Team-BHP - Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/45388-pics-mumbai-lonavala-khandala-drive-edit-enfield-ride-jan-09-a.html)

Here are a couple of pics taken on our drive to Lonavala / Khandala last weekend. I know its too short a trip for the Travelogue, but still any weekend drive is like a travelogue :)

Will post the trip details later, till then enjoy the pics :

More pics : ....................

Captioning the photos would have been nice...

More pics of the drive :

Some more pics of the drive :

More pics. of the drive :

More pics of the drive

Finally the last set of pics :

Not able view the pics too slow. :Frustrati Need to view from office as the downloading speed is 100 mbps. Hope the pics are nice. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 968499)
Not able view the pics too slow. :Frustrati Need to view from office as the downloading speed is 100 mbps. Hope the pics are nice. :)

Pics are great. Try Google Chrome; Appears to be much faster in loading pics than IE.

V12: How did you manage to take so many pics while driving? or was it your co-pilot who took the snaps?

Some pics of our ride to Lonavala yesterday. This is the first time we took the Enfield out for a really looong ride.

Some more pics of the ride

roads look so nice. must have been a pleasure riding on those roads!!
also the green all around makes you feel so fresh. very nice v12!! :thumbs up

Todays recent TBHP drive reminded me of our Lonavala drive we did in March this year. Our initial plan was to ride down to Panvel in the early hours, spend the whole day relaxing and then roam around the city and leave for Mumbai the next morning. Although the plans worked out well, some things changed.

We had booked St Mary's Villa in Khandala for a day. The rates are quite reasonable and you get a full view of the mountains and the expresssway from the villa. The rates are 250/- per head per day and that includes food as well (veg/non-veg). The place is clean and decent and rumoured to be "haunted" and best of all its very cool even in this season due to lot of trees and shade.

Anyways here are some pics :

It was actually supposed to be a ride and all the bikes were washed and polished the earlier evening. But then things didnt turn out the way we expected.
Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-1.jpg

So we ended up in this (not the ST bus obviously)
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 3718
Size:  315.3 KB

Our first stop was at a vada pav stall in Panvel.
Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-3.jpg

An actual plane at Nishiland waterpark.
Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-4.jpg

More pics tomorrow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 1318289)

Our first stop was at a vada pav stall in Panvel.
Attachment 139597

More pics tomorrow:

it is not panvel. it is dand phata. its 15kms away from panvel towards khopoli. i stay at khopoli and go to khandala almost every evening with my friends for a ride. i can help you in captioning your pics.