Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 09:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri

This was planned for the last week itself (26th Jul) but due to the Bomb scares and issues, we could not make it. So, this week for the same trip.

2-Aug-2008 , Day 1:

We thought of starting from Bangalore in morning. But due to the meeting we had in my Kid's school, we started only at 2PM. I took the Airport Road from my sons school and took the Mysore Road bridge near K.R.Market. Eventhough it is Saturday noon, the traffic was real busy till I reached Rajarajeshwari Nagar entrance. After that it was comfortable.

While I was crossing the busy junction after this, I saw a Lorry accident just below the skywalk. The driver should have driven real fast. There are baricades put in zip zag manner to reduce the traffic speed. This guy some how got over steered or lost control and took on the divider.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-acc1.jpg

I could see the crowd hitting a young guy, should be like 25yrs. Not sure if he was driver or cleaner. Hope no one was injured in this.

Then once we crossed Ramnagaram, the road was good except for those slow moving traffic on the right Inspite of having signs saying heavy and slower speed vehicle to be on left side, no one listens.

I could not keep my car below 100. Even in 5th gear, it easily revs and reaches 110-120. I somehow dont want to cross 100 and struggled to keep it below 100. When I touched srirangapatna, it was almost 5pm. Called my cousin in Mysore. I dont know any place in Mysore and was so worried to locate the place. He just asked me to wait near the GRS fantasy park and came and guided me to his home. Had some Chai time and we all started for Brindavan Garden. I have been thinking of visiting this in night to see the dancing fountains.

On the way to Dam.
(What a Team-BHP Travelogue without the CAR!)
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs14.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs13.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs12.jpg

As you can see, the water is really flowing with good current. Thanks to the Monsson.

We went to the Brindavan around 7:15pm. We need to pay 25rs to drive into the location. I could see a lot of crowds since it was Saturday night. I see the boards reading the show to be from 7-8pm on weekedays and 7-9pm on sat & sun.

You can either walk from this end to the other where you have the show, or take a ferry. We took the ferry. I wish they handled this much better. No good lights in the place where we take this ferry. Infact no proper blocks or rails to save you from falling in the water. Somehow we managed to get in there and started towards the show area.

Some snaps from ferry.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs11.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs10.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs9.jpg

When we are nearing the show place, we could hear the songs. Our exictment grew as we were nearing the place. No place to sit. The whole palce was dark except for the lights from the fountain. We stood in front of the fountain and started to take picture. Then the next song they had was "Jaare jahan se achaa". On my god. I heard this would be the last song for the show. Did I miss the whole show?

Then I checked with the security there and he said, it will start again in next 5 min. Oh, I am saved. Then I see the lights come up and there are steps for people to sit and watch the show. We went and sat on the steps. You also have "mobile" cofee bar there. Got some hot tea and waited for the show.

There it goes. It started and we were about to enjoy and the whole place again went to darkness. People yelling left & right. Then there was a beam of light. Not from the fountain, but from the corner of the road. There came a Jeep. We understood that the show was stopped for this gentleman(?) or his family to come to the place. After like 3-4 min, it again started from beginning. We were thanking our star that they came after 5 mins of show itself.

Took nice video and photos of those colorful light dance.
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs8.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs7.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs6.jpg

Then we had some glimpse of Brindavan garen in night, some photos and we were coming out. Then we saw a TALL guy standing there. He allows us to take picutre with him for 10bucks. So, we took one. When I handed the 10rs to him, he shook my hand. Oh man, what a hand? Its so big.

Then we started back to Royal Inn near the ringroad and had dinner, then back to home sweet home of my cousin.

End of Day 1
Old 4th August 2008, 09:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Some more snaps from Fountain lights...

Some more photos of KRS & Brindavan tgaken on Day 1.

Crowds around the fountain
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs5.jpg
Show is on
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs4.jpg
Water falls near the fountain
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs3.jpg
Colorful fountains
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs2.jpg
Colorful fountains
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs1.jpg
Brindavan Garden
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-krs6.jpg
Old 4th August 2008, 11:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics mjothi, waiting for more !!

I have seen many small accidents at the same under pass mainly lorries / 407s, one of their tyres on the median. Looks like at particular location has become quite prone to accidents for the truckers.

Abhi
Old 4th August 2008, 18:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Missed to post the picture of the Tall man we met in Brindavan. He said he is 7'8"
Attached Thumbnails
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-tal_man.jpg  

Old 4th August 2008, 19:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Update on the Day 2.

Day - 2:
3rd August 2008

After the KRS dam visit and a good sleep, we got up around 8am on Sunday. Too lazy to drive any far off place. But since I need to leave back to Bangalore that same day, I thought of going to near by place where we can play in water. And the thought of playing in water itself was so exciting and within an hour or so we are ready for the drive.

The place we decided was Balmuri falls. Around 13 KMs from my friend house in Mysore. We need to take the KRS dam road and on the way you will see a Arch that mentions about the Balmuri Falls. The arch will be on your right if you are going to falls from Mysore or Srirangapatna. The roads till this arch is reasonable, but the roadsafter this would be bad and you need to drive cautiously. At the end of the road you will have guys collecting the entrance fees. We paid 25rs.

You need to take the right turn in this end. The moment I was about to take the turn, my friend suggested that I take left turn. I was wondering why. He insisted with a smile and so, I just followed him. After like 1 or 2 kms of bumpy ride, I reach a beautiful place with water falling so fast and in full swing. We went so early to the falls, and could see very less people on the place. I heard from my friend saying that this is Yedamuri which is less known to travellers over there.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-1.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-2.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-3.jpg

I parked the car in the place and we started to walk towards the falls. The water was cold since it was not a hot day. My son was the first person to get in to water. Even though he was shivering in chillness, he dont want to come out of the water. Same with my friends son too. They had a very good time in water.

I also started to play in water. I could see some people spoiling the whole fun. Guys were drinking and smoking (you can see one with the bottle in 2nd & 3rd pic below) right in the middle of the water and made the whole fun lost. But we just ignored them and played in water. My daughter was not ok to be in water. She started crying when I made her play in water. So, she was just taken back.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-4.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-5.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-6.jpg

After having good time, we started to head back. This is when my daugther started to like the water. Also, the water was much warm now due to good sun shine. So, we left her to play in water. She was enjoying every drop of seconds by spalshing water all around and beating the water with both hands.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-7.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-14.jpg

Then we planned to move to the Balmuri falls. We changed our dress and started to the other falls. When we arrived there, I could see the water flowing same as the Yedamuri. But the problem is no access to those place. We are not allowed to get near to the forceful water.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-8.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-13.jpg

So, people was playing next to the steps. Good that my friend suggested the other one first. Because, here there was no option for kids to play since the water lever was high.

We were about to leave from there and then saw the fish roasted near the banks. What a trip without those fish? So, ordered some plate and had good fish. It was tasty. Guys said it was caught near KRS dam. Nice one.

Then we were heading to our car. Suddenly a guy came and asked if we like to take the coracle. We were thrilled. Because, the current of water was so much that we first hesitated. He claimed he has 15years of experiance and no need to worry. We were just thinking ourselves - "You may have, but none of us know swimming in this force current of water". Anyway, we decided to take the risk and it was worth it.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-9.jpg

He took us in the water and we could se him struggling to row the boat. The water current was pushing him in other direction. Slowly we reached a small temple on the side and he got down. We were wondering what is he upto. Are we suppose to get down here and walk back? Will he demand anything from us in this place?

While our brian was thinking all possible stupid things, he started to take a rope and tie one end to the Coracle. The other end he put it around his toe. Then he was askign our camera. Oh, then we realized that he is planing to take a good picture of ours in coracle. He took the camera, and pushed the coracle away and started taking picture. The rope he tied was to keep the boat within his control. The picture came out really well.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-10.jpg

Then he got in the boat and went a little further. We were in the middle of that river. Now he asked for Rs.20. What the hell? He is in the middle of the river and asking for money. Ummm.

Anyway, we gave him 20 bucks and then he asked us to keep the Video cam ready. Wondering what he is upto, we got ready. There you go. He started rotating the coracle and it was a thrilling experiance. We shot the excellant view from the rotating Coracle.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-11.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-12.jpg

Then we came to the bank and got down. We paid him 100rs more and again he insisted for 10rs extra. We paid him. Infact we did not felt anything bad when he asked for extra money. Afterall we just saw how difficult it is to take the boat in that water.

Then we started back to visit my wife's sister house in Mysore. The guy is working as Wing commander, Air force. They live inside the SSB next to the Nandini diary. I did not know the place. But kept asking almost everyone I saw on the street including 2 traffic cops. But, it was not as difficult as I expected. Had a late lunch and started back to Bangalore around 4pm.

I am sure everyone knows about this route and so not much description. Only thing I want to highlight is about the accident I saw once I crossed Ramnagaram. It looked like a head on collision, but not able to make head or tail out of it.

One was Ford Endevour and other seemed like TATA Ace or similar tempo. The front of tempo was nothing. Infact, I see that the ford also had like almost front 1/4 is gone on one side. Not able to get any picture or details as cops were very busy is moving the traffic. Make sense, so much traffic there that it took more than 20min to cross that place.

There was a funny ending to this trip. When I was about to take the right turn near Vidan Soudha, after the Mysore Road bridge, I was jam packed between 2 BMTC's. When the signal was green, they both packed me and guided to go straight . I ended up going to Majestic and somehow back there. Oh, finding location is tough in Bangalore, especially you are not fully confident on the route you need to take.

Route: C.V.Raman Nagar -> K.R.Market -> Ramanagaram -> Mandya -> Mysore
Vehicle: Aveo 1.4 LS Special Edition
Total KMs: 400Kms total
Old 5th August 2008, 21:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Some more picture of the trips...

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-1.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-2.jpg

This is the "Y" junction where you need to take the left to KRS Dam. The right goes to Srirangapatna circle.
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-3.jpg

The lonely roads and farm on the side of the roads.

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-4.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-5.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-6.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-7.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-8.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-9.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-10.jpg

Last edited by mjothi : 5th August 2008 at 21:55.
Old 5th August 2008, 22:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

This arch is the identification for Balmuri falls. You can see the name in english on the below board. Take this right.
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-11.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-12.jpg

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-14.jpg

This is the entrance where you need to pay the parking / entrance fee of 25rs. If you take, you will reach yedamuri, if you take right, you are in Balmuri falls.
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-15.jpg

mud road that lead to yedamuri falls
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-16.jpg
Water, water & water
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-17.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-18.jpg
Swimming course...
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-19.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-20.jpg
Old 5th August 2008, 22:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice House on the way to the falls
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-21.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-29.jpg

Playing in water
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-22.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-23.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-24.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-25.jpg
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-26.jpg

Kids over there was doing fishing. First successful caught!!! The material they use to catch is, a thread with Idli and Dal mix You can see the yellow mix in the kid behind.
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-27.jpg

Crowds in the falls while we are about to leave
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-28.jpg

Way to Balmuri
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-30.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-31.jpg  

Weekend Trips - Bangalore to Brindavan, KRS & Balmuri-32.jpg  

Last edited by mjothi : 5th August 2008 at 22:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks