Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 11:15   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Nice pictures McLaren. I had been to Munnar during the August 15th long weekend. I have few pictures that i can post here. I don't mean to Hijack your thread :-)
Go ahead nemo. Anyday ready to see more of this beautiful place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I might be wrong but I remember reading that hotels in Bangalore can demand a marriage certificate from any couple wanting to rent a room. My question was whether this 'rule' was restricted to Bangalore or had spread to other places as well?
I don't remember any resorts in Bangalore asking for a marriage certificate either. And I have been to quite a few. But what I also observed is that most 5 star hotels just fake up that they are completely booked on looking at youngsters. I had a couple of friends come down from the US and when I went to book a room for them almost all of them said they were booked. But when my dad went, they gave us a room. Which resorts/hotels have you experienced this?

AFAIK, there is no hard rule set by the Govt or anything, its just the policy of certain hotels to play it safe for their own good.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 26th August 2008 at 11:17.
Old 26th August 2008, 15:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
AFAIK, there is no hard rule set by the Govt or anything, its just the policy of certain hotels to play it safe for their own good.
Maybe someone who knows the law can pitch in here. Is this a law (married couples only), or is this just something hotels come up with?

Lovely pics and narration Rahul... enjoyed the thread a lot. Will definitely head to Munnar sometime, and that tree house looks really tempting!
Old 26th August 2008, 17:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Technically, you COULD be picked up from the hotel for immoral traffiking if there is a raid.

And you know there was a raid during the Monsoon Meet earlier this year.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:14   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Technically, you COULD be picked up from the hotel for immoral traffiking if there is a raid.
Yup, thats there. But in India we all know most cops stick to such moral ethics and high standards to just fill their pockets. And as long as you are willing to co-operate one will always find a way out. Or you better have good political connections.

Does any law in the country say two non-minors cannot go and rent a room at a resort in a tourist destination without getting married? I am sure there must be some legal counter argument even if the cops questioned you. What if two foreigners came for a holiday and they didn't bring their marriage certificate or if they aren't married at all?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 27th August 2008 at 15:15.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:43   #65
BHPian

Hi, don't we think it is too off topic talking about the morality aspect when the actual thread was to describe the beauty of Munnar ?
Old 27th August 2008, 15:51   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Hi, don't we think it is too off topic talking about the morality aspect when the actual thread was to describe the beauty of Munnar ?
It is Joe. I think we should have a separate thread on this topic. It would help me and a lot of others to know the exact law regarding this. One better be aware of the law than suffer in the hands of cops. Mods, kindly shift these OT posts to a new thread.
Old 27th August 2008, 16:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does any law in the country say two non-minors cannot go and rent a room at a resort in a tourist destination without getting married?
Nope, but this kind of situation could easily be exploited by the immoral traffickers which is why decent hotels/resorts will not allow suspicious looking couples into their rooms.

Quote:
What if two foreigners came for a holiday and they didn't bring their marriage certificate or if they aren't married at all?
Indian morality laws do not apply to foreign couples.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 27th August 2008 at 16:03.
Old 27th September 2008, 19:21   #68
BHPian

mclaren can you give holiday inn phone nos? the site is listed as harmful by google and I havent opened their site.
Old 28th September 2008, 12:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hi druva,

> can you give holiday inn phone nos?

In a book about Munnar that I bought there:

The Green View Holiday Inn : (04865) 230940
The Greeshmam Holiday Inn : (04865) 231315

The online Kerala telephone directory gives the following results:

CHANDRA SEKHAR
IX 171 GREENVIEW HOLIDAY INN
171 MOOLAKADA MUNNAR 685612 Ph: 04865-230189

SALIM KUMAR
9/2369 THE GREESHMAM HOLIDAY INN
9/2369 ROOM NO.2369 MUNNAR TOWN,
MUNNAR P O 685612 Ph: 04865-232795

JAISHEL REHIMAN P
HOLIDAY INN
CHITHIRAPURAM 685565 Ph: 04865-263204

Hope this helps!
Old 28th September 2008, 15:16   #70
BHPian

Thanks Rajesh. I hope one of those provides the tree house :-)
Old 28th September 2008, 16:15   #71
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off-topic but related, there's a terrific Tree House in Cochin which offers a very unusual option if you're in or travelling through the City (strictly leisure).

This tree house is entirely man-made, including the 'tree' but it looks so realistic even from up-close that you would swear its the real thing (which it isnt). This one is straight out of a fairy tale!

Single air-conditioned tree-top accomodation with all modern facilities is available at:

Welcome to Tree House Home Stay : Kerala Home stays

The place is run by a very affable, hospitable and extremely extrovert gentleman who wanted to do this for 'timepass' but went the whole hog and built a full-fledged treehouse in his front lawn. The food is genuine home-made, the gent is also a great cook (though he calls himself a hobby cook).

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th September 2008 at 16:18.
Old 28th September 2008, 16:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hi druva,

> I hope one of those provides the tree house :-)

I don't know about that.

But I thought somebody's 'tree house trip' is worth risking a malware warning!

The following explicitly offers a 'tree house'!

Munnar Inn
Telephone Office Junction
Munnar, Idukki
Kerala, India
Pin : 685 612
Ph : +91 4865-231735, 230736.

Take a look:

TREE HOUSE - MUNNAR :: Travel made Easy
B-Six Holiday Resort munnar, BSix Munnar, BSix Resort Munnar - Tree Top House, Munnar, Kerala, India

All the best!

Last edited by trrk : 28th September 2008 at 16:51.
Old 28th September 2008, 16:54   #73
BHPian

lovely pics!! munnar quite literally is unforgettable.

We were lucky to be able to see the one side of munnar that not many people get to see. Me and some friends were guests at top station's tata tea plantation manager's bunglow. Royalty is how you are treated there. well almost!

thanks for refreshing the memories because ,alas, we friends focused more on a different variety of greens and I don't mean tea
Old 28th September 2008, 20:54   #74
BHPian

Nice travelogue and fantastic snaps mclaren.
It must have been a heavenly bliss for you in such a beautiful place with your GF by your side.
Old 13th November 2008, 17:40   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
mclaren can you give holiday inn phone nos? the site is listed as harmful by google and I havent opened their site.
Sorry druva, I haven't checked this thread in a long time. From the research I did only two places offered tree houses. The place where we stayed was Munnar Inn's, cant remember the other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
This tree house is entirely man-made, including the 'tree' but it looks so realistic even from up-close that you would swear its the real thing (which it isnt). This one is straight out of a fairy tale!
That looks fabulous Steer! Next time I come to Cochin, shall surely try this place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Nice travelogue and fantastic snaps mclaren.
It must have been a heavenly bliss for you in such a beautiful place with your GF by your side.
Thank you 9thMax. It sure was.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks