Team-BHP - Drive to Lavasa
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Drive to Lavasa (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/43176-drive-lavasa-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlalan (Post 920689)
Awesome. How were the roads guys..??? This looks like an awesome place for a drive. Love the baleno. Looks awesome. Is that a working air scoop...?? Civic looks neat too. Mootooo why didnt you take your car..??

Have never been here and we LAZY MUMBAIYA BOYS have been actually planning a drive from 31ST MAY (moonsoon drive) but ya its been 2mths now and no takers for it. Main reason being Baleno power. But we still planning and lets see how it goes.

I had an injured, rather infected foot.. so rode shotgun with vikram this time!

And stop giving all the ****ty reasons.. you wanna do a drive, just come and give me a call after you've crossed the expressway toll and not while planning it, i'll c'ya at the chandni chowk bridge!!

Yes. I am in too for another Lavasa drive sooner or later. However, we must make sure we are allowed to go inside (prior permission is a must) the main area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 920823)
@ Spadival:

The pictures are nice.

But the fourth image made me curious. I think that was a dam. Which dam ?

Thanks, Thats supposed to be the Temghar dam (near Lavarde village). There are half a dozen dams in the region !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlustindia (Post 921031)
Yes. I am in too for another Lavasa drive sooner or later. However, we must make sure we are allowed to go inside (prior permission is a must) the main area.

Me too.. But I doubt they will give permission for a bunch of cars. We may have to get permission individually?

Anyway, My wifey is already getting ideas about buying a property in Lavasa. All very nice, except I dont have the money :D.

Nice pics Spadival :)

Are the roads still good? during last drives, people had reported lots of gravel on road

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 921436)
Nice pics Spadival :)

Are the roads still good? during last drives, people had reported lots of gravel on road

@Technocrat, the roads are good. Bad patches are far and few. There a lot of crazy speedy breakers, more like suspension breakers, if one is not cautious. But these are only at the entry and exit points of very small markets near the villages enroute.

pics of road to lavasa are nice.
have you entered in lavasa city.
if yes, from where you got permission?
last year on 29 th july, i was at lavasa but couldnot enter in city due to restrictions.

Nice pics.clap:
Can someone give me info on these please:

What is the distance from Pune to Lavasa ?
Where do I get permission to enter the city from ?
If I am driving from Bangalore, what is the best route to reach Lavasa ?

The only route is NH4 via Pune. You will have to continue on NH4 Pune byepass till you come to Chandni chowk. Then take the Paud road till the start of downhill section of Pirangut ghat. Take the left as soon as you go down. This is a shortcut to Lavasa.

But are you coming all the way to just visit Lavasa? You can plan a visit to Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar as well. Its off season , but fantastic in the rain

atleast from the look of it, it seems that the roads sure are fun...
how do you guys think the roads will be if it has to be a bike ride from mumbai?
please breif...

Nice pics.............some more will not hurt:D

Will also appreciate some more snaps with your respective rides.....cheers!!!

Mod's Note: Dont post..... like...... this. I think you understand what we mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorque (Post 925600)
atleast from the look of it, it seems that the roads sure are fun...
how do you guys think the roads will be if it has to be a bike ride from mumbai?
please breif...

A bike ride would be fun, but the visibility is poor during the monsoons. Bikers will have to be ultra-cautious. Moreover, bikers are not allowed to go inside the city limits, AFAIK. There have been incidents of bikers performing stunts and hurting themselves. The authorities have taken note of this and have not allowed bikers beyond the main entrance.

You can reach a tapri just before the main entrance and relax for a while. And then descend back.

Thanks mate for the info
BTW what is the distance from Chandni Chowk to Lavasa Entrance ?

I am planning for a 3 day trip from Bangalore so is it possible to visit Lavasa, Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 925227)
The only route is NH4 via Pune. You will have to continue on NH4 Pune byepass till you come to Chandni chowk. Then take the Paud road till the start of downhill section of Pirangut ghat. Take the left as soon as you go down. This is a shortcut to Lavasa.

But are you coming all the way to just visit Lavasa? You can plan a visit to Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar as well. Its off season , but fantastic in the rain

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidz (Post 925605)
Will also appreciate some more snaps with your respective rides.....cheers!!!

I think WanderlustIndia will do the honours now. Its his thread, remember :) !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan (Post 926567)
Thanks mate for the info
BTW what is the distance from Chandni Chowk to Lavasa Entrance ?

Sorry, I dont have the exact distance. Should be about 30-40 kms. And it takes about 45 mins from Chandni chowk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan (Post 926567)
I am planning for a 3 day trip from Bangalore so is it possible to visit Lavasa, Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar ?

You can cover Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar in 1 day. Since its off-season, the usual attractions like boating and fresh strawberries wont be there, but its a sight to behold in the rains. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...panchgani.html .

But since you are driving in from B'lore, I think you will be a bit short on time. Also, Hope you have got the permission in advance to enter Lavasa.

Lavasa is around 40-45kms from Chandni Chowk.

Its awesome for bikers but not in rains :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 926700)
Also, Hope you have got the permission in advance to enter Lavasa.

Could you please let me know the procedure to get permission to visit Lavasa?