Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 21:39   #1
BHPian

Waynad in Palio 1.1

Hello
Everyone, well it was time the last week to get detoxed with a petrol Grunt for the weekend and it was my Roomate's new car The Palio 1.1 to prove.

It was a early morning Drive till mysore where in Guru would join us from coorg, we started early at 7 tanked up fuel in the mysore road Petrol Pump.

Waynad in Palio 1.1-waynad-055.jpg

the Drive was Excellent in the morning & it was the first time the Pailo was out of town Proving its stance among the Beasts on the highway ... all the way till srirangapatnam it kept up its pace with the swifts ,didnt want to push it more as the engine was new it did a decent 120 in few strectches but still showed its sluggishness untill it reached 2500 rpm.

Waynad in Palio 1.1-waynad-058.jpg

A stop at the famous Joint which serves meat from the finest Goats known to humanity (Bhuwaneshwari Military Hotel Srirangapatnam- Breakfast Mutton Chops and Idli's).

Waynad in Palio 1.1-waynad-01.jpg

A stop in Mysore to Pick Guru up and we tanked up the Palio again this time full tank and headed towards Waynad ... the roads are a Breeze to Drive.The Power Lag of the Palio only Creeps in at these Narrow Higways where in If you are not Shifting Right YOU WOULD END UP IN A JINX.

Waynad in Palio 1.1-waynad-079.jpg

The best part of the car that is significant is the Fuel Efficiency,Stiff Suspension which lets the car Handle maturedly, Tank like build, Noiseless Cabin and space inside the car and not to forget the best part is that the Doors Shut with an Immaculate thud fo a car of that Size.
We landed in Kalpetta at 2 in the afternoon its a great place the drive untill there refreshes you thoroughly if you are a petrol head.....

Waynad in Palio 1.1-waynad-073.jpg

the food is cheap the place is clean its the best place to be when you are doing short trips on the weekend our homestay was owned by a gentleman called Martin Lopez and the whole stay for 3 came in a nominal budget of 2000 rs including Breakfast and Dinner.
After lunch we drove around the ghats which gets down to Kozikhode which a real task because of the blinding Fog but teh brilliant lighting of the Palio 1.1 and the optional Fog lamps did a Decent Job.

Waynad in Palio 1.1-waynad-087.jpg

the next day we left back the best part again was the drive back till mysore.
the Palio 1.1 is a tad underpowered but at high RPM it picks up pace untill it exhausts but an excellent car to have if you looking at a sturdy, fuel efficient and a good family hatch ... it might not have the likes and power of the swift but its built to last, and If I am not mistaken you open the hood and you will find a few wiring with a magnetti marelli Seal.

[ATTACH]Waynad in Palio 1.1-waynad-115.jpg[/ATTACH]

we dropped guru back in mysore and sped back to the hustle and bustle of the City and Roshan( My Roomie) looked Convinced with his Itallian Counterpart.

Will write again ... sorry for the errors if at all there are any.

Me and Guru in Mysore

Waynad in Palio 1.1-waynad-128.jpg

Note from Support: Dotted posts are an eyesore. Please use proper punctuation for easy readability.Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Waynad in Palio 1.1-waynad-126.jpg  

Old 6th August 2008, 22:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

That mutton part made me hungry again.

Do something about those black rims!

What was your FE ?
Old 6th August 2008, 22:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Car looks good. So are the pics. But do include the no of kms travelled, the FE etc details in the travelogue.
Old 6th August 2008, 22:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Car looks good. So are the pics. But do include the no of kms travelled, the FE etc details in the travelogue.
The car gave us a FE of 15 approximately total km covered was 650
Old 6th August 2008, 23:05   #5
BHPian

Nice post and great pics. I expected the FE to be a bit higher. What percentage of your roads were ghat sections?
The 1.1 is not expected to be a scorcher and that is what it is. Its a delight to do long drives in a Palio with that reassuring handling.

Man!! I miss my Black Beauty so much :(
Old 7th August 2008, 00:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Cool stuff. That said, Magnetti Marelli is a cheaper supplier than Bosch and slightly even than Delphi. So its good/bad whichever way you look at it!
Old 7th August 2008, 12:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well written and nice photographs attached. I like your choice of food and stay
Old 7th August 2008, 13:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi phamilyman,

> Magnetti Marelli is a cheaper supplier than Bosch and slightly even than
> Delphi.

Magneti Marelli was founded in 1919 as a joint-venture between Fiat and Ercole Marelli - sourced from Wikipedia!

> @Bopanna - and the optional Fog lamps did a Decent Job.

How was the fog lamps fitted? Any change of bumper?

Last edited by trrk : 7th August 2008 at 13:10.
Old 7th August 2008, 13:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
The car gave us a FE of 15 approximately total km covered was 650
Good going. From your post I gather the car is still pretty new. I drive a Dec 2007 Palio 1.1 SLX. The best ever in Higway milage was 17.09 KMPL, on my trip from Bangalore to Chennai.

You milage will improve after the 2nd Service.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 7th August 2008, 13:31   #10
BHPian

Three red Swifts on the road in one pic. Amazing!!
Old 7th August 2008, 13:58   #11
BHPian

Nice short travelogue...............I liked the quality of the pics

I am however surprised that you got just 15 on the highway. I had got an average of 16 with my Stile 1.6 Sport but that was after the 1st service when I had made a road trip from Pune to Mangalore.

Hence,I think the 1.1 will given an even better FE after the 1st service.

As for the comfort & stability of a FIAT car, you were a witness to it, so I need not say more.

Cheers
Old 7th August 2008, 14:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

A neat and simple post! Thanks mate!

And thanks for making a note on the hotel - makes me hungry now (just returned from lunch, but still!!!)

So how many KM's has the car been driven till now? When you say its new and you did 120kmph, I think you might have pushed it.
Old 7th August 2008, 14:59   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Three red Swifts on the road in one pic. Amazing!!
Thats my exact feeling. It almost looked like a swift ad

Nice travelogue and pictures.
Old 7th August 2008, 15:39   #14
BHPian

Fog Lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi phamilyman,

> Magnetti Marelli is a cheaper supplier than Bosch and slightly even than
> Delphi.

Magneti Marelli was founded in 1919 as a joint-venture between Fiat and Ercole Marelli - sourced from Wikipedia!

> @Bopanna - and the optional Fog lamps did a Decent Job.

How was the fog lamps fitted? Any change of bumper?
they were factory fitted lamps which didnt come in this particular model of the car but which is availaible on the higher end version the car, which was fitted optionally when the car was bought.
Old 7th August 2008, 16:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

trrk saab,

The above information is from industry sources. MM ECU setup is cheaper than what MSIL has put in DDiS :-) They are good no doubt (sorry for missing that out), but like the Palio is cheaper than swift, so is MM vs bosch. and just facts- definitely no aspersions I daresay on the quality!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks