Team-BHP - Postcards from Sweden
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Postcards from Sweden (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/45407-postcards-sweden-2.html)

Quote:

Surprisingly, there are quite a number of vegans in the northern regions
Elks and Reindeers ?

Nice pictures, brought back memories of visits to Stockholm during Y2K rollover.

Where is that farmer's market? Is that 'SkorHolmen' (hope that spelling is correct, it might have two dots on letter 'o') or somewhere else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 970037)
This is how one gives a jolt to drivers straying out of the designated driving area on highways. Ingenious, one must say. The white strips give a soft rumble, the slots beyond can really vibrate the suspension and steering

Quite an ingenious idea. This is probably meant to awake people who doze off at the wheel.

Nice pics. Loved the pics of the market and the flowers and chilli in the market look wonderful.

Beautiful Pics man!!

Brings back old memories...

Is that fruit market the Hötorgshallen in Hötorget?

If you go to Hötorget, don't forget to have the Kebab with Rice in one of the local kebab shops! Man they completely rock!

My humble request:Please click some more pics in Stockholm..specially the tunnelbana and the buses...Love that place!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 970264)
One question. How does one go north of the north pole?

I thought the north pole meant northern most point possible?:D

He means Canada Vid. Yes Sam Canada sure is a beautiful place! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 970265)
Elks and Reindeers ?

Reindeers. Elks are south of Stockholm. Must have got really bored of the stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sukiwa (Post 970269)
... Is that 'SkorHolmen' ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 (Post 970782)
... Is that fruit market the Hötorgshallen in Hötorget? ...

Not Skärsholmen. Yes, right behind Konsert Huset, near Hötorget.

OK, now about the classic cars. I was standing in the balcony having a smoke, when one of these went by, and then another. Since I was not properly attired for running to the street level, I just ran in, grabbed my camera and started shooting (sorry for the bad angle and informal shots, Rudra, I need to take lessons from you):
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0239.jpg

Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0240.jpg

Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0241.jpg

Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0242.jpg

Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0243.jpg

Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0244.jpg

Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0247.jpg

Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0249.jpg

Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0251.jpg

Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0253.jpg

There must have been more than 70, I took about 60+ pics. All from the Jönköping region, immaculately maintained. A couple had FFE, and they would gun the engine at every opportunity. Some had those "hon-onh" horns (can't find a better way of describing it), which added to the general merriment. They must have gone around all the main streets of this small town.

Quote:

Nope. The northern most tip of a north pole is the northernmost singular point of that pole.

Some more (sorry, connectivity problems led to delays):
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0254.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0257.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0258.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0260.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0276.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0279.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0296.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0298.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0310.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0311.jpg

I had hoped the huge black dog in the pick-up would come out well, but it is almost invisible against the black liner.

Some pics I clicked on Tuesday at Stockholm.

1.Swedens most popular department store
2.A typical street
3.Royal Palace Courtyard
4.Random Art Cafe

This shop makes it quite obvious that piercing is a painful affair:
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0319.jpg

The neo-Gothic style Sophia church in Jönköping. Built in 1888, it is the most visible building from the countryside:
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0322.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0323.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0345.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0346.jpg

This is a smaller Methodist church, near the Sophia church, which is used by the Assyrians who migrated to Sweden:
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0325.jpg

I wish I had a better lens to capture the lynx alone. Local handicrafts - these were outstanding miniatures:
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0352.jpg
Postcards from Sweden-dsc_0353.jpg

I know its been more than a year, but it's a wonderful thread. Some wonderful photographs. Even if one has not visited these places, photographs are a great aid for a peek into different cultures.

Hi mind-boggling pics!!

Quote:

Maybe he meant North of Arctic Circle and south of the North Pole??

I agree with Sam, Scandinavia above the arctic circle is a treat for nature lovers, its definately a must visit. I loved the architecture specially is Stockholm.

The photographs are lovely, No idea about the dark line on the bottom of the pics. But usually u see such dark areas in the sea when that part of the sea is deeper than the rest.