Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2008, 22:58   #16
BHPian

Oh come on now kpzen, go on with story, this is like those AD's interrupting 'Indi' getting chased by the germans.

Popcorns come in handy in such situations.....go on go on...we are listening(oops reading)
Old 24th August 2008, 23:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

great writeup. looking forward for day 3. lots of companies seem to do these team building exercises of late.
Old 24th August 2008, 23:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Trekking is the next best thing after driving.
awesome writeup

Waiting anxiously to the rest of the thing.
Old 24th August 2008, 23:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys!! U will have to wait..There's some problem in uploading pics and my BSNL broadband is also not working well.
I will be back soon.
Cheers

Mods- Please delete the above post.
Attached Thumbnails
Once in a lifetime trip!! Trekking 96kms in 9 days to reach 13575ft.-dsc06671.jpg  

Last edited by kpzen : 24th August 2008 at 23:42.
Old 24th August 2008, 23:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
09 July 5:15am
The toilet was a wooden cubical with no roof, a door without a latch and an inclined make shift indian pot. If its raining u need to hold an umbrella in one hand and with the other hand u need to hold the rope to keep the door closed.
When I was laughing out aloud and read your narration aloud, my son asked me how you managed to get out and get in your trousers with both hands already busy. I said I have to ask kpzen to explain this complex action.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lovely narration. Good fun training LG India guys gave you

Waiting for more. The water looks awesome.
*sigh* another to do destination.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:39   #22
Team-BHP Support

Great experience kpzen. Keep it coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
09 July 5:15am
The toilet was a wooden cubical with no roof, a door without a latch and an inclined make shift indian pot. If its raining u need to hold an umbrella in one hand and with the other hand u need to hold the rope to keep the door closed.
Reminded me of my NCC camp in 1984, except we didn't have the pecky door, so we could hold conversations with the guy next in line. At least we did this in darkness before 5AM.
Old 25th August 2008, 01:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

sorry for double post but do drive manali leh. at pang, you have the river right where the camps are. and you may get some less chilling water for wiping your rearside, else there's no protection from nature, no pretense of a loo.

ofc, at sarchu u get lovely expensive tents with toilet tents etyadi, but this is what 50 bucks gets you
Old 25th August 2008, 06:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

10 July
6:30am We get a heavy breakfast and i could sense its gonna be one exhaustive day.
7:00am : Each one of us get the mountaineering gear like helmets and ropes. All of us pack our gears including the ruck sack and stand in our respective groups before the trek kicks off.
Once in a lifetime trip!! Trekking 96kms in 9 days to reach 13575ft.-dsc06671.jpg

7:30 am : Sr Instructor gives us some tips to be followed while trekking. After that, One by one each team starts off towards Telka, rock climbing destination, a total distance of 15kms..
We cross numerous waterfalls (better known as Jharna in hindi) on the way. At times we were walking on a wall, with canal on one side and on the other side gangotri flowing at its furious best 100 ft below... Too dangerous to think about it, now....
Once in a lifetime trip!! Trekking 96kms in 9 days to reach 13575ft.-dsc06672.jpg
Once in a lifetime trip!! Trekking 96kms in 9 days to reach 13575ft.-dsc01133.jpg

10:45am: The weight of the ruck sack was taking a toll on all of us but somehow we make it our destination with a few breaks on the way.
Telka is around 6500ft above sea level in comparison to base camp which was 5500ft.
Once in a lifetime trip!! Trekking 96kms in 9 days to reach 13575ft.-dsc06678.jpg

After reaching Telka, few ppl try to catch a nap but within 5mins we hear a whistle and everyone starts asking in desperation *** Now what!@??
Exercise time to ease our muscles down is what the commander says. Ok everyone follows his commands.. Frankly those exercises did make us feel us better.
Once in a lifetime trip!! Trekking 96kms in 9 days to reach 13575ft.-dsc06679.jpg
30 minutes after the exercises the instructors of each team takes their team for various rock climbing tasks..
Once in a lifetime trip!! Trekking 96kms in 9 days to reach 13575ft.-dsc02487.jpg
Once in a lifetime trip!! Trekking 96kms in 9 days to reach 13575ft.-dsc02490.jpg

Lots more to come!! I have only reached 6500ft.

Last edited by kpzen : 25th August 2008 at 06:30.
Old 25th August 2008, 10:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per his posts and my understanding goes, they did not have gals in their group
In the first pic of first post, there is gal at extreme right of pic.

Quote:
Seems you guys and gals had great fun.
What do you mean?
Old 25th August 2008, 11:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

KP keep it coming mate. Seems you guys had a lot of fun. Can you name the feature you climbed?
Old 25th August 2008, 12:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Makes a very interesting read. Few photos looks scary

But when I think of myself being there, definitely I would say no to such programmes risking and paining you for nothing. Wat do u gain from such programmes?
Old 25th August 2008, 12:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Wat do u gain from such programmes?
These are very popular events these days in the corporate world, referred to as Team-Building Activities!
How much one gains from such exercises can only be answered by those that have participated in more than a couple of them.
Old 25th August 2008, 12:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
These are very popular events these days in the corporate world, referred to as Team-Building Activities!
How much one gains from such exercises can only be answered by those that have participated in more than a couple of them.

You get to know other employees better in such outdoor activities. This will result in cordial relationship, which might make the interactive job portions move quicker (keeping the individual ego's away). Also relaxes employee a lot and helps in removing stress and strain on routine job, which makes employees thinks better and enhance overall productivity.

This can be done on an outdoor relaxed trip too, why such risky stuffs? (just for my understanding)
Old 25th August 2008, 13:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
This can be done on an outdoor relaxed trip too, why such risky stuffs? (just for my understanding)
Maybe it has to do with pent up guilt? The world perceives Indians not being 'outdoorsey' enough and not participating in any adventure sports.
So we have our corporates sending teams of people for rappelling, rock climbing, white water rafting et al.!!
Never heard of any relaxed outings as team-building activities!

But as you can see from this travelogue, many who never before knew the joys of trekking will probably now take to it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks