Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 20:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Three photographs of shops in the Biswanath Gali. Sorry about the delay in putting them up. These pics were taken by my friend's girl friend Sophie Richter.
Attached Thumbnails
Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-varanasi-108.jpg  

Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-varanasi-109.jpg  

Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-varanasi-110.jpg  

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 21st October 2008 at 20:31.
Old 21st October 2008, 20:40   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Hi Blackpearl
Adding to what Saurav says, are you referring to Bagodar or Barhi?
I think it should be Barhi. Is Asansol about 1 and a half hours drive from this place?
Old 21st October 2008, 22:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nah. It took me three hours while coming back. And I suppose I got better roads than you. So it was probably some other place.
Meanwhile a few more pics from Sophie's collection. They don't really require any caption. Incidentally the middle one isn't me !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-hair.jpg  

Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-varanasi-027.jpg  

Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-varanasi-033.jpg  

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 21st October 2008 at 22:04.
Old 28th July 2015, 17:27   #49
BHPian

Re: Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Even there is one short route available and I come on that route. By Dumri - Parasnath is more distance.

Kolakata - Gobindpur - Tundi - Giridih - Deoghar. This is the best route for Deoghar.

Gobindpur is the place where left turn (From Kolkata side) from GT road goes to Dhanbad and Right turn goes to Giridih it is usual road for Giridih - Dhanbad.
Did not find any other suitable threads, so posting here only. Mods, please route to applicable thread incase you find it irrelevant here.

I was initially planning a trip to Murshidabad in the first week of August. However, due to widespread rain, heard that a large stretch in SH7 ( Ketugram area) is inundated. Hence thinking of Giridih under revised circumstance. It would be really helpful if anyone can throw some light on the following:
1> How safe is Giridih the place for staying and some local sightseeing limited to Giridih only like Usri falls and Khandoli reservoir area. Is the road from Gobindpur to Giridih safe considering I would be passing that around 12 to 1 PM timeframe?
2> How's the road condition from Gobindpur to Giridih during this monsoon?

This is not a must one tour and hence incase road condition is not suitable, please suggest. I would be travelling in Ertiga with my wife and two kids aged 5 years

Thanks in advance for any help
SUbhojit
Old 28th July 2015, 18:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhojitb View Post
1> How safe is Giridih the place for staying and some local sightseeing limited to Giridih only like Usri falls and Khandoli reservoir area. Is the road from Gobindpur to Giridih safe considering I would be passing that around 12 to 1 PM timeframe?
The road is totally safe. And you are travelling almost on the middle on the day. Feel free to enjoy your trip.

Quote:
2> How's the road condition from Gobindpur to Giridih during this monsoon?
Though I have no idea about the latest condition of the road after the rains, I guess it should be OK. For you I am posting few photos, all of which are taken in the stretch between Gobindpur and Giridih.
Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-dsc_0006.jpg

Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-dsc_0008.jpg

Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-dsc_0010.jpg

Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-dsc_0012.jpg

Kolkata-Benares during Durga Puja-dsc_0016.jpg

But please remember that these pictures were all taken about nine months ago, before the rains started.
Warm regards,
Rahul Biswas,
Cossipore, North Calcutta.
rahul4640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 19:36   #51
BHPian

Thanks a lot Rahul da for all your help. The pics look great and tempting. Just going back to my subtopic..hope giridih and its outskirts like usri and khandoli are safe? I believe that is not a maoist area, right? Any other comments related to roads after this heavy monsoon would be really helpful, though the pics shared by rahul da suggest it might remain intact during monsoon as well
Thanks
Subhojit
Old 29th July 2015, 09:28   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Just going back to my subtopic..hope giridih and its outskirts like usri and khandoli are safe?
Do not be alarmed. I assure you that you do not have anything to worry. Usri waterfall is located right on the main road you will be driving through. After crossing the Usri river, take the first road on your left. The waterfall is hardly 500 meters off the main road, which may be slightly broken but is quite drive able.

Khandoli reservoir is only eight KM off the Giridih station, served by the very busy Giridih-Madhupur Road. It is a very popular picnic spot for the people of Giridih, Madhupur and other small adjacent towns. In case you are afraid to take your own car, rest assured that it is possibly also served by auto rickshaws from Giridih on a regular basis. There are boating facilities, a small toy train ride and a beautifully maintained garden which I am sure your kids will love.
rahul4640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 10:42   #53
BHPian

Many thanks once again. Feels assured now. Will update if and when the tour is made.

Thanks
Subhojit
subhojitb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks