Team-BHP - Our near Intl Tourist destination and Hatch Car land? Maldives!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Our near Intl Tourist destination and Hatch Car land? Maldives! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/43484-our-near-intl-tourist-destination-hatch-car-land-maldives.html)

Maldives, the name describes how it should be, a string of islands. Its just 50min away from Trivandrum by plane and you get 30day tourist Visa on arrival. The flight is cheap but you need dough for fun at Maldives.

I was there for four days on an official trip. Since I have to do a Safari tomorrow morning, I will be a good Team-Bhpian and post what you all want to see, pix of cars; pix of cars we dont have in India.

Go through the pix, I was wondering ' Hei, thats a lot of option in a 4kms piece of land' :Frustrati

These set of pix was taken in my E51. Will post better pix I took on my digicam in a day or so.

Guess the name of cars and make.

More pix.

I stayed at a Kam Hotel. Room rent was 84$ a day , bed and break fast. Neat room and sort.

I found how Honda Cub made record sales! Every road you see is to be decorated with Honda Cub/Wave and sort. I even saw 100 cc and 125cc two wheelers which are mostly Honda. Some 125 cc were FI and looked just great.

The food thing you see is my lunch and dinner. Had something called Nasigureng which I guess is a version fo mixed fried rice.

The pix of the boat crusing was taken from one of the best restaurants I had been to. The ambiance is awesome. Its open on 2 sides to sea. You get great food too. If I remember right its called "Sea Horse'. Its next to Jetty No 1. This place is open 24x7 and dont be surprised if you see lots of gals even at 4-5am !

The red color side dish is Devilled Fish, cost 60 rufiya. Its cuttle fish with garlic sauce.

And seems papad is a default free snack with every meal.

In one of the pix you see Tata 207, the only Indian car I saw.

And one of the most popular bikes is Pulsar and Avenger! They are some 400/600cc but old models and very few. There is no point in having higher cc bikes and there is no road or space. Every other road is a one way.

Before I call it a day two pix from my old Fuji.

Guess which these are :)

HI Jkdas,

Thats a lovely picture story of the Maldives. I have been thinking of visiting this place during one of my next Indian visits. How many days would one need to go through the place ? 2-3 days should be sufficient I would think.

Also - would appreciate if you give us an approximate idea of the costs during the day, tourist permits, etc etc.

I only found on flight which goes from Trivandrum of Indian airlines, google could not tell me if there are flights from any other city.

Thanks for the pictures

Indra

thats one hell of a Hatchback world, love the red cutie, thanks for sharing maite

jk thats an audi tt and a nissan versa??

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 926052)
Guess which these are :)

TT + Tiida. Nice pics, JK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 926026)
The food thing you see is my lunch and dinner. Had something called Nasigureng which I guess is a version fo mixed fried rice.

Nasi Goreng. Nasi = Malay for Rice. Goreng = Malay for Fried.

Similarly, Ayam Goreng = Fried Chicken, Pisang Goreng = Fried Banana (Pazham Pori), Sotong Goreng = Fried Squid.

Is that Papad or Prawn Crackers?

The Toyota softroader in Post #3 is actually the Diahatsu Terios/Feroza.

Nice pictures JKdas, I can guess some of the cars.

1. Mazda 6 series
3. Mitsubishi Lancer/Galant
4. Honda Civic Silver
Red & White Mini Cooper

Thanks for sharing nice pictures.

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing pictures JK, have been thinking a while to visit Maldives on my next holidays.

PS: Just curious, Do a Pure-Veggie like me will be surviving on Fried Rice only or do we have some other veggie menu items too ??

nice pics.
it seems that you stayed in male only.
if you stayed at some beach resort, please post pics.
i am very eagre to see pics of maldives beach.
please post some pics with full resolution so that we have some great wallpapers for pc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 926291)
Thanks for sharing pictures JK, have been thinking a while to visit Maldives on my next holidays.

PS: Just curious, Do a Pure-Veggie like me will be surviving on Fried Rice only or do we have some other veggie menu items too ??

You can also get sandwiches and dosas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 926411)
nice pics.
please post some pics with full resolution so that we have some great wallpapers for pc.

Was very busy with job and didnt get tie to wander much.

I guess room rents at Male satrt from 80$ or so. Mine was pukka neat and good. Will recommend it. If you want to have fun wil suggest that you stay at a resort which of course can be damn costly.

If you go dont forget the Whale Submarine and scuba diving.

My Fav car, the Rush from Toyota.

The first pic is the Mazda 3. I am driving it everyday and m lovin' it ;) . Already put up 2505 miles and the car is not even 2 months old.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Truly beautiful place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 926411)
nice pics.

I was just about to ask the same. Then I read this answer :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 928711)
Was very busy with job and didnt get tie to wander much.

However, if you do find some other nice pics please post them! clap: