought the car since 18 months. I got the Left & Right Dry shaft replaced (Rs-9000) and installed new Clutch (Rs-4000) existing was bit hard and also replaced the Engine oil with Castrol EDGE 5W-40 (Rs-2500/4Ltr). Now the machine moves like a CAT on a CARPET.

Luckily five of my Friends joined for the Trip to add more fun with their 1999 Carb Esteem-VX, one of them is our T-bhp member Ganesh_bbr he is also my best friend, we always travel together. He is an awesome travel companion

Both the cars started from Hosur at 8.30AM and reached Tirupathi by 4.00 PM. The route taken was Hosur-Krishnagiri-Ambur-Gudiyattam-Chittor-Tirupathi.

Me, My Wife, Brother and Dad with couple of my friends decided to take the step route to Tirumala from Tirupathi. We started climbing at 4.30 PM and reached at 8.30 PM. There were almost 3,500 steps.
We had a VIP recommendation letter for darshan at 9.30PM however when we reached the Hill top there was announcement that the due to heavy rush darshan may take two days and no VIP recommendation letters entertained. We were completely in anonymous situation.
We had Dinner at Hotel Annamayya, its one of the best Hotels there. We stayed back
and rested whole night and day morning started seeking for a luck of Darshan. Luckily VIP letters was accepted and managed to get the Darshan tickets for 12.30PM. Meantime we had breakfast at Hotel Annamayya. Joined the Queue at 12.45PM and had a GREAT DARSHAN of the SEVEN HILLS GOD in just 45 minutes. It was almost 5PM checked out from hotels and went to Papanashanam. It was almost 6.30PM we left Tirumala.

We then started to Sri Kalahasthi and reached at 9.30PM. Stayed in hotel Prakash AC Rs-1500, rooms were pretty decent and tidy. Had a peaceful sleep and Got up early next day morning at 5AM and got the Lord SHIVA ‘s darshan and Pooja done by 9.30AM. We had breakfast at hotel Ganesha Bhavan and started by 10.30AM after checking from the hotel.

We then drove to Kanipakkan-Ganesha temple and reached at 1.00PM and after the darshan started at 2.30PM and started driving back to Hosur. Route taken was Kanipakkam-Palamneru-Kuppam-Krishnagiri-hosur. Single Lane and the road condition was good. We had dinner in Adayar Anad Bhavan on Hosur-Krishnagiti Highway and then reached home safe at 9.30PM. Completed Total of 710 Kms.

Forgot to add something special – We stopped at Heritage on Chittur-Titupathi Highway to get some Milk foods – Guys please don’t miss the taste of Dood-Peda & Badam Milk whenever you drive to Tirupathi --- its Yummy – Yummy !!!!!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 12th July 2008 at 02:10. Reason: Text format tags removed. Please use notepad for Copy-Paste instead of a word processor. Thanks!
Old 12th July 2008, 02:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

welcome!?

That's a nice short description.
Glad you enjoyed your trip and had a good darshan!

That's a difficult thing to experience when you go to such a popular place.
4 of us made a trip Chennai - Tirupathi, a couple of years ago. All of us got a free body-massage in the crowd.

Crowd management at the temple is pathetic, and facilities for devotees are non-existant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
I am a silent reader of T-Bhp and this is my First POST even though I am online for 8 hrs a day.
You do realise that you already have 10 posts prior to this one, right?

Last edited by aah78 : 12th July 2008 at 02:40. Reason: Nothing added/removed.
Old 12th July 2008, 02:28   #3
BHPian

TO be more precise this is my first Post described in detail, because this was our first long trip since we bought the car ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78
You do realise that you already have 10 posts prior to this one, right?

Last edited by aah78 : 12th July 2008 at 02:40. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 12th July 2008, 02:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey, you've tried a couple of routes which not many use here. Great.

How's the road from Gudiyatham to Chitoor? Any reason why you didn't use Krishnagiri - Palmaner route when going to Tirupathi.
Old 12th July 2008, 02:48   #5
BHPian

Hey senthil,
Gudiyatham to Chitoor Road is not Good - I really dont suggest tat road, Its a Gully Gully road - the reason we choosed that road is because we had to pickup few of my Friends relatives from Ambur & Gudiyatham for his Sister Marriage in Tirupathi next which was on the next day morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Hey, you've tried a couple of routes which not many use here. Great.

How's the road from Gudiyatham to Chitoor? Any reason why you didn't use Krishnagiri - Palmaner route when going to Tirupathi.
Old 12th July 2008, 02:59   #6
BHPian

Enjoy few Pics

Here are few Pics Guys Shot with CANON Powershot SX 100-IS 8Megapix & 10x Opt Zoooooooom....
Attached Thumbnails
Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0462.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0464.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0488.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0506.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0535.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0540.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0569.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0727.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0734.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0736.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0741.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0745.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0788.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0791.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0806.jpg  

Hosur-Tirupathi Trip-img_0808.jpg  

Old 12th July 2008, 08:53   #7
BHPian

Very nice pics, Bhargava. Some descriptions would have made them even better.

By the way, who or what is that silvery-slippery bald dude in one of those pics??? Looks like he's dressed up for some tableau and ended up in a wrong place. Or is he begging on the roadside?

Last edited by pjay_in : 12th July 2008 at 09:00.
Old 12th July 2008, 09:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice road update and nice pics.

Abhi
Old 12th July 2008, 11:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures.

Its surprising that the VIP pass are not entertained and still the pass do exist. IMO, the management and handling of the devotees is bad.
Old 15th July 2008, 00:15   #10
BHPian

That Dude was sitting idle W/o any movement for a pretty long time, i guess he is a roadside Begger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Very nice pics, Bhargava. Some descriptions would have made them even better.

By the way, who or what is that silvery-slippery bald dude in one of those pics??? Looks like he's dressed up for some tableau and ended up in a wrong place. Or is he begging on the roadside?
Old 15th July 2008, 10:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Do you have some more pics of TIRUMALA? Its tempting me to go this place immediately. I am always ready to go at this place anytime.
Old 15th July 2008, 11:11   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Nice pictures.

Its surprising that the VIP pass are not entertained and still the pass do exist. IMO, the management and handling of the devotees is bad.
Although, the initial impression is that crowd management at the temple is downright poor, I would beg to differ. For the amount of devotees, both VIP's and non-VIP's, that visit TIRUMALA, I would say, the TTD does a decent job. The bit to be appreciated is that, with the options available, people have the option of planning in such a way that they are done with the darshan peacefully.
Agreed,it could be better. But isnt that always the case??

Of course, this is completely my personal opinion and people may differ.
Old 15th July 2008, 11:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice update with Pics Bhargava and keep them coming.
Old 19th August 2008, 00:03   #14
BHPian

Nice pics and discription bhargav, thanks for adding my name.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks